News:

Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

Yay Rosetta Stone

Started by JMV, February 09, 2008, 10:47:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JMV

so like some one on boyah helped me find a link and now i'm getting rosetta stone and a bunch of language packs.

does rosetta stone really work well?

Boyah Forums | Join Boyah

Syncopathic

Learn Japanese to understand the Weeabboo faggotry.

Hiei

I've heard mixed reviews from some friends. One says it sucks, another says it's a good starting point, but it's usefulness eventually dies. However, the second friend feels it's better than most language software because it forces you to learn th basics of the language the same way you do your native one.

EDIT: Also, I've heard some criticisms over the terms it teaches. I remember reading something about how in the Russian one, it teaches you to use generic verbs, which typically isn't used in Russian. Example:

It teaches you to say 'ride on a boat'.
But a native speaker would say 'sailing on a boat'.

britneymahboy

Can i haf a link to this boyah place you talk about?

I need to learn my languages.
NAMBLA

JMV

Quote from: Sceptile on February 09, 2008, 10:54:52 PM
Learn Japanese to understand the Weeabboo faggotry.
I think I downloaded the japanese language pack, but it's not high up on my list of languages to learn.

Italian
Latin
Spanish
Arabic
Chinese or Japanese both tie for the bottom.
Quote from: Hiei on February 09, 2008, 10:55:20 PM
I've heard mixed reviews from some friends. One says it sucks, another says it's a good starting point, but it's usefulness eventually dies. However, the second friend feels it's better than most language software because it forces you to learn th basics of the language the same way you do your native one.

EDIT: Also, I've heard some criticisms over the terms it teaches. I remember reading something about how in the Russian one, it teaches you to use generic verbs, which typically isn't used in Russian. Example:

It teaches you to say 'ride on a boat'.
But a native speaker would say 'sailing on a boat'.
Thanks.

I also have some pimsleur approach thingy that my mom got me a few years ago that I've yet to use extensively since I haven't really had the time to use it.

Boyah Forums | Join Boyah

Pixie

(: