News:

<+Clu> have you tried barbecuing the computer

Main Menu

NES Week!

Started by The Riddler, April 16, 2010, 03:09:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Riddler

Starting things two days early this month because I have a wedding to go to this weekend. It'll end next Sunday as normal, though.
If you are playing Survivor and don't have an "AKA" set, please ask an admin to set your AKA and until then place your name somewhere in your sig or custom title. Actually, this applies to anyone who doesn't have an AKA yet.

Welcome to NES Week!

Hoo boy, NES. The system Nintendo revolutionized gaming with.

Got a favorite game from the Nintendo Entertainment System? Take a character from that game, change your name and avatar.

For avatars, we will prefer sprites. You may use artwork from the time (and ONLY from the time the game was out, no current artwork), but *try* to find sprites.
For the name, it's first come first serve. If someone uses Link from LoZ and someone wants Link from Zelda II, the second person is out of luck.

As with book week, everything must be a video game first. No games based on movies/shows/comics. This means Ducktales is out, TMNT is out, etc. Games that have movies/books/comics based on them is fine. However, it does not need to be NES exclusive. It just has to be on the NES.

This thread will be used for general NES discussion.

I'm Lance from Contra. :3

Spud

brb, changing out of my FABULOUS gear and putting on some 8-bit clothing.

JrDude

I don't need an AKA, my name will forever say JrDude (unless a mod decides to change it or something).
[move][/move]
Dude .

Thirdkoopa

it was inevitable.

I also was going to be 8 bit kirby but I procrastinated and had other graphic art to work on so intercourse  yeah mario :D
[21:11] <mackormoses> let's take a look at today's stats
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> stats today are high
[21:11] <mackormoses> holy intercourse ing poop
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> you adding all these standards
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> is really pushing us [/quote]
Quote from: JrDude φ on May 31, 2010, 08:32:13 PM
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"

Turok

Well, Link was on the NES, & I'm not changing from my bad-ass Viking-Link Avy. So, there.

[spoiler]
QuoteSo is it Capcom JPN or US screwing the PC release over? Both?
QuoteNUKE THEM FROM ORBIT, IT'S THE ONLY WAY TO BE SURE

PC GAMERS

If you don't give us what we want, we'll nuke you from orbit.
[/spoiler]

The Riddler

Quote from: TUROK on April 16, 2010, 03:29:26 PM
Well, Link was on the NES, & I'm not changing from my bad-ass Viking-Link Avy. So, there.
So basically you're not participating this week.

kthxbai

Lohn Jocke

I had little nostalgia from the NES (What with being born later and all), so I just chose the character that somehow manages to sneak himself (or rather, his character design) into every Mega Man game.

Rayquarian

My sprite's actually 32 bits.  I'll fix that...eventually.

SkyMyl

I had to improvise with the avy, but other than that, I tried my best to go obscure on this one.

On a side note, my sig is so iconic now that I don't think an AKA is necessary.
Speaking of which, whatever happened to it being temporary?

The Riddler

Quote from: Simea on April 16, 2010, 04:00:13 PM
I had to improvise with the avy, but other than that, I tried my best to go obscure on this one.

On a side note, my sig is so iconic now that I don't think an AKA is necessary.
Speaking of which, whatever happened to it being temporary?
Improvise for Crystalis? Huh?

SkyMyl

Quote from: Lance on April 16, 2010, 04:02:30 PM
Improvise for Crystalis? Huh?
Meaning, I had to rip it from a sprite sheet because Google search has failed me.

Java

SkyMyl

So, I see a new post in this thread and check it out. I'm greeted with the Duck Hunt Dog laughing at my failure.

Turok

Quote from: Lance on April 16, 2010, 03:35:18 PM
So basically you're not participating this week.

kthxbai
Fine, kthxhai

[spoiler]
QuoteSo is it Capcom JPN or US screwing the PC release over? Both?
QuoteNUKE THEM FROM ORBIT, IT'S THE ONLY WAY TO BE SURE

PC GAMERS

If you don't give us what we want, we'll nuke you from orbit.
[/spoiler]

Mystic