Quote from: Zovistograt on October 28, 2008, 11:16:11 AM
Quote from: Phaze on October 27, 2008, 01:09:44 PM
Quote from: tibar21 on October 27, 2008, 12:59:15 PM
Quote from: Phaze on October 26, 2008, 05:15:23 PM
Quote from: Daft Pink on October 26, 2008, 02:33:41 PM
Quote from: Phaze on October 25, 2008, 10:58:55 PM
Quote from: Java_Java on October 25, 2008, 09:58:59 PM
Quote from: Phaze on October 25, 2008, 08:24:41 PM
New Nikon Coolpix camera, 8 tickets to the Monterey bay Aquaruim for my birthday, Gerald David Bauman Silver Double-headed Snake Ring, and 5 Gum.

Yes, I pretty much bought them all at the same time.
I love that place!

The Jellyfish exhibit and the otter exhibits are awesome, well actually the whole aquarium is awesome.
Yeah, I love it there too. I've been about twice from field trips when I was younger and a few other times just from visiting Monterey. Its great. I can't wait to see if they have anything new.

I wish I lived closer to San Diego so I can go to Sea World, but, meh...
Move back here. :3 Sea World is waiting for you Phaze. And then I could actually meet you and then use my pedo powers.
Pff, I wish I could move back there. I HATE HATE HATE this small town >_>   

I was just back there not too long ago, but you were going through one of your reclusive stages D:
i know your pain. I used to live in Orange County, California and now I live in a f*cking cave in the northeast.
I hate small towns soooooooooooooooooo much. How do people like them? They are so freaking boring! I love cities, like L.A, New York, Tokyo, etc... They may have a lot of people that are rude and somewhat trashy, but who cares, they are fun! My parents have trouble grasping that >_>
I live in a small town.  It's true there aren't as many things going on here, but...it's ok.  The "neighborhood" feel is nice though...you get that "friendly" air around you.  It's not weird to say hi to random people walking down the street.
EXACTLY! Small towns SUCK! I like big, loud and fun cities. I grew up in one, I don't want to live in a small town. I like just blending in with the croud in a city, not walking down a quiet, boring street saying hi to all the old people who walk by >_>
Well, I grew up in this environment, so the basic view of life in either place is extremely different.

That said...I like to visit NYC.  However, I don't think I would want to live there.  It's kinda depressing unless you live in a cool upscale artsy part of the city, and that I suppose is expensive.
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

ThePowerOfOne

Quote from: Zovistograt on October 28, 2008, 12:36:34 PM
Quote from: Phaze on October 28, 2008, 11:27:55 AM
Quote from: Zovistograt on October 28, 2008, 11:16:11 AM
Quote from: Phaze on October 27, 2008, 01:09:44 PM
Quote from: tibar21 on October 27, 2008, 12:59:15 PM
Quote from: Phaze on October 26, 2008, 05:15:23 PM
Quote from: Daft Pink on October 26, 2008, 02:33:41 PM
Quote from: Phaze on October 25, 2008, 10:58:55 PM
Quote from: Java_Java on October 25, 2008, 09:58:59 PM
Quote from: Phaze on October 25, 2008, 08:24:41 PM
New Nikon Coolpix camera, 8 tickets to the Monterey bay Aquaruim for my birthday, Gerald David Bauman Silver Double-headed Snake Ring, and 5 Gum.

Yes, I pretty much bought them all at the same time.
I love that place!

The Jellyfish exhibit and the otter exhibits are awesome, well actually the whole aquarium is awesome.
Yeah, I love it there too. I've been about twice from field trips when I was younger and a few other times just from visiting Monterey. Its great. I can't wait to see if they have anything new.

I wish I lived closer to San Diego so I can go to Sea World, but, meh...
Move back here. :3 Sea World is waiting for you Phaze. And then I could actually meet you and then use my pedo powers.
Pff, I wish I could move back there. I HATE HATE HATE this small town >_>   

I was just back there not too long ago, but you were going through one of your reclusive stages D:
i know your pain. I used to live in Orange County, California and now I live in a f*cking cave in the northeast.
I hate small towns soooooooooooooooooo much. How do people like them? They are so freaking boring! I love cities, like L.A, New York, Tokyo, etc... They may have a lot of people that are rude and somewhat trashy, but who cares, they are fun! My parents have trouble grasping that >_>
I live in a small town.  It's true there aren't as many things going on here, but...it's ok.  The "neighborhood" feel is nice though...you get that "friendly" air around you.  It's not weird to say hi to random people walking down the street.
EXACTLY! Small towns SUCK! I like big, loud and fun cities. I grew up in one, I don't want to live in a small town. I like just blending in with the croud in a city, not walking down a quiet, boring street saying hi to all the old people who walk by >_>
Well, I grew up in this environment, so the basic view of life in either place is extremely different.

That said...I like to visit NYC.  However, I don't think I would want to live there.  It's kinda depressing unless you live in a cool upscale artsy part of the city, and that I suppose is expensive.
Its not depressing unless you live in the trashy parts of NYC. NYC is great, kinda like a more boring version of Tokyo, but still nice. Might want to not stay out too long or go out alone though :P

Java

*Chops down Quote Tree*

I like and dislike elements of both big cities and small towns.

I like the whole "busy" feel of cities of always having something to do.
However, I hate the crime that goes along with a big city.

I love the "friendly" atmosphere of a small town, however I don't think I'd be able to take the lack of stuff to do.

When I grow up, I think the ideal place for me would be a town outside of a big city.
Would that be considered a suburb?

ThePowerOfOne

Quote from: Java_Java on October 28, 2008, 08:30:40 PM
*Chops down Quote Tree*

I like and dislike elements of both big cities and small towns.

I like the whole "busy" feel of cities of always having something to do.
However, I hate the crime that goes along with a big city.

I love the "friendly" atmosphere of a small town, however I don't think I'd be able to take the lack of stuff to do.

When I grow up, I think the ideal place for me would be a town outside of a big city.
Would that be considered a suburb?
Yeah, I love cities because there is always something to do. Here, I have the ocean, but really, that gets boring after a while. There is clubs, TONS of places to shop at, great restauraunts, and it gets even better at night :O

Crime dosn't bother me, just know how to protect yourself and know how crime in the city works.