News:

<Clu> no nsfcd is basically a ghost town, it should be killed behind fences

Main Menu

Marth and Roy might not be in Brawl.

Started by Daft Pink, January 19, 2008, 08:42:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dei Enyt

Whether they are or not, I wouldn't base it on it unless an official source (such as that magazine) clearly states "They aren't returning" with undeniable proof.

I take words very literally most of the time, and there's nothing in that article that jumps out to me as "say bye-bye to the three of them".

Neerb

Quote from: Dei Enyt on January 20, 2008, 06:23:12 PM
Whether they are or not, I wouldn't base it on it unless an official source (such as that magazine) clearly states "They aren't returning" with undeniable proof.

I take words very literally most of the time, and there's nothing in that article that jumps out to me as "say bye-bye to the three of them".

For now, you should only believe the Dojo and special videos like on IGN.  I wouldn't trust anything else.

Neerb

But I still think, as in, before I even knew about this article, that Ness is out.

thunderhero4

Quote from: Smash Bro 25 on January 20, 2008, 07:17:07 PM
But I still think, as in, before I even knew about this article, that Ness is out.
Same here...along with Pichu, Falco, Dr. Mario, Young Link, Roy, and Marth...

Neerb

Quote from: thunderhero4 on January 20, 2008, 07:20:17 PM

Okay, i'm with you on Pichu, Dr. Mario, Roy, and Marth.  And I suppose different people can have their own opinions on Young Link.  But if you think Falco is getting kicked out, you're insane:  he's been the second most important Star Fox character since Star Fox began!!!  And they CAN declone him; in fact, here's a moveset for him right now!

Standard= Gatling Gun= hold B to shoot very rapidly, but it overheats after 3 seconds
Up= Jet Boots= similar to Diddy's Up B, but they can't be knocked off and he goes higher
Side= Sniper Rifle= a powerful, quick shot; takes one second to recover after shooting
Down= Sensor Bomb= plants a bomb that makes a large explosion when touched; can only have one on the field at a time
Final Smash= Arwing= Falco hops into an Arwing and flies towards the screen; a crosshair then appears as if Falco is watching from the Arwing, allowing the player to shoot powerful lasers at opponents for 5 seconds

All of those moves except Jet Boots were in Star Fox Assault, so it's extremely possible.  And sure, Jet Boots aren't in any Star Fox games.  But then again, Fox's Fire Fox and Fox Illusion aren't in the games either!  AND, his reflector wasn't put in the games until AFTER he already had it in SSB64 and Melee.

thunderhero4

Quote from: Smash Bro 25 on January 20, 2008, 07:26:05 PM
Quote from: thunderhero4 on January 20, 2008, 07:20:17 PM

Okay, i'm with you on Pichu, Dr. Mario, Roy, and Marth.  And I suppose different people can have their own opinions on Young Link.  But if you think Falco is getting kicked out, you're insane:  he's been the second most important Star Fox character since Star Fox began!!!  And they CAN declone him; in fact, here's a moveset for him right now!

Standard= Gatling Gun= hold B to shoot very rapidly, but it overheats after 3 seconds
Up= Jet Boots= similar to Diddy's Up B, but they can't be knocked off and he goes higher
Side= Sniper Rifle= a powerful, quick shot; takes one second to recover after shooting
Down= Sensor Bomb= plants a bomb that makes a large explosion when touched; can only have one on the field at a time
Final Smash= Arwing= Falco hops into an Arwing and flies towards the screen; a crosshair then appears as if Falco is watching from the Arwing, allowing the player to shoot powerful lasers at opponents for 5 seconds

All of those moves except Jet Boots were in Star Fox Assault, so it's extremely possible.  And sure, Jet Boots aren't in any Star Fox games.  But then again, Fox's Fire Fox and Fox Illusion aren't in the games either!  AND, his reflector wasn't put in the games until AFTER he already had it in SSB64 and Melee.
Well, ya! I meant I thought that because he was a clone of fox! :P ;)

tollhouse2006

Quote from: RedSox on January 20, 2008, 05:48:20 PM
Quote from: Mystic Swampert on January 20, 2008, 05:15:21 PM
M&R are predecessors in the fact that they came before Ike. Doesn't mean they're gone though. Although, I don't mind much, since I never used Roy. I liked Marth though, but it's ok.

Ness sucked, 100%, in my opinion, so good riddance.
He was the best in SSB64.
It doesn't sound like you know how to use him.  He's pretty good in but not as good as 64.  You can come up with good combos with him in melee that are affective.
Friend Code: 2622-1690-4267  Finally have wifi

Michael227

Quote from: tollhouse2006 on January 20, 2008, 07:37:38 PM
M&R are predecessors in the fact that they came before Ike. Doesn't mean they're gone though. Although, I don't mind much, since I never used Roy. I liked Marth though, but it's ok.

It doesn't sound like you know how to use him.  He's pretty good in but not as good as 64.  You can come up with good combos with him in melee that are affective.
i have nightmares of ness  :( i used to play smash 64 online and all the ness pros owned me

thunderhero4

Quote from: Michael227 on January 20, 2008, 07:45:51 PM

i have nightmares of ness  :( i used to play smash 64 online and all the ness pros owned me
online? :-\

tollhouse2006

How's tha
Quote from: thunderhero4 on January 20, 2008, 07:52:04 PM
Quote from: Michael227 on January 20, 2008, 07:45:51 PM

online? :-\
How's that possible?  ????
Friend Code: 2622-1690-4267  Finally have wifi