News:

<+Clu> Silverhawk79 is just wrong for me

Main Menu

First Review - Tales of the Abyss

Started by Magnum, February 19, 2008, 10:12:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magnum

Hey, go easy on me as this is my first review ever in a game that is overlooked...
Tales of the Abyss

Storyline-The Storyline is amazing. With all the different elements they added, and a few twists here and there, it turned into an overall amazing story. There is just one problem, if you miss one sentence in the dialogue, you might be confused for the rest of the game. It is a bit complicated at points, and will leave you wondering what's going on.

4 / 5

Character-A very strange group of people in this one. A guy who is afraid of girls but likes them, a colonel who speaks for himself, and enemies that are actually really smart instead of "HOW DID YOU GET PAST MY KNIGHTS THAT YOU ALREADY DEFEATED BEFORE". The knights are actually quite hard if your not ready. Also, it is interesting to see the character grow throught the story line. In all, it's a cast you won't forget.

4 / 5

Graphics-It's o.k. not the best considering all the other games that came before it and had better graphics. Also, there wasn't many 'Scene' in the game, and the first one just made the game confusing for awhile. After that, none until you had everyone in your party. But when you did get one, it was quite good.

3.5 / 5

Music-I have Meaning of Birth stuck in my head for life. The battle music was great, and it changed after a certain point in the game, so you didn't have to listen to the same thing. It also changed for the world map. It had some happy tunes, and some sad. All in all, you will remember most of the songs.

4.5 / 5

Battles-An enourmous improvment compared to other games. Using the Fields of Fonon, controlling your other party members special, setting your people up to use the attacks and spells you want them to use, and most importantly, Free Run! Unlike other Tales games, you don't stay on a straight line, you can move where ever you want. This is definatly one of the best battle system ever made, if you  take everything else that came into effect while you fight.

5 / 5

Replay Factor-It's good for a least one or more replay. After you beat it, you can use the GRADE( A form of 'money' you could say ) to power up your people for the next playthrough. You can have 2X the experience, or half if your looking for a challenge. Also, you unlock the Unkown difficulty, which makes the first enemy a boss pretty much. Plus, you'll understand the story, so you can enjoy it, and say "now I get that", or find out something you missed.

4 / 5

Overall- 4 / 5
It's compicated at points and it doesn't have the best of graphics. That is the only thing wrong with this game really. If you have a PS2, and you see it around, it is a buy. Don't rent, buy

Oh Vesperia, never change... never change