News:

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

Main Menu

Oh dear god. GH3 NEWS!!!!!! (No, this is not a rickroll or a joke. <3)

Started by Razer, September 28, 2007, 11:45:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which AC/DC song would you like in Guitar Hero III?

Highway to Hell
Hell's Bells
Thunderstruck
Back in Black
Rock 'n Roll Ain't Noise Pollution
/ (Other)

Razer

AC/DC has been confirmed in Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J96tzB1jhsA

Along with that video, Scorehero agrees!:
http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=23432

Oh dear lord.
If Zeppelin by some miracle of an above power is put in GH3, the world will end within a week of the game's release.

Oh, and no stairway plz.
Houses of the Holy or Black Dog yes plz. <3

Fell

Well, you never know what they're saying. It IS in spanish.

It could've said, "They're trying to have AC/DC on this game, so hopefully it works out." Or something like that.

But I want back in black in.

Spongebob does not approve

sonicdude164

Razer

Quote from: KOOLMAN8889 on September 28, 2007, 12:30:53 PM
I want stairway to be in it
If Stairway IS in it, it'll be one of the easiest songs. :P
Stupid easy. >_>

Razer

sonicdude164

_GanonMetroid_

Quote from: razer922 on September 28, 2007, 11:45:06 AM
Good Times Bad Times would be amazing. Also I want to punch everyone who wants Stairway in there in the face. Not for Guitar Hero. Just no.

NJNETSFAN15

Quote from: _GanonMetroid_ on September 28, 2007, 12:58:59 PM
Good Times Bad Times would be amazing. Also I want to punch everyone who wants Stairway in there in the face. Not for Guitar Hero. Just no.
Why exactly, do you NOT want it?

It's the most popular guitar solo in history. One of the most popular SONGS in history. Even the Guitar Hero song finders want stairway to heaven in Guitar Hero. Bad.

Check Led Zepplin's Wikipedia page, under lisencing or somthing like that, it says specifically that they were trying to specifically get Stairway to Heaven for GH3. the Guitar Hero makers are going for "Iconic Guitar parts" It doesn't get more iconic then Stairway to Heaven. Also, was I the ONLY person to notice how they seem to bash the final song on the next game, in the previous game?

Look at the first game.

"Nobody Wants to Play Freebird..."

Second game " Remember, No Stairway!"

That alone hints that they are trying to get stairway to Heaven into thier next game. Is it the hardest song ever to be played? Hell no. Is it the most mind blowing guitar part in history? Still no.

Is it the most iconic guitar part in History?

Very Yes, and this alone, is why it is wanted/needed in guitar Hero, wether it be this one, or a future one.

_GanonMetroid_

Quote from: NJNETSFAN15 on September 29, 2007, 11:40:06 AM
Quote from: _GanonMetroid_ on September 28, 2007, 12:58:59 PM
Why exactly, do you NOT want it?

It's the most popular guitar solo in history. One of the most popular SONGS in history. Even the Guitar Hero song finders want stairway to heaven in Guitar Hero. Bad.

Check Led Zepplin's Wikipedia page, under lisencing or somthing like that, it says specifically that they were trying to specifically get Stairway to Heaven for GH3. the Guitar Hero makers are going for "Iconic Guitar parts" It doesn't get more iconic then Stairway to Heaven. Also, was I the ONLY person to notice how they seem to bash the final song on the next game, in the previous game?

Look at the first game.

"Nobody Wants to Play Freebird..."

Second game " Remember, No Stairway!"

That alone hints that they are trying to get stairway to Heaven into thier next game. Is it the hardest song ever to be played? Hell no. Is it the most mind blowing guitar part in history? Still no.

Is it the most iconic guitar part in History?

Very Yes, and this alone, is why it is wanted/needed in guitar Hero, wether it be this one, or a future one.
Yes, I noticed the Free Bird thing. That's possibly the only thing you have going for your argument. The fact of the matter is Stairway would be boring to play. Incredibly boring, and long. There are better Led Zep songs out there for the game.

As for the iconic part: they already have Welcome to the Jungle.

And I'm not saying it's a bad song by any means. I just think it's not suited for the game.

Silverhawk79

Stairway would be boring to play.
The acoustic parts for the first 5 or so minutes are just...bleh.

NJNETSFAN15

Welcome to the Jungle isn't as iconic for it's guitar, as it is for it's all around goodness.

The fact of the matter is, go out, ask 100 people, wether they know stairway to Heaven. Wether they've listened to it or not, just, if they've heard of it.

Do the same for Acchilies last Stand, Black Dog, etc.

More people know Stairway.

They could have put That Smell, by skynard, because it has an equally intersting guitar solo, is a bit shorter, for those of you who complained of that, and has vocals through most of it.

however, why did they pick Free Bird? Iconic Guitar solo. It's almost synomous with Guitar Solo.

Sure, Stairway is 7 minutes, and it's actual solo is pretty short, the begining part isn't that mind blowing, either. However, it wasn't named the top guitar solo of all time by READERS of guitar World  because it's boring.

It was the song that many guitarist started out with. The sheer amount of people that casually play guitar hero wouldn't mind having that song in the game, at all. It's a song they can sing too. Almost everybody knows the vocals, and the rhythem. It's a song you can play, sing, hum, whatver you wish while you play it.

Black Dog wouldn't work either <_<

Too many pauses between Guitar Parts, imo , War Pigs was so boring to play because it had the same basic idea, but black dog is too short, combined with the puases.

_GanonMetroid_

Quote from: NJNETSFAN15 on September 29, 2007, 01:17:08 PM
Welcome to the Jungle isn't as iconic for it's guitar, as it is for it's all around goodness.

The fact of the matter is, go out, ask 100 people, wether they know stairway to Heaven. Wether they've listened to it or not, just, if they've heard of it.

Do the same for Acchilies last Stand, Black Dog, etc.

More people know Stairway.

They could have put That Smell, by skynard, because it has an equally intersting guitar solo, is a bit shorter, for those of you who complained of that, and has vocals through most of it.

however, why did they pick Free Bird? Iconic Guitar solo. It's almost synomous with Guitar Solo.

Sure, Stairway is 7 minutes, and it's actual solo is pretty short, the begining part isn't that mind blowing, either. However, it wasn't named the top guitar solo of all time by READERS of guitar World  because it's boring.

It was the song that many guitarist started out with. The sheer amount of people that casually play guitar hero wouldn't mind having that song in the game, at all. It's a song they can sing too. Almost everybody knows the vocals, and the rhythm. It's a song you can play, sing, hum, whatver you wish while you play it.

Black Dog wouldn't work either <_<

Too many pauses between Guitar Parts, imo , War Pigs was so boring to play because it had the same basic idea, but black dog is too short, combined with the puases.
Free Bird's solo happened to be 5 minutes long, and craaaaaaazy. That might have helped it get into GH2.  That Smell wasn't even a single.

Your statement about Stairway's solo is even supporting my argument that it would be boring.

I haven't once debated the popularity of Stairway with you. Start telling me why it would be fun to play. Not fun to sing along to, fun to play.

Subach

I wouldn't mind some Skynard in GH 3.

And it would be freaking awesome if Hendrick's ghost was the final boss of GH3.