Quote from: LinkXLR on January 30, 2008, 09:10:54 PM
Quote from: famy on January 30, 2008, 08:36:30 PM
is big willy unleashed a will smith game

...I'm not even gonna touch this one.

SteamID: Lazylen

Zovistograt

Perhaps a review would be better?

Like...one that says what it's about and stuff
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

Jono2

Quote from: Zovistograt on February 21, 2009, 11:35:07 PM
Perhaps a review would be better?

Like...one that says what it's about and stuff

i dont feel like writing a review D:

k, Plot Synopsis:

Set in India, a man has made it to the final question of "Who Wants to be a Millionaire?".  The timer goes, and the show is to conclude the next day.

The man is taken in for interrogation, as there is no way that he, a slumdog, could have made it all the way to the final question without cheating.  Thus begins his story of how he knew the answers to all of the questions that were asked.  The story is told mostly through flashbacks.

Most of the flashbacks revolve around the main character, Jamal Malik, and his brother, Salim, and their struggles to survive as impoverished children in India.  At one point, Jamal meets Latika, his love (it is mutual, btw :P), but they are separated at nearly every turn.  In the end, the real reason for his going on the game show is discovered (and it is not about the money).

It's difficult to explain without spoiling, so I'll leave it at that.

oh, and the music was amazing and fit with the movie so well.

Quote from: LinkXLR on January 30, 2008, 09:10:54 PM
Quote from: famy on January 30, 2008, 08:36:30 PM
is big willy unleashed a will smith game

...I'm not even gonna touch this one.

SteamID: Lazylen

Light

Sorry, but I must disagree with your statement. Although Slumdog Millionaire was certainly a decent film, and provided a shocking and interesting look at the slums in India, it does not deserve praise as the best movie of the year.

The acting is good, the plot is well thought out, but the overall construction and fluidity of the movie did not put it on the top of my list for 2008. I definitely enjoyed films such as The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, Frost/Nixon, and WALL-E much more than I did Slumdog Millionaire. The only reason Slumdog won so many awards was because of popularity.

To put it in one sentence, I thought that Slumdog Millionaire was good... just not THAT good.
Holy crap all my sigs were always poop. Best leave this space alone.