News:

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

Main Menu

Couple of questions...

Started by Shujinco2, December 20, 2007, 09:38:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shujinco2

1. Can you cancel Jigglypuff's Rollout move right in the middle of it or while your rolling?

2. Is using Sing with jigglypuff effective in preventing juggling?

3. Is it a good idea to use Ness' PK Thunder and launch yourself while standing on the ground?

4. What is more effective: Charging up smash moves like normal or quickly pulling of a smash move with the C-stick?

5. What is the best point of attack for Link in Battlefield stage?

6. What is the best point of attack for Y. Link in the battlefield stage?

And that's about all I really need to know.

Dawei

Unforunately, I can only answer one question of yours for sure.

It is more effective to use the c-stick for smashes from my experience. Unless you are playing a computer, or you can read the other persons mind, it's bad to charge as they can wait once you start charging, and then punish your lag.

Shujinco2

Quote from: Dawei on December 20, 2007, 09:41:07 PM

It is more effective to use the c-stick for smashes from my experience. Unless you are playing a computer, or you can read the other persons mind, it's bad to charge as they can wait once you start charging, and then punish your lag.

In that case...

Is there a way to smash cancel? You know, cancel your smash atack?

Dawei

Quote from: Shujinco on December 20, 2007, 09:44:39 PM

In that case...

Sadly, no. If there was, that would add a poop load of stuff to mind games.

Shujinco2

Quote from: Dawei on December 20, 2007, 09:47:48 PM

In that case...

Sadly, no. If there was, that would add a s*** load of stuff to mind games.
Well, regardless, I'll still try!

There must be a way SOMEHOW, right! I mean it's a game! It has loop holes!

Dawei

Quote from: Shujinco on December 20, 2007, 09:54:44 PM

In that case...

Even so, as of now, there is little left to be discovered. I highly doubt there is smash-canceling hidden in the game.

Not to mean you shouldn't try though. There could very well be.

Shujinco2

Quote from: Dawei on December 20, 2007, 10:01:36 PM
Quote from: Shujinco on December 20, 2007, 09:54:44 PM

In that case...

Even so, as of now, there is little left to be discovered. I highly doubt there is smash-canceling hidden in the game.

Not to mean you shouldn't try though. There could very well be.
First I'll see what Kirby's Rock move can do, then I think I'll see if I can air dodge while doing Ganondorf's Up+A smash, then I'll see what happens when the bomb goes "KABLOOIE!" in your hand while Using a Link smash.

IDK though! There are so many possibilities! I don't know what to try first! ;D

tollhouse2006

Quote from: Shujinco on December 20, 2007, 09:38:00 PM
1. Can you cancel Jigglypuff's Rollout move right in the middle of it or while your rolling?

2. Is using Sing with jigglypuff effective in preventing juggling?

3. Is it a good idea to use Ness' PK Thunder and launch yourself while standing on the ground?

4. What is more effective: Charging up smash moves like normal or quickly pulling of a smash move with the C-stick?

5. What is the best point of attack for Link in Battlefield stage?

6. What is the best point of attack for Y. Link in the battlefield stage?

And that's about all I really need to know.
1.  You can only cancel it while your rolling when you hit a wall or some kind of surface.  Also enemies can attack you and it will be canceled out.

2. Her singing moves has to be up close for it to work.  By juggling I guess you mean grabbing.  I'd use a roll dodge to prevent grabbing and then come up with a surprise attack. 

3. Ness' PK thunder is unnecessary to use on yourself unless for recovery purposes.  You leave yourself vulnerable when using it while standing on the stage, but I belive if you use it on yourself and you hit an enemy it causes a lot more damage than the PK thunder alone.

4.  The C-Stick is more affective.  You can use it if you want to be cheap.  My brother uses Falco with the C-stick for smashes.  His side smash let's him walk across the stage hitting a helpless enemy with each kick.  It's very annoying and it could cause people to yell at you for it.  But thats mostly for fighters like Marth, Roy, Fox, Falco, and Bowser.  The others are okay but don't go crazy with it.

5. & 6.  Not sure.  It's instinct. 
Friend Code: 2622-1690-4267  Finally have wifi