Main Menu

Can somebody try this out.

Started by Shujinco2, December 19, 2007, 05:52:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shujinco2

Quote from: Dawei on December 19, 2007, 07:09:44 PM
Quote from: Shujinco on December 19, 2007, 06:31:06 PM
Quote from: Dawei on December 19, 2007, 06:25:35 PM
Maybe I should have included the entire guide, and not just the DI part :P If I need to I will though.

Anyway, a tech is basically pressing L or R 20 frames before you hit the ground. If you hit L/R (I will say L as that is what I use) before you hit the ground, but no direction, you will do a standing tech, where you instantly stand up with no lag (you also have a few invincibility frames if I remember correctly). Now, if you press L and hold the control stick left or right, you will do a rolling tech, in which you will do something much like the shield-roll, though without the lag.
    If you want to tech though, you can't just mash the L button. The tech input is "set" in the game for 20 frames, but once those 20 frames are up, you have to wait a entire 40 frames (for those of you who don't know, A frame is 1/60 of a second) before you can tech again.
      There are other types of techs, celling techs and wall techs, which are done the same way as a tech on the ground, though they stop all momentum right there, so you will fall down (unless you walltech>walljump).
That sounds VERY useful!

If I were to get hit in a techable situation, exactly WHERE should press L?
It doesn't matter where you press L, it just has to be within 20 seconds of hitting the ground/wall/celling.
0_o

20 seconds is a VERY big time zone!

You sure you don't mean frames?

Dawei

Quote from: Shujinco on December 19, 2007, 07:39:20 PM
Maybe I should have included the entire guide, and not just the DI part :P If I need to I will though.

Anyway, a tech is basically pressing L or R 20 frames before you hit the ground. If you hit L/R (I will say L as that is what I use) before you hit the ground, but no direction, you will do a standing tech, where you instantly stand up with no lag (you also have a few invincibility frames if I remember correctly). Now, if you press L and hold the control stick left or right, you will do a rolling tech, in which you will do something much like the shield-roll, though without the lag.
    If you want to tech though, you can't just mash the L button. The tech input is "set" in the game for 20 frames, but once those 20 frames are up, you have to wait a entire 40 frames (for those of you who don't know, A frame is 1/60 of a second) before you can tech again.
      There are other types of techs, celling techs and wall techs, which are done the same way as a tech on the ground, though they stop all momentum right there, so you will fall down (unless you walltech>walljump).
That sounds VERY useful!

It doesn't matter where you press L, it just has to be within 20 frames of hitting the ground/wall/celling.
0_o

Whoops, yeah. :P Thanks for pointing that out.

Shujinco2

Quote from: Dawei on December 19, 2007, 07:43:55 PM
Quote from: Shujinco on December 19, 2007, 07:39:20 PM

That sounds VERY useful!

It doesn't matter where you press L, it just has to be within 20 frames of hitting the ground/wall/celling.
0_o

Whoops, yeah. :P Thanks for pointing that out.
No prob!

Man, it's just so cool knowing all these advanced techniques! :)

Nw, I must go out and perfect them!

Smashchu

Quote from: Dawei on December 19, 2007, 05:55:11 PM
After being hit by an attack, you suffer from 3-8 frames of lag before being sent flying. The only thing you can do during those frames is Smash DI.
Yeah, he pretty much got it. After an attack, you are immobilized, and can't do anything. Since the Home-run bat sends you so fast, you wont be able to recover to do the attack.

Of course, if something else interupts you as you fly, you'll live. But, it needs to be something that hits you in the opposite dirrection (something else like a basic A would just change the trajectory, but you'll still die) or a move like Falcon's Up B, or Kirby's B.

tollhouse2006

My head hurts from reading so much of Dawei's posts.  :P
Friend Code: 2622-1690-4267  Finally have wifi

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: tollhouse2006 on December 20, 2007, 01:59:11 PM
He always do that! Warning: My senses indicates me Dawei is going to reply this message with a long post. ;D

Dawei

Quote from: wiiboychris on December 20, 2007, 03:38:05 PM
He always do that! Warning: My senses indicates me Dawei is going to reply this message with a long post. ;D
I like to reply with long posts because it's a great way to spite people who want to know what I have to say, but don't want to read everything I write. Though, as it turns out, most people are more interested in what I have to say then the fact that it is a mini textwall. It is also a lot easier to explain everything with a lot of text, as you can get in more detail. Unless you are dealing with people who need everything simple. Like Hitler said, "The masses will only remember only the simplest ideas repeated a thousand times over. If I approach the masses with reasoned arguments, they will not understand me." No matter how right that is though, I can't help but make long responses. It probably comes back to my enjoyment of spite.

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Dawei on December 20, 2007, 03:45:10 PM
Quote from: wiiboychris on December 20, 2007, 03:38:05 PM
I like to reply with long posts because it's a great way to spite people who want to know what I have to say, but don't want to read everything I write. Though, as it turns out, most people are more interested in what I have to say then the fact that it is a mini textwall. It is also a lot easier to explain everything with a lot of text, as you can get in more detail. Unless you are dealing with people who need everything simple. Like Hitler said, "The masses will only remember only the simplest ideas repeated a thousand times over. If I approach the masses with reasoned arguments, they will not understand me." No matter how right that is though, I can't help but make long responses. It probably comes back to my enjoyment of spite.
SEE?! :D