News:

<+Clu> Silverhawk79 is just wrong for me

Main Menu

Im no longer intercourse ed ^_^

Started by L10, February 04, 2008, 01:37:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

L10

Ok in my first period class all we use is computers, we use something called CAD, so i cant pass without being able to use a computer and of course my school uses windows(XP). Today i went to log on and as soon as i got logged on the computer restart(they sometimes do that and no one know why) so i let it boot and go to log on again, then we go to our desks as i log on to learn the new lesson(blablablabla) then we go back to the computers im not logged in. So i think to myself"well these computers suck maybe its just taking a long time."So i wait like 10 minutes before decideing its stuck, i take a mental note that it is stuck on "Loading Windows Updates" so i hit the power button it shuts down by itself.I turn the computer back on and i log on and everything loads and then it gets to loading personal settings(same window as the loading update thingy) so im waiting and in about a minute the "Loading personal settings" stopped responding...I turn off the computer and went to another one.....same thing......another computer....same thing....

What do i do. I cant log on anywhere in school and the class is all about learning how to use this program CAD(which is $1,000 might i add so i can like do it home)....im going to have to go spend a poop load of time complaining to the administration and to convince them i didn't do anything and they will probably look in my activity(they record EVERYTHING(i stress the everything, every click, key you push) and see that i have come here and take my internet privileges that i need for other classes.....
   another nail in the coffin for Microsoft in my eyes, and please tell me how it wouldn't be Microsoft's falt for a poopty update(there are like 1.....2....no 3 computers that have a problem with windows and cant boot at all now too) and to add to all that the computers at the middle school cant log off because explorer.exe crashes as you log off(herd that from kilroy)AND my explorer.exe crashes at random times....and therefor i use linux which has yet to give me a problem

This has turned into a class problem to a "I HATE MICROSOFT" thread i know but my main concern is my school problem...i dont want to have to ninny to the administration about me not being able to log on.....

help?
0o!f

Cecil_and_Kain

I hate Apple. You must not know how to use a windows.

L10

Quote from: Cecil_and_Kain on February 04, 2008, 01:40:56 PM
That would be incorrect, i too hate apple though, there for im left with a well working linux Ubuntu 7.10
0o!f

Cecil_and_Kain

Quote from: Lichig0 on February 04, 2008, 02:01:25 PM
That would be incorrect, i too hate apple though, there for im left with a well working linux Ubuntu 7.10
You don't deserve to use a computer.

L10

Quote from: Cecil_and_Kain on February 04, 2008, 02:02:19 PM
Quote from: Lichig0 on February 04, 2008, 02:01:25 PM
You don't deserve to use a computer.
why not.
0o!f

Friendly Hostile

Report the problem to one of the computer techs and they should be able to fix it.
On a side note, CAD was one of the easiest classes I've ever taken.

WiinolikePS3

You aren't truly intercourse ed until you get your grade dropped 50% for a missing assignment.

L10

Quote from: Friendly Hostile on February 04, 2008, 03:24:15 PM
Report the problem to one of the computer techs and they should be able to fix it.
CAD is easy thats why i dont want to fail it because it'll make me look stupid, and i might have not stated this im not sure....they'll probably look into my activity and take away my internet.....but i may have to do that.....lemme see if i can get on tomorrow.
0o!f

Friendly Hostile

Quote from: Lichig0 on February 04, 2008, 03:32:01 PM
CAD is easy thats why i dont want to fail it because it'll make me look stupid, and i might have not stated this im not sure....they'll probably look into my activity and take away my internet.....but i may have to do that.....lemme see if i can get on tomorrow.
Better to loose internet and pass your class then to not have internet and fail the class too.
Though I doubt they'll look into it.

L10

Quote from: Friendly Hostile on February 04, 2008, 06:01:45 PM
Better to loose internet and pass your class then to not have internet and fail the class too.
True, but some classes use online recourses and there is a good chance they check, they probably want to know why i cant get on, that or my teacher will let me use his computer/account.....idk i hope i can just go to school tomorrow and be able to log on, but i dont think that'll happen
0o!f

DRIFTYOSHIZERO11

Quote from: Lichig0 on February 04, 2008, 07:12:38 PM
Quote from: Friendly Hostile on February 04, 2008, 06:01:45 PM
True, but some classes use online recourses and there is a good chance they check, they probably want to know why i cant get on, that or my teacher will let me use his computer/account.....idk i hope i can just go to school tomorrow and be able to log on, but i dont think that'll happen

My school has a similar problem with laptops. At my school, each student has their own laptop for work and we can also take it home and do what ever with it. It sounded cool at first until the tech peple refuse to do anything to fix the computers. They don't evn bother to update the anti virus, and we have no permission to install one if knew how. The thing is, we have to use for all classes and I tell you, having to deal with a crap system and trying to get through the whole school day, doesn't mix.
YOU DON'T MESS WITH THAT!!!!

major tom

Damn whippersnappers! Back in my day, we had to walk five miles in the snow just to tell our grandkids about walking five miles in the snow!

L10

ok I was able to get on, BUT i was talking with my friend and he has a club in the same room after school and he said he had the same problem....
0o!f

extraz

I feel your pain....if my wireless adapter and my printer worked with Linux I would switch....

It should be fun...I have discs for Ubuntu, Kubuntu, and Solaris....