News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

There's a Talent Show at My School Tonight

Started by ZGDK, May 16, 2008, 11:15:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZGDK

Some kids are doing a tribute to Led Zep. I'd like to see that, but it's not worth sitting through a Hannah Montana song, dancing, and all that poop for.

Lotos

You have to hope people will upload some videos onto YouTube.  People did that in my school.

sonicdude164

Quote from: Lotos on May 16, 2008, 12:55:37 PM
You have to hope people will upload some videos onto YouTube.  People did that in my school.
Same here, or at least the really funny or good ones.

Shujinco2

If your joining the show, here are some rules:

1. NO COMEDY ACT! Chances are, your either not funny at all, or so funny that nobody will get any of your jokes. I have NEVER seen a sucessful comedy act at a talent show! Never!

2. If your going to do something that has to do with music, I would not reccomend doing a band, unless they can REALLY play well, without many mistakes. Also, if your singing, sing a song that everybody knows, but isn't overplayed or heavily overrated. For instance, Soulja Boy is heavily overrated and overplayed, and everybody knows it. However, David Bowie and Queen's "Under Pressure" is known by everybody as well, but is probably not played or heard as much as "Soulja Boy". Not to mention it's a godly song!

3. Simple magic tricks are off limits. Well known but difficult magic tricks are OK, but nothing easy and cheesy.

Java

Quote from: Shujinco on May 16, 2008, 01:37:49 PM
2. If your going to do something that has to do with music, I would not reccomend doing a band, unless they can REALLY play well, without many mistakes. Also, if your singing, sing a song that everybody knows, but isn't overplayed or heavily overrated. For instance, Soulja Boy is heavily overrated and overplayed, and everybody knows it. However, David Bowie and Queen's "Under Pressure" is known by everybody as well, but is probably not played or heard as much as "Soulja Boy". Not to mention it's a godly song!
Please no.

I would recommend doing a song that doesn't have such a great vocalist singing.
Last thing people want to hear is some teenage boy ruining a great song.

This reminds me of a talent show at my middle school.
This one girl sang "Because You Love Me" by Celine Dion.
I couldn't stop laughing it was so horrendous.

Mutilator7

Has anyone ever done something that had to do with video games at one of these? Like play GH really well or something like that

Lippers

Hey look it's ZGDK.

You should sing White & Nerdy :D

darkmario

My school is had one that same night.My friend is going to sing.

Light

This one girl sang a Kelly Clarkson song (can't remember which one) for a talent show about three years back, and it was pretty good. However, two years ago, two little children obliterated some HSM song. That was that school's last talent show.
Holy crap all my sigs were always poop. Best leave this space alone.

Kaz

I seriously laughed at Shujinco recommending "Under Pressure." Do you have any idea how hard that would be to emulate?

Anyway, tributes to Led Zep usually suck because nobody can sing like Robert Plant, but oh well.
Quote<+Mithos> My mom grounded me for being gay.

Riosan

[21:51]   <Smashin>   No one likes a sad fat kid.
[21:51]   Mystic has left #nsider (Leaving.)

SkyMyl

Tell everyone to give you $2.00-$5.00 so you can perform your talent. When everyone gives you the money, run. Spend to your hearts content.

Until I come up with something better, keep this in mind.

extraz

walk up on stage and fart in the microphone.

Tupin

Quote from: extraz on May 17, 2008, 12:56:35 PM
And that is why you got BoSD.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

extraz

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on May 17, 2008, 12:59:17 PM
Quote from: extraz on May 17, 2008, 12:56:35 PM
And that is why you got BoSD.

no...I didn't make comments like that on Serious discussion.

And I was serious that would be freakin' funny and people would be talking about it for years.