News:

Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

Did anything happen to Nsider2/What happened to Nsider2 anyways?

Started by prinny4, October 30, 2007, 03:32:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kita

Please come check out my forum for all your RPG gaming News and chat:

www.vortexshadow.com

Bowser81889

Wonder how EJ's doing...<__<  I mean, when you think about it, he's the one doing all the work himself...I mean that's just insane.  Can't believe he personally shells out his own cash for an online forum just to keep us together.  Commendable, but insane.  I bet NSider2 will look awesome once he's finished. :P

Kita

Quote from: Bowser81889 on October 30, 2007, 08:29:33 AM
Wonder how EJ's doing...<__<  I mean, when you think about it, he's the one doing all the work himself...I mean that's just insane.  Can't believe he personally shells out his own cash for an online forum just to keep us together.  Commendable, but insane.  I bet NSider2 will look awesome once he's finished. :P

That would depend if you like the portal system or not.  The outset is going to look something similar to GaiaOnline but all in a line up down a middle collum(sp?).  It looks a lot better then it sounds.  There will be side bars that will relay important messages and such. 

EJ will be saving a LOT of money with this new set up.  Plus all the ads now help to pay for the site.  This site is paid for too but costs a lot less I believe.  I think that both have it's good and bad points.  Yet I haven't seen the Admin panel for this set up.

www.vortexshadow.com

JMV

Boyah Forums | Join Boyah

Kaz

Quote from: Makoto on October 30, 2007, 09:34:14 AM

It looks a lot better then it sounds. 

I sure hope so, because the last thing I want is to be reminded of Gaia.
Quote<+Mithos> My mom grounded me for being gay.

JMV

Quote from: Kazooie-Banjo on October 30, 2007, 09:37:01 AM

It looks a lot better then it sounds. 

I sure hope so, because the last thing I want is to be reminded of Gaia.
We should redesign our site to look like any of the chans.

Kita

There are enough threads being posted about Nsider2 and the issue.  But I'll repeat myself again.

EJ is working on the new portal layout which will save him money.  Also he is upgrading the server so all the information has to be transfered over.  I do not know when it will be back up, but your account and information will be intact. 

Please enjoy yourself here on NSF and do not spam or flame their users ^_^

Thank you

www.vortexshadow.com

JMV

Hey Makoto, is NS2 ever going to be mature and unblock our URL?

I can't even include a link in my sig, which you said we are allowed to do.   We allow links to NSider2 here but they don't allow ours.   It shows which administration team is more mature.

Kita

Quote from: JMV290 on October 30, 2007, 09:46:37 AM

I can't even include a link in my sig, which you said we are allowed to do.   We allow links to NSider2 here but they don't allow ours.   It shows which administration team is more mature.

I plan to unblock it once we are back up.  I just need to make sure that's okay with Raymond which I don't see him having an issue with since he changes our censors and made it so we can say everything but F*** and C***.

The only reason it was blocked in the first place is because the first week we opened there was spam left and right with the link here.  I doubt that will happen now.  Also I clicked your sig there and that's how I got here :P

www.vortexshadow.com

JMV

Quote from: Makoto on October 30, 2007, 09:49:24 AM

I plan to unblock it once we are back up.  I just need to make sure that's okay with Raymond which I don't see him having an issue with since he changes our censors and made it so we can say everything but F*** and C***.

The only reason it was blocked in the first place is because the first week we opened there was spam left and right with the link here.  I doubt that will happen now.  Also I clicked your sig there and that's how I got here :P
:O  I had to use tinyurl to do it.  :O

Kita

Quote from: JMV290 on October 30, 2007, 09:57:07 AM
Quote from: Makoto on October 30, 2007, 09:49:24 AM

:O  I had to use tinyurl to do it.  :O

:O!!! Well I'm lucky you're smart then XD Thanks for the link :P

www.vortexshadow.com

Bowser81889

That would depend if you like the portal system or not.  The outset is going to look something similar to GaiaOnline but all in a line up down a middle collum(sp?).  It looks a lot better then it sounds.  There will be side bars that will relay important messages and such. 

EJ will be saving a LOT of money with this new set up.  Plus all the ads now help to pay for the site.  This site is paid for too but costs a lot less I believe.  I think that both have it's good and bad points.  Yet I haven't seen the Admin panel for this set up.

Not sure what a portal system looks like, and I don't feel like joining Gaia to see what it looks like. :P  Hopefully it'll be as sleek and easy to access as NSider and NSider2 were.  Also...about profiles.  Would this new server allow us the same features as our profiles back on NSider2 did?  I particularly liked how we were able to view who had viewed our profiles, as well as the comments section.  If those came back, that'd be nice.  I just hope it keeps everything intact somehow, and that it feels like the forums we're used to.  Still, whatever we get I'll be happy with. :)  After all, EJ is nice enough to be footing the bill for all of this....which is seriously insane.

Silverhawk79

I personally hate the portal setup.
Then again, I'm the head admin of a rival site, so....:P

Kita

Quote from: Silverhawk79 on October 30, 2007, 11:35:00 AM

I'm not a huge fan of it, but it was either this or switch to something completely new.  I'm hoping that our ads and when we get the donation set up it we will make enough to go back to what we love.

At first I didn't really like this set up, but I got use to it.  It's just seems to jam packed since the categories aren't really divided.  Also the skin seems rather flat and basic.  Yet it's not really about the look.  I think it's the forum itself and the community.  So I could really careless where I'm at as long as I have my friends :P

www.vortexshadow.com

Silverhawk79

Quote from: Makoto on October 30, 2007, 11:43:58 AM
Quote from: Silverhawk79 on October 30, 2007, 11:35:00 AM

I'm not a huge fan of it, but it was either this or switch to something completely new.  I'm hoping that our ads and when we get the donation set up it we will make enough to go back to what we love.

At first I didn't really like this set up, but I got use to it.  It's just seems to jam packed since the categories aren't really divided.  Also the skin seems rather flat and basic.  Yet it's not really about the look.  I think it's the forum itself and the community.  So I could really careless where I'm at as long as I have my friends :P

There's always another skin you could use...:P
But I think we're working on another skin right now.