News:

<Clu> no nsfcd is basically a ghost town, it should be killed behind fences

Main Menu

Club Nintendo Reminder and Notice

Started by Lotos, June 18, 2012, 01:23:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lotos

For those not paying attention, the Club Nintendo year ends after June 30th.

BEFORE YOU REGISTER YOUR SHIT

Look here:

https://club.nintendo.com/coin-values.do

Some registration values are decreasing, such as the DSi/DSiXL (from 160 to 100 coins) and some aged Wii and DS games (by 10-30 coins).

The Wii Nintendo Selects (excluding Pikmin 2 NPC) are all decreasing from 50 coins to 20 coins each.  (Protip:  If you have registered the originals, you can still register the "Selects" titles.  Buy the Selects pins off ebay and register them now.  Do NOT do the surveys until July, unless you really need the coins now).

3DS post play surveys will be decreased from 20 coins to 10 coins.  Some 3DS shop games will be decreased from 10 coins to 5 coins (lol wut?).

However, some games will have increased value.  The main Pokemon games (D/P/Pl/HG/SS/B/W) will be increased to 40 coins each.  Certain 3DS games (mostly, if not all, first party) will be increased to 40 coins.

Also, from what the chart says, the only Wii game to increase in coin value is Wii Fit, from 80 to 100 coins.

TL;DR, Club Nintendo year is ending June 30th, go click that link and use judgment on which games to register if you haven't registered games and still need Platinum status, as some redemption values will be changing.

Neerb

Gosh dang it, this is my first year to not qualify for at least Gold... and apparently I only did one of the Ambassador post-play surveys.  :(

On the up-side (sorta), I completely forgot to register Kid Icarus: Uprising, so once this upcoming year begins I can immediately start with some new coins.

I think the reason I didn't qualify this year is because I've bought mostly used titles, plus I think this may have been the ONLY year since it started that I didn't register a new system.

The Riddler

I've got platinum. I had 210 coins expiring and nothing appealed to me, so I got Donkey Kong posters.

Nayrman

Already at platinum, and I think only 100 coins or so expiring. I'd need to check.

Zero

Those changes start July 1st. If you have coins and are close to Platinum, go ahead and register them.

Lotos

Quote from: Z on June 19, 2012, 10:31:39 AM
Those changes start July 1st. If you have coins and are close to Platinum, go ahead and register them.

However, a few items might be worth holding off on (if possible), like the Pokemon games or first party 3DS games.

Tupin

I have 520 coins, not sure what I want to get, thinking of that Animal Crossing fan. That Game & Watch is cool, but I've seen people sell it on eBay for $40. May seem like a lot, but when you consider how much you would spend on games to get to that point...

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Spud

Somewhat mad I already registered Pokemon Pearl, Platinum, and HeartGold right before this announcement. Oh well, hopefully the platinum reward is neat.

Zero

Quote from: Spud on June 19, 2012, 03:31:20 PM
Somewhat mad I already registered Pokemon Pearl, Platinum, and HeartGold right before this announcement. Oh well, hopefully the platinum reward is neat.

Last year's was pretty lame

Kayo

Been meaning to register Uprising for weeks now. I guess now I'll wait a bit more. I also bought HeartGold and White recently and haven't registered them, so I'll wait a bit on those too.

This also means I need to get off my ass and register a poopton of Wii games I never got around to (DKCR, Skyward Sword, probably even Galaxy 2, however long ago that came out).

Thanks for the reminder.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Zero

Got Platinum. Hopefully this year's gift is good.

The Riddler

miniature zelda statue like the mario one from last year

calling it

Mona

Quote from: The Riddler on June 22, 2012, 08:47:06 PM
miniature zelda statue like the mario one from last year

calling it

Eeeeeee! I HOPE so! Do want!

Edit: Wait, do you mean two years ago? Last year we got a Mario button set.

The Riddler

Lotos

Quote from: The Riddler on June 23, 2012, 12:01:48 AM
it's been two years? dangit

Yup.  I don't even remember getting Platinum last year O_o  I got the pins/buttons and thought to myself "lol wut?  Why did I get these?"