News:

<+Ice> i have a dildo factory line run by old women in my garage

Main Menu

Okay guys, I'm sorry

Started by JMV, September 26, 2007, 05:59:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JMV

I'm sorry that you guys don't get the humor in intentional irony and obvious sarcasm. 

I would think people would realize that I was joking when I make a post saying "F*** you"(I need to fix word filters, I'll do that after this) in a thread about word filters and quoting a person who tried insulting those who use profanity.  A normal person would seem to understand how that was obviously a joke, but I guess not.  :-\

Same thing with the sarcastic comments I make.

I guess I'll dumb down the jokes for a few of you.
Boyah Forums | Join Boyah

Light

Wow... I've never seen an admin do this before... The question is who is willing to de-admin him?
Holy crap all my sigs were always poop. Best leave this space alone.

Judas

Eh, this post probably didn't make the situation any better. Don't change the filters, they're fine. We can't go without them, and I don't want them to be more than just asterisks.

"With a heart of furious fancies, whereof I am commander, with a burning spear and a horse of air, to the wilderness I wander."

Genius

You're a terrible person for making jokes like that.  You need to realize that the average Nsider doesn't have the mental capacity to understand such complicated things.  You should be posting you phail pictures instead.

Also, filters are working fine with me.

StarWindWizard7

Quote from: JMV290 on September 26, 2007, 05:59:28 PM
I'm sorry that you guys don't get the humor in intentional irony and obvious sarcasm. 

I would think people would realize that I was joking when I make a post saying "F*** you"(I need to fix word filters, I'll do that after this) in a thread about word filters and quoting a person who tried insulting those who use profanity.  A normal person would seem to understand how that was obviously a joke, but I guess not.  :-\

Same thing with the sarcastic comments I make.

I guess I'll dumb down the jokes for a few of you.

You already apologized to me, so I take no offense.

Just have to be careful what you say, it seems.

JMV

Quote from: LIGHTNINGSWORD on September 26, 2007, 06:02:25 PM
Wow... I've never seen an admin do this before... The question is who is willing to de-admin him?
No one really, calling some one an idiot and making one joke isn't anything bad.  It just means some people need to lighten up.
Quote from: Genius on September 26, 2007, 06:03:29 PM
You're a terrible person for making jokes like that.  You need to realize that the average Nsider doesn't have the mental capacity to understand such complicated things.  You should be posting you phail pictures instead.

Also, filters are working fine with me.
Some one said the filters weren't working because they saw when I said "intercourse "

Genius

Quote from: JMV290 on September 26, 2007, 06:05:31 PM
Some one said the filters weren't working because they saw when I said "f***"

Weird, I don't know why.  Did the person disable censors thinking he was enabling them?

It's working for me, not sure what the problem is.

NGAMER9

See, apoligizing politely would have been good, except throughout that paragraph you insulted most of us, which only makes you look worse.
Hey all.  Do you plan on getting GH3?  Do you have online?  If you answered yes to both questions, why not join a band on guitarhero.com? I am currently starting up a band, and I need some awsome rockers.  If you are interested, pm me.  No name yet, so if you have ideas, pm me please.

JMV

Quote from: NGAMER9 on September 26, 2007, 06:09:37 PM
See, apoligizing politely would have been good, except throughout that paragraph you insulted most of us, which only makes you look worse.
Uhm, not really.

Read the post again, and then you'd get the last comment.  'Twas some more hidden humor.

NGAMER9

Quote from: JMV290 on September 26, 2007, 06:11:19 PM
Uhm, not really.

Read the post again, and then you'd get the last comment.  'Twas some more hidden humor.
Yeah, really.  I'll dumb down the humor, cuz you obviously don't get it!!111917838! LolOlOlolol!  Just because it is a joke doesn't mean that it isn't rude.  Remember that.
Hey all.  Do you plan on getting GH3?  Do you have online?  If you answered yes to both questions, why not join a band on guitarhero.com? I am currently starting up a band, and I need some awsome rockers.  If you are interested, pm me.  No name yet, so if you have ideas, pm me please.

JMV

Quote from: NGAMER9 on September 26, 2007, 06:14:48 PM
Uhm, not really.

Yeah, really.  I'll dumb down the humor, cuz you obviously don't get it!!111917838! LolOlOlolol!  Just because it is a joke doesn't mean that it isn't rude.  Remember that.
Any joke can offend any person. Remember that.

Shujinco2

I can't help but feel this has an insulting tone to it!

But as for your point:

I believe that the saying, "A joke is but a joke when nothing insulting is added within it," is a very wise saying!

I also believe the phrase, "It's only offending if someone is offended," is a wise one as well!

Now, let us ask this forum member if HE thinks post was a joke or an insult!

I'll be right back!

NGAMER9

Quote from: JMV290 on September 26, 2007, 06:16:16 PM
Uhm, not really.

That's obviously not true.  But any joke that swears at someone could obviously offend someone...while certain humor can't.

JMV

Quote from: NGAMER9 on September 26, 2007, 06:17:40 PM
Uhm, not really.

That's obviously not true.  But any joke that swears at someone could obviously offend someone...while certain humor can't.
Tell me any joke and I can tell you some one it may offend.

And swearing with word filters on shouldn't offend anyone. 

NGAMER9

Quote from: JMV290 on September 26, 2007, 06:18:34 PM
Quote from: NGAMER9 on September 26, 2007, 06:17:40 PM
Uhm, not really.

Tell me any joke and I can tell you some one it may offend.

And swearing with word filters on shouldn't offend anyone. 
So a guy walks into a bar and says ouch...
ZOMG that is racist and all that!!!! It offends the entire world!!!!