News:

<+Clu> Silverhawk79 is just wrong for me

Main Menu

Now I remember why you're my nth favorite forum<3

Started by JMV, July 18, 2011, 04:02:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kayo

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on July 19, 2011, 03:24:07 PM
Actually, I felt fine when I went there, but started feeling bad later on. Standing outside for hours in 80 degree weather is pretty tough, especially when you haven't eaten breakfast. lol. Basically, they thought I was suffering from heat stroke and they fired me to cover their own asses in case it happened again. It really sucks, because I've been able to deal with worse than that before. Horrible luck.
They fired you? They couldn't just ask you to go home for the day if you looked that bad?
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Kayo on July 19, 2011, 06:58:50 PM
They fired you? They couldn't just ask you to go home for the day if you looked that bad?
Nope. They were really strict, mainly because there are a lot of high school and college students trying to get the job, so I could be easily replaced.

Kayo

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on July 19, 2011, 08:05:29 PM
Nope. They were really strict, mainly because there are a lot of high school and college students trying to get the job, so I could be easily replaced.
That's a bit intercourse ed up, to be honest.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

TheDarkChief

i dunno, people pay me to do stuff
thats about it

also i <3 you jmv, i miss your eyebrows

Kayo

Soon the eyebrows will be more famous than JMV himself.
[move][/move]

TheDarkChief

Kayo

[move][/move]

Ravioli

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on July 19, 2011, 12:07:57 AM
I got fired from my last job for being sick one day. I'm dead serious. That was so stupid.
Oh boy, I've been there. I probably could have sued Tim Horton's for a fortune had I cared enough.

Too long of a story though.

Kayo

Quote from: Ravioli on July 20, 2011, 01:52:30 PM
Oh boy, I've been there. I probably could have sued Tim Horton's for a fortune had I cared enough.

Too long of a story though.
We have time.
[move][/move]

JrDude

They just fired you on the spot? They can't do that, they have to give a warning. I think it's 2 week notice? I don't remember. But you can get unemployment for that.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Kayo

Quote from: JrDude 益 on July 21, 2011, 12:22:23 AM
They just fired you on the spot? They can't do that, they have to give a warning. I think it's 2 week notice? I don't remember. But you can get unemployment for that.
No matter what the notice is, they shouldn't be able to just get rid of someone unless they cause serious destruction to the company or something... I don't know but there must be some exception to the notice. But the employee being sick is no excuse to fire him instantly.
[move][/move]

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Kayo on July 21, 2011, 06:07:38 AM
No matter what the notice is, they shouldn't be able to just get rid of someone unless they cause serious destruction to the company or something... I don't know but there must be some exception to the notice. But the employee being sick is no excuse to fire him instantly.
Like I said, they assumed it was heat stroke. I'm outside for eight hours straight for the job, which means that if it was heat stroke, there's a risk of it happening again. The job was being a flagger, so I guess the feared that I might faint while in the middle of the street (because a 19-year-old is obviously too dumb to know when he's feeling weak and light-headed). They didn't want to take the risk. Also, obviously, having to stop in the middle of the busiest time of day would have been inconvenient. It's understandable, but another chance would have been nice.

Kayo

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on July 21, 2011, 09:21:12 AM
Like I said, they assumed it was heat stroke. I'm outside for eight hours straight for the job, which means that if it was heat stroke, there's a risk of it happening again. The job was being a flagger, so I guess the feared that I might faint while in the middle of the street (because a 19-year-old is obviously too dumb to know when he's feeling weak and light-headed). They didn't want to take the risk. Also, obviously, having to stop in the middle of the busiest time of day would have been inconvenient. It's understandable, but another chance would have been nice.
I still don't think it's quite enough reason to fire you.
[move][/move]

Kayo

[move][/move]