News:

<+Clu> have you tried barbecuing the computer

Main Menu

Did anything happen to Nsider2/What happened to Nsider2 anyways?

Started by prinny4, October 30, 2007, 03:32:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kita

Yeah I didn't really look around here yet.  Just joined and started posting LOL.  I'm really slow when it comes to looking at features.  When I registered on Nsider 4/2003 I didn't change or even look at the skins till come time the end of 2004 XD

Please come check out my forum for all your RPG gaming News and chat:

www.vortexshadow.com

Kengen

Right now it seems NSider2 is more active than this place, although it's still pretty nice here.

Pokesamrus

Quote from: Makoto on October 30, 2007, 09:49:24 AM
Quote from: JMV290 on October 30, 2007, 09:46:37 AM
Hey Makoto, is NS2 ever going to be mature and unblock our URL?

I can't even include a link in my sig, which you said we are allowed to do.   We allow links to NSider2 here but they don't allow ours.   It shows which administration team is more mature.

I plan to unblock it once we are back up.  I just need to make sure that's okay with Raymond which I don't see him having an issue with since he changes our censors and made it so we can say everything but F*** and C***.

The only reason it was blocked in the first place is because the first week we opened there was spam left and right with the link here.  I doubt that will happen now.  Also I clicked your sig there and that's how I got here :P
Second week, get your facts straight :| :P

Bowser81889

I'm not sure if people are aware of this by now, though they already may be.  However, just for those who aren't aware, I am posting this notice here directly from NSider2.  It is a notice by EJ letting everyone know of the temporary closure, and he also states when the forums should be back up (which is in bold print).  Here is what he had to say:

"NSider2 is currently moving to a new, fast server, this will take about 8 hours.

Really sorry for the no-notice notice, Nintendo NSider-style close surprise!

The move is necessary and we promise a much faster browsing experience at the new server.

We will return tomorrow Tuesday at 6:00 am PST."

Source Link: http://www.nsider2.com/forums/index.php?

Anyway, hope that clears up some things.  Just don't expect NSider2 to open up again sometime today.

That is all.

--Bowser

Quote from: Bowser81889 on October 30, 2007, 12:31:02 PM
I'm not sure if people are aware of this by now, though they already may be.  However, just for those who aren't aware, I am posting this notice here directly from NSider2.  It is a notice by EJ letting everyone know of the temporary closure, and he also states when the forums should be back up (which is in bold print).  Here is what he had to say:

"NSider2 is currently moving to a new, fast server, this will take about 8 hours.

Really sorry for the no-notice notice, Nintendo NSider-style close surprise!

The move is necessary and we promise a much faster browsing experience at the new server.

We will return tomorrow Tuesday at 6:00 am PST."

Source Link: http://www.nsider2.com/forums/index.php?

Anyway, hope that clears up some things.  Just don't expect NSider2 to open up again sometime today.

That is all.

--Bowser
That was posted last night though. So it's way overdo.
...̅̅̅

Kita

Please come check out my forum for all your RPG gaming News and chat:

www.vortexshadow.com

Bowser81889

Quote from: Makoto on October 30, 2007, 12:39:57 PM
Thank you Bowser for posting this ^_^

No problem. ;)

And to LiveOnTheEdge:  Hmm...interesting.  I didn't even notice that.  Still, you have to think about how much hard work EJ puts into the community and the site itself, so it may have taken him longer than expected.  Perhaps something went a bit awry and needed to be addressed.  That's always possible, and we have to remember that no one is perfect.  In due time, I'm sure EJ will have everything up and running. ;)

Until then, we'll just have to keep checking out the site for any updates.

Pokesamrus

Ej perma ban'd me. Actually, I'm not sure it was him. Mods can perma ban too.

It was Guardian of the master sword >.>

gbwyoshi

Maybe after this the 2 forums will get along now(you figure NSNET can get 4000 members now)

Pokesamrus

Quote from: gbwyoshi on October 30, 2007, 01:01:17 PM
Maybe after this the 2 forums will get along now(you figure NSNET can get 4000 members now)
They started it D: Really, I was at Nsider2. I know they did, all this place did was advertise on M_F forums at first. Then a sig advertisement, and noobs spammed each other (my only spam was at M_F the tard's forums.)

Bowser81889

It appears that a new update has come from EJ.  He has replaced "Tuesday" with "Wednesday" in his notice for temporarily closing the forums.  It's apparently still due to the "server transfer", so he must have underestimated the time it would take him.  Again, for the source, feel free to click here: http://www.nsider2.com/forums/index.php?showforum=11

NYY

Good.
Maybe I'll be able to browse around there without having to wait ten seconds for a page to load.

gildron

there is now also an "update progress tracker" on the main blog page.

So if you want to sit and continuously refresh for the next few hours, be my guest.

Bowser81889

Quote from: gildron on October 30, 2007, 01:23:07 PM
there is now also an "update progress tracker" on the main blog page.

So if you want to sit and continuously refresh for the next few hours, be my guest.

True...there is that way....

@prjuni: Or you could take the easy route and do that....;)  My recommendation.