News:

<+Clu> have you tried barbecuing the computer

Main Menu

WiiConnect24?

Started by Kayo, November 14, 2007, 02:10:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

7Deadly$ins

It sounds a little bit like what happened with me for the longest time. My DS connected to the internet perfectly, but my Wi couldn't. For me, this turned out to be a simple fix. Do you know how to change the channel on your router? That might help a lot, the reccommend channels are 1 and 11.
http://z6.invisionfree.com/BatenKaitos

The biggest Baten Kaitos forum in existence; join today~!

Kayo

how do i do that? ???

i used to know a long time ago, but i forgot exactly how cuz i never had to do it! :D
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

7Deadly$ins

This is where my knowledge starts slowing down. xD

I think it's different for differnt routers, what's your model number?

Nuke

Quote from: DistantWords on November 15, 2007, 02:50:26 PM
Well, again, WiiConnect24 does not recieve updates.  You have to manually check for updates when you have the Wii turned on.
Not really, nintendo sends the updates if you have on wiiconnect24 and you will then choose if you want to update or not...... Its not always manually :|

Kayo

wait modem number? i dont do those things anymore... :D
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

7Deadly$ins

Quote from: ULTIMATEKAOS on December 10, 2007, 01:55:13 PM
Not modem -- model. On your router.

Kayo

Quote from: 7Deadly$ins on December 10, 2007, 02:01:14 PM
Quote from: ULTIMATEKAOS on December 10, 2007, 01:55:13 PM
Not modem -- model. On your router.
i ment model...typo :-\

wait i dont see it...
[move][/move]

DistantWords

I'm a bit afraid to give too much help here, since I don't know how old you are and more importantly, who is in charge of the computer/network related stuff.

But many routers are configured through your web browser.  Type in the following IP address into your browser address bar:

There may be a login, in which case you'll have to refer to either the manual, or whoever set up the router to begin with.

Somewhere there may be something called "Wireless Settings" or "Wireless Network" or simply "Wireless".

When editing those settings, there will be a space for "Channel" which will probably have a drop down menu with the numbers 1-11.

I chose 9 after having just as many problems with 1 and 11.  6 is generally the default.

Another thing that can trip up the Wii's ability to connect is the SSID (the name of your wireless network).  If it's something like "default" or something like that, it might cause problems.  Especially if there are other wireless signals close enough for your Wii to detect that have the same name.

KEEP IN MIND however, if you change the SSID for the router, you'll have to update ANY wireless device that connects to your wireless network.

If you are a minor and your parents are the ones that set this up, you really REALLY should get their help before doing anything yourself.  Otherwise you could make things worse...
Looking for any old friends from Nsider.  If you remember me, let me know!

Brand new AC:WW town created. PM me for FC info.

Kayo

well, i realized that i was missing a LAN connector. i dont need this anymore. :O
[move][/move]