News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

What do you think the future will have in store?

Started by SkyMyl, April 30, 2008, 01:02:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkyMyl

You know the deep far away future? Like with robots, floating houses, hovercrafts, interacting with games by walking into them, and the like. While cool (ish), it's just impossible. What do you think the future will be like? Like will it be similar to the movies, with or without robots, aliens, or an experiment going wrong and the world will be in peril? Will it be a slightly more advanced version of what it is now?

What's your opinion? What do you think the future will be like, in 7-20 years from now? I feel as though it won't be much more advanced than it is now, despite what everyone says. A few features of daily life will probably change, but I don't think that we'll be as advanced as certain people say.

What new features do you think the future will have? Like new forms of currency, new forms of transportation, new computers, ipods as big as an ant, lack of elephants, a way to fuse human and machine (NEVER!), ect...

Also, opinions only! If you have to act like a smarta**, and try to explain how advanced the future will be, then get the f*** out. >:(

Sgt.Chilly

Option A: Brighter Tomorrow

Option B: Thunderdome Apocalypse

Zovistograt

20 years?  A move toward hydrogen cars and nanotechnology.  I'm also hoping there'll be some breakthroughs in biology and modern physics.

The distant future?  The future will be quite different to the present, except that it'll still be called the present even though it's the future...and what we call the present, they'll call the past, so we'll be way behind.  There will be no more elephants, and no more unethical treatment of elephants either.  There will be no more humans.  Finally, robotic beings will rule the world!

The humans are dead
The humans are dead
They'll use poisonous gases
And they'll poison our asses

The humans are dead
(that's right they'll be dead)
The humans are dead
(I do believe they'll be dead)
It had to be done
(I just confirmed that they'll be dead)
So we could have fun
(Affirmative, I poked one it was dead)

</Flight of the Conchords>

Distant future...Mars is being terraformed, Venus is our garbage dump, and the ISS is a resort.  Beside that, I can't say for sure.
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

Tupin

Computers and nanochips will be embedded in everything.

Gasoline will rise to thousands of dollars a barrel and the industry will collapse.

Hydrogen power will be used for everything.

And of course, most developed nations will land on the moon and some will land on Mars.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

SkyMyl

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on April 30, 2008, 01:14:34 PM

Gasoline will rise to thousands of dollars a barrel and the industry will collapse.

And of course, most developed nations will land on the moon and some will land on Mars.

Underlined: I bit farfetched, in my humblest opinion.
Bold: I agree entirely. Unless we find a contradiction somewhere.

Tupin

Quote from: MasterYoungLink on April 30, 2008, 01:16:53 PM

Some nanochips are so small that they are microscopic and can fit in between threads on clothes and are waterproof.

If they industry collapses, America, Russia, and all of the nations in OPEC are screwed.

And they all may not LAND on the moon, more just send people up through the space elevator.  :P

SkyMyl

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on April 30, 2008, 01:38:25 PM

Some nanochips are so small that they are microscopic and can fit in between threads on clothes and are waterproof.

If they industry collapses, America, Russia, and all of the nations in OPEC are screwed.

And they all may not LAND on the moon, more just send people up through the space elevator.  :P
Space Elevator =/= Realism

Tupin

Quote from: MasterYoungLink on April 30, 2008, 01:53:25 PM

There's this metal that is 200 times stronger than steel that they are considering making it out of.

Of course, there's always privately-funded space travel.

Zovistograt

Quote from: MasterYoungLink on April 30, 2008, 01:53:25 PM

I remember seeing an article on it.  Some people are serious about making it.  It's a bit of a stretch though, pardon the pun.
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

Miiman56

Tupin

Quote from: Miiman56 on April 30, 2008, 02:00:25 PM
global warming my friend
Oh yeah, that reminds me.

Parts of Florida will have to be abandoned.

SkyMyl

-_-

Points taken. I await the poison from the new metal 200X stronger than steel.

And if they are making an elevator for space, then I'm going to feel really retarded for the next 5 1/2 days.

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on April 30, 2008, 02:01:13 PM
Quote from: Miiman56 on April 30, 2008, 02:00:25 PM
global warming my friend
Oh yeah, that reminds me.

Parts of Florida will have to be abandoned.
Why not Californa!?

Zovistograt

Quote from: MasterYoungLink on April 30, 2008, 02:01:48 PM
-_-

And if they are making an elevator for space, then I'm going to feel really retarded for the next 5 1/2 days.
Well...it's nothing definite.  Just a project NASA said they probably would be able to seriously pull off in the future.

SkyMyl

Quote from: Zovistograt on April 30, 2008, 02:03:24 PM
-_-

Well...it's nothing definite.  Just a project NASA said they probably would be able to seriously pull off in the future.
Okay then, it's different if it's not definite.

Zovistograt

Quote from: MasterYoungLink on April 30, 2008, 02:19:28 PM
Quote from: Zovistograt on April 30, 2008, 02:03:24 PM
-_-

Okay then, it's different if it's not definite.
They want to do it, and they probably can.  I'm with the camp that it would make the Earth look weird and I would totally never go on it.