News:

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

Main Menu

Have you lost a game or anything else because of an action of your brother?

Started by DededeCloneChris, April 16, 2008, 06:18:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sonicdude164

THEEVILSPERKY

My GameBoy Color was damaged by my younger brother.  Now it doesn't produce any sound.  He swiped his blanket across my dresser causing everything on top of it to fall several feet.

My Pokemon Silver Version was damaged by my younger brother.  After the incident it could no longer hold saved data.  Occurred at the same time the GBC was damaged.

My Goldeneye 007 game for N64 which had all levels beaten on most difficulties was destroyed by my younger brother.  It is now in multiple pieces and is in no way working.

My first N64 controller that I owned for a total of 4 days was disabled.  It's cord was exposed and broken by him somehow, I don't even remember how he managed that.  I bought the controller 2 days before getting the system which I paid over half for while he only chipped in a tiny bit.  I gave in and let him get the free controller that we got with it.  So him with his 1 N64 game and me with my half a dozen plus.. I got screwed over 'cause 2 days after owning the system I couldn't play it.  He wouldn't let me use his controller that should've been mine so he kept the system, 1 game, and 1 controller to himself and nothing was done about it.

My SNES is also R.I.P. but that's because of my dad.

I'm not sure what all else but many of my games have disappeared over the years...

It's a short list 'cause it was limited to gaming.. the kid's a menace..
NES, SNES, N64, GCN (Jet Black), PQ (JPN), Wii, GBP (Clear), GBC (Green x2), GBASP (x2 Cobalt, x1 NES), DSLite (Black), SG3, SDC (x1 BIG, x1 Clear black top, solid grey/beige bottom), PS (x2), PS2 (Slim, Silver), PS3 (NTSC 60GB upgraded to 500GB), PSP 2000 (Silver, 4GB), XBox360 Elite

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: THEEVILSPERKY on April 16, 2008, 10:10:36 PM
My GameBoy Color was damaged by my younger brother.  Now it doesn't produce any sound.  He swiped his blanket across my dresser causing everything on top of it to fall several feet.

My Pokemon Silver Version was damaged by my younger brother.  After the incident it could no longer hold saved data.  Occurred at the same time the GBC was damaged.

My Goldeneye 007 game for N64 which had all levels beaten on most difficulties was destroyed by my younger brother.  It is now in multiple pieces and is in no way working.

My first N64 controller that I owned for a total of 4 days was disabled.  It's cord was exposed and broken by him somehow, I don't even remember how he managed that.  I bought the controller 2 days before getting the system which I paid over half for while he only chipped in a tiny bit.  I gave in and let him get the free controller that we got with it.  So him with his 1 N64 game and me with my half a dozen plus.. I got screwed over 'cause 2 days after owning the system I couldn't play it.  He wouldn't let me use his controller that should've been mine so he kept the system, 1 game, and 1 controller to himself and nothing was done about it.

My SNES is also R.I.P. but that's because of my dad.

I'm not sure what all else but many of my games have disappeared over the years...

It's a short list 'cause it was limited to gaming.. the kid's a menace..
Why your SNES is dead because of your dad?

THEEVILSPERKY

Instead of connecting both the SNES and N64 into two different A/V inputs in the back of the TV.. or just switching which system the A/V cables were connected to.. my dad got some gizmo that you plugged both A/V into which then turned into one connection to the back.  There was a switch on the device so it was really convenient to switch between systems.

Unfortunately my dad thought something was obstructing the connection on the back of the SNES and wound up using a screwdriver to try and remove the obstruction.  He wound up damaging the back of the SNES and no longer could any cable be plugged in and rendered the system useless.

In retrospect, it was probably not too hard to fix but I was a kid and my parents obviously didn't know any better.  You would've definitely had to open the thing up and most likely replace an internal part but what's done is done..
NES, SNES, N64, GCN (Jet Black), PQ (JPN), Wii, GBP (Clear), GBC (Green x2), GBASP (x2 Cobalt, x1 NES), DSLite (Black), SG3, SDC (x1 BIG, x1 Clear black top, solid grey/beige bottom), PS (x2), PS2 (Slim, Silver), PS3 (NTSC 60GB upgraded to 500GB), PSP 2000 (Silver, 4GB), XBox360 Elite

WiiGuy

I was playing a game and then my little sister walked in front of the TV but stayed there for 3 seconds, then once i saw the tv again i died. then i yelled at my sister because i now have to start the whole game over again. then my mom told me to come to her.

so i got in trouble and had to turn my game while my little sister gets on.

Ridley

Never, Redsox isn't really the make you lose or break things kind of person. He is a menace in other ways but not with the games.
...Friend codes were probably implemented by the same people who wanted tripping in Brawl...
...It's quite obvious...

Triforceman22

Quote from: Ridley on April 17, 2008, 11:34:48 AM
Never, Redsox isn't really the make you lose or break things kind of person. He is a menace in other ways but not with the games.

I wish I had a sibling like yours, :(

My sister destroyed one of my PS1 controllers.

She threw it at the wall because I beat her in Crash bandicoot. :P
it shattered to pieces.
That's when I screamed.

QuoteRobotnik: GET A LOAD OF THIS!!!!!!!!

Tupin

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Ridley

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on April 16, 2008, 06:42:47 PM
My brother used to sleepwalk and he peed on my Gamecube.

Yeah, I never let him live it down.

Yes I noticed and it looks like you have a piss machine. The joystick must be pretty gross.
...Friend codes were probably implemented by the same people who wanted tripping in Brawl...
...It's quite obvious...

Tupin

Quote from: Ridley on April 17, 2008, 12:05:10 PM

Yes I noticed and it looks like you have a piss machine. The joystick must be pretty gross.
It was just the console thankfully.

Ridley

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on April 17, 2008, 12:07:29 PM

It mess anything up?
...It's quite obvious...

Tupin

Quote from: Ridley on April 17, 2008, 12:10:31 PM
Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on April 17, 2008, 12:07:29 PM

It mess anything up?
I obviously had to replace the system.

SkyMyl

My niece was watching one of my many movies, I got it back, and I saw something that made me pass out. SHE SMEARED THE DISK WITH HER FINGERS!

Not to mention 4 other discs suffered the same fate. :(

Ridley

Quote from: MasterYoungLink on April 17, 2008, 12:32:03 PM
My niece was watching one of my many movies, I got it back, and I saw something that made me pass out. SHE SMEARED THE DISK WITH HER FINGERS!

Not to mention 4 other discs suffered the same fate. :(

Just lightly wet a paper towel and go in circles. Works for me. Also there is this thing called ... I forgot but it fixes disks.
...It's quite obvious...

Doodle

We usually go back and fourth doing things to each other. Like my bro will probably do something, then I'll do something back. Then it just continutes... :(
But I'm gonna hack his MySpace if he does anything else. >:(

But some things I remember my bro doing to me:

- Erasing ourSuper smash bros  Melee save data.
- Smearing my Animal Crossing disc simply because he thinks it's gay. :|
- Erasing numerous other games.
- Killing our computer with Limewire, and stupidly turning off the anti virus before that he got Limewire.
- This doesn't have anything to do with games, but beating me up and making me pay him to stop. :(

That's all I got so far.
YEAH