News:

<+Clu> have you tried barbecuing the computer

Main Menu

Favorite boss battle in any RPG?

Started by Fell, December 29, 2007, 08:08:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fell

Mine would have to be the battle against Shadra in Magical Starsign.

She was so hard.......And when I beat her........I felt empowered.  :)

Spongebob does not approve

Rius

I have so many... Mithos from ToD, Ramirez from SoA, Demyx from KHII...

My least favorite, however, is no doubt the *shudder* Holoholo Bird from Baten Kaitos Origins. I went and bought a bucket of fried chicken in revenge.

Fell

Quote from: NINNIN6 on December 29, 2007, 09:38:22 AM
I have so many... Mithos from ToD, Ramirez from SoA, Demyx from KHII...

My least favorite, however, is no doubt the *shudder* Holoholo Bird from Baten Kaitos Origins. I went and bought a bucket of fried chicken in revenge.

Lol!

XD

Triforce_Luigi

The second Axel fight in KH2. It was easy, but it looked awesome.

Pikagirl_777

Hm...

Final Battle in Final Fantasy IV. Hard Battle (For me), awesome music too.
Vampire Evil King in Okage Shadow King (Same reasons as above)
Any Popple Battle in Mario and Luigi Super Star Saga. Popple was my favorite charater in that game (Along with Fawful. I just wish you got to battle him more.)

.:DL:.

-Galcian from SoA.
-The first bowser fight in Super Mario RPG.
-Any of the umbra fights (except for the Veinroots one) in Baten Kaitos Origins.
-Bonetail in PMTTYD
-The boss you fight the first time at the water seal place. (forgot name of boss and place :-[) in ToS.

I know there are more, but I can't remember now.  I might edit them in later.

BTW,  one boss I have to mention is the Holoholo bird in BKO.  I seriously hate that boss with all my rage.  Those stupid chicks tick me off everytime... >:(

Rius

Quote from: darklink140 on December 29, 2007, 10:13:16 PM
-Galcian from SoA.
-Any of the umbra fights (except for the Veinroots one) in Baten Kaitos Origins.
-Bonetail in PMTTYD
-The boss you fight the first time at the water seal place. (forgot name of boss and place :-[) in ToS.

BTW,  one boss I have to mention is the Holoholo bird in BKO.  I seriously hate that boss with all my rage.  Those stupid chicks tick me off everytime... >:(
Galcian is a good boss, but Ramirez's Silver Eclipse just owns everything. XD

I can never remember the Water guardian from ToS... I remember Kugtchach(sp?), Iapyx, and Iubaris, but never that one. :P

BOREDFOREVER

The Wizards around the treasure box in the Marsh Cave in FFI.

First of all, you have to fight tooth and nail to make it through the cave unless you've done some serious leveling up.  When you finally get there, you have to fight between 3 and 5 of the most powerful enemies in the dungeon. 

.:DL:.

Quote from: NINNIN6 on December 29, 2007, 11:05:08 PM
-Galcian from SoA.
-Bonetail in PMTTYD

I can never remember the Water guardian from ToS... I remember Kugtchach(sp?), Iapyx, and Iubaris, but never that one. :P

Eh, I didn't like Ramirez that much, he was annoying.  But his Silver Binds move owned all. :O 

Galcian's Terminal was awesome!

Rius

Quote from: darklink140 on December 29, 2007, 11:57:01 PM
Quote from: NINNIN6 on December 29, 2007, 11:05:08 PM
-Galcian from SoA.
-Bonetail in PMTTYD

Eh, I didn't like Ramirez that much, he was annoying.  But his Silver Binds move owned all. :O 

Galcian's Terminal was awesome!
Annoying is good. Besides, Galcian didn't have any awesome catchphrases, but Ramirez had several. :P Terminal was a good move, but it didn't stop time. :(

What did you think of Zelos?

B9M

Dullahan, from Golden Sun: The Lost Age, since it took so long to beat him. Once I finally did, it was a relief :P  :D.

Sky_Dragon

Barbury from Breath of Fire: II, especially when you do one on one with Ryu. Though I'm probably just biased towards that since it was one of my first RPGs. :P

Allegretto

Mine would be Fredrick in Eternal Sonata, spoilors there if you havent beaten the game, but he's so hard and has 4.5million hp ::)

Helios

The Master (Fallout)

The Master is the main antagonist and boss in the original Fallout computer game. He is a hideous mutated creature composed of several other creatures and electronic parts, all apparently melded together. Apart from his appearance, one of his most notable features is his unique way of speaking. His voice is computer-generated and sentences are composed, apparently in real-time, from samples of several people's speech. The Master's three "male" voices were provided by Jim Cummings, and his "female" voice was provided by Kath Soucie

Such an excellent boss, simply because of the multiple ways you can go about beating him. It's possible to go in guns blazing, but he'll simply call upon two Gattling Laser turrets to blast you apart. An incredibly hard fight, but dang did I feel good after pulling off such a near-impossible task.

Of course, you can also find a datadisk that contains information about a serious flaw in The Master's plan; so serious that revealing this flaw to The Master causes him to realize how foolish and murderous he has been and he decides to commit suicide.

Or, one could simply bypass the encounter with The Master and manually set off a nuclear device, blowing him and his entire base of operations to pieces.

When you first meet The Master, he gives you the chance to join his cause. It's very possible to take him up on his offer, causing you to become a super mutant and his right-hand man.

The Master's abilities are pretty cool, too. The Master has extremely powerful psionic abilities, able to project extremely vivid hallucinations that easily break the mind of any enemy without some form of mental protection. Besides his psionic abilities, the Master also has incredible natural charisma, having rallied an army of cultishly devoted human and super-mutant followers around him.

The Master is also very hard to kill through combat, due to the Master's bio-electrical integration with the Cathedral Vault's Overseer Chair, giving him access to its twin gatling lasers, providing the Master with devastating fire-power. The Master is also quite tough, he has 500 hit points, can attack twice per round, and is protected by an almost constantly respawning supply of super-mutant bodyguards.

Fell

Sounds......tough.....and.....creepy. O_o