News:

<+Ice> i have a dildo factory line run by old women in my garage

Main Menu

i failed my algebra 2 test

Started by Emma Watson, February 02, 2008, 06:52:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaz

Despite the fact that I generally hate math classes, I kept a steady A in both Algebra classes and passed all my tests in them. Same goes for Geometry.

In Trig, I got a B because the amount of missing assignments I just never turned in was astounding.

In AP Calc, I got a B- because it was just plain hard and once again I had a large number of missing assignments. I got a 4 on the AP exam though, so I never have to take another math class again.
Quote<+Mithos> My mom grounded me for being gay.

Anarchy_Jas

Quote from: WaterGod on February 02, 2008, 08:06:24 PM
who else hate geometric proofs!? I see no point in it. D:

*Raises hands* I will NEVER do those again, or take Math after my Junior year...

<DAC ~ <BCA --> // cut by transversal, then Alt. Ext. <s ~

Logical reasoning my ass.
"I know they hope I fall, but tell 'em winning is my muthaeffin protocol."

Water ☮

Quote from: Sh0rTi on February 02, 2008, 08:31:28 PM
Quote from: WaterGod on February 02, 2008, 08:06:24 PM
who else hate geometric proofs!? I see no point in it. D:

*Raises hands* I will NEVER do those again, or take Math after my Junior year...

<DAC ~ <BCA --> // cut by transversal, then Alt. Ext. <s ~

Logical reasoning my ass.
lol postulates.

britneymahboy

Quote from: Miiman56 on February 02, 2008, 08:21:17 PM
I take algebra 1 and when i see half of it i yell WHAT THE HELLO KITTY?!?
Algebra 2 must be torture.
Algebra 1 is a joke compared to Algebra 2 in my opinion.
NAMBLA

Silverhawk79

That's pretty pathetic.
lrn2study

David2314

not famy

lol ur school average is 69 rofl

uh i failed the first semester of algebra II so ill have to retake it next year lol

i have an f right now but im gonna raise it up so i'll only have to take one repeat semester next year lol

PsychoYoshi

Math is one of those subjects where it's imperative that you're either brilliant or you have an exceptionally good teacher.

Calculus was a nightmare for me on my first pass...I finished AP Calc AB with a C-. The curriculum that the College Board set up for the AP Calc program is ridiculous and nothing like the way that they teach it at my college. Now that I've actually had two terms of good professors, I'm getting an A in it.

So, two trinkets of advice:
1) Unless you're a masochist, hold off on calculus until college and get a better grounding in algebra, trigonometry and (less importantly) analytic geometry.

2) It's one of those classes that's totally unlike what you've been taught before. If you don't get it on your first pass, chances are it'll be easier on the second. Don't feel afraid to drop if things are looking extremely bleak.

Pikagirl_777

Ouch. Is Algerbra 2 really hard? I'm taking that class next year. V_V

I'm doing good in my Math class right now though. Had an A in the class, got a B on Finals, so I dropped to a B, but oh well.

Smashin

Quote from: Miiman56 on February 02, 2008, 08:21:17 PM
I take algebra 1 and when i see half of it i yell WHAT THE HELLO KITTY?!?
Algebra 2 must be torture.

Algebra I is some simple stuff. So lol2u.

Lotos

Quote from: Zovistograt on February 02, 2008, 07:41:38 PM
Your school average is WHAT

wow...yeah, I never even took Algebra olol.  I went right into Math A Honors in 8th grade, and I finished Math B the last year it existed before the system reverted back to Algebra and Geometry.  Crazy NY state.

So THAT'S what's after Math B.  I'm taking that this year.

Hi

What was it on?
I'm taking regular calculus right now; it is just basic differentiation and integration. :o

HoganM

I'm in Algebraic Geometry poop like Surface Area of a cylinder now, i'm getting 90's on all my tests.
Math is one of my better subjects.

supermario156

Quote from: Blaziken on February 02, 2008, 06:55:03 PM
I am. Any math after Algebra 1 is pure s***.

Hell, Algebra 1 is mostly s*** in itself.

im takin prealgebra im takin algebra 1 next year. gawd im gonna hate highskool probably.

extraz

Algebra is useless anyway, a huge percentage of people will never use it in their life.