News:

<+Clu> im 100% nigga

Main Menu

RP Launch pad thread!

Started by NJNETSFAN15, September 29, 2007, 01:33:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Macawmoses

let's see how well this does, shall we?
I like this concept but believe there needs to be more to it...but this works :D

Macawmoses

Quote from: mackormoses on October 13, 2007, 04:46:20 PM
let's see how well this does, shall we?
I like this concept but believe there needs to be more to it...but this works :D

Marluxia and I discussed it....this will stay floated

FearItself

Does anyone think I should start another thread for my Pokemon roleplay? It's a pretty hefty bunch of posts, really, and it might intimidate those that still want to join. But I like the intimidation, in an aspect, because that's what makes it the biggest roleplay there.

Transient Link

Quote from: FearItself on October 14, 2007, 10:58:48 AM
Does anyone think I should start another thread for my Pokemon roleplay? It's a pretty hefty bunch of posts, really, and it might intimidate those that still want to join. But I like the intimidation, in an aspect, because that's what makes it the biggest roleplay there.
Your thread, your call. I'll help whatever way I can.

FearItself

Quote from: MARLUXIA on October 14, 2007, 11:01:36 AM
I know you said I should, just because of the intimidation factor. But I like it being the biggest roleplay there. xP

Transient Link

Quote from: FearItself on October 14, 2007, 11:06:17 AM
Quote from: MARLUXIA on October 14, 2007, 11:01:36 AM
I know you said I should, just because of the intimidation factor. But I like it being the biggest roleplay there. xP
Thats my opinion as an rper. As a mod its your call and not my place to recommend.

Joeofmars

I'd say yes,just because I want more people to join.And because people who already joined might not want to read all of those posts they missed.

I say start another thread,and be clear on some new rules.

NO STARTING TO RP WITH NO PERMISION!

But hey...it's your call.

gamemasterdevil

I'm thinkin' of making a big FE Adventure RP. Would anyone be interested in joining?
Heya. If y'know me, send me a PM. It'd be nice t'see some old friends around here...

Joeofmars

Quote from: gamemasterdevil on October 14, 2007, 11:48:03 AM
I'm thinkin' of making a big FE Adventure RP. Would anyone be interested in joining?

If the story was decent and you made good rules.

gamemasterdevil

Nxod kxo valo semo kewokxoh, kxo xehct jxucc odt... - Argul. 1:2 Narxus

Under the mystery lies an inescapable fate; the fate of 5 children who were fated to resurrect the legendary jewel...

..The Fire Emblem, a jewel that all seek. Whether it is the selfish mercenary, the noble knight, or the coward who fears death...they all sought it for the jewel was rumored to possess unlimited power and would grant the wielder any wish that they desired. It was unknown of where the jewel came from (some claimed that it was created by a powerful mage, while others say it was forged by the gods and goddesses themselves!) nor was it known where the jewel was hidden exactly. Many though it'd be hidden within a grand temple out of reach by many, while others believed that it was hidden deep within the bowels of one of the large cities dotting the world.

Oh how wrong they were...

Our tale begins in the small village of Burk, hidden deep within the mountains of Laetatio...a noble, generous country that for years has been on odds with its more blood-thirsty brother Malum. Though there was no bloodshed yet, many believed that it was not much longer till they clashed.

The town of Burk though, isolated from the rumors and whispers of upcoming war, was in a rather tranquil state...the people were peaceful, at one with nature. It was pleasant living there, most had never even been exposed to the violence.

Unfortunately, peace does not last...

----

You start out in Burk, whether a wanderer stopping by or a actual villager is for you to decide...

----Rules

The basics
PG-13 on romance. Anything above should be in PM's
Please try to be as literate as possible.

----Countries of Tellus

Laetatio- The Land of Nobility, a country where peace is bountiful. It is mostly covered by forests, though some mountains lay in the southern end. The current Marquess is Xavier Bennet, a knight that most can not match. Burk is located here.

Malum- The Land of War, a country who's quench for blood is never ending. The lack of resources, the majority of land is covered in barren deserts, has forced them to take over smaller countries in order to make a living. It is to the south of Laetatio and the current Marquess is Tyrael Lecto, a mage noted for his strong grip over magic...he is considered a bit loony though.

Damec- The Land of Fire, a country covered in a volcanoes. It is noted for its large population of Dragon Laguz, the land is hardly ideal to living in and takes a whole lot of willpower to even stand the heat.

Noj- The land of Snow, a country wracked by countless blizzards. Despite the rugged climate, many bird Laguz have settled here, braving the horrid climate and making a decent living. The country is well-known for being the location of the largest mountain in the continent, Azura's Peak.

Zu- The Land of Plains, a country that is covered in open, rolling plains. Many Beast Laguz make a living here, tribes of them dotting the map. The country is rather bare, and has no major villages or cities of note.

----Ranks

Ranks (Human):

First Class: [You MUST start out as one of these!!!]

Ranger: A well-balanced unit who specializes in swords of all kinds.

Fist Fighter: A unit who fights with his fists. Relatively week, but very fast.

Myrmidon: A unit dedicated to the study of the sword. Possesses superior speed and skilled technique.

Soldiers: A spear- and lance-wielding unit.

Fighter: A robust unit that is feared on the battlefield. Specializes in axes of all kinds.

Archer: A unit specializing in bows. Cannot engage in direct combat.

Knight: A heavily armored unit who specializes in lances. Has great defense, but poor movement.

Sword Knight: A mounted unit with exceptional movement. Specializes in swords.

Lance Knight: A mounted unit with exceptional movement. Specializes in lances.

Axe Knight: A mounted unit with exceptional movement. Specializes in axes.

Bow Knight: A mounted unit with exceptional movement. Specializes in bows.

Pegasus Knight: A Pegasus-mounted unit that specializes in lances.

Wyvern Rider: A wyvern-mounted unit that specializes in lances.

Mage: A fierce wielder of nature's magic. Can use fire, thunder, and wind spells.

Priest: A holy man who uses staves to aid others.

Cleric: A magic-wielding woman dedicated to helping others. Specializes in staves.

Thief: A fast and stealthy unit. Can steal items and open locks. Specializes in knives.

Bandit: A unit who roams both land and sea. Specializes in axes.

Monk: A fighter who practices the healing arts. Can use staves.

Second Class: [If you want to level up, you'll have to wait a while. However, as time goes on, and if you're active, you'll be able to class up, and become a second class. Each second class will have it's first class by it {NOTE: if one 1st level class has two 2nd level classes, then you must choose at your character's point of classing up!}.]

Hero: (Ranger) A brave champion who possesses superior leadership skills. Can use both swords and axes.

Lord: (Ranger) A noble warrior. Specializes in use of swords, and can wield legendary swords.

Martial Artist: (Fist Fighter) A fist fighter who has classed up. Extremely fast, strong, and is rumored to be able to break steel.

Swordmaster: (Myrmidon) A myrmidon who has changed classes. Blazingly fast, and a master of killing strokes.

Halberdier: (Soldier) A soldier who has changed classes. Can handle even the most unwieldy lances and spears with ease.

Warrior: (Fighter) A fighter who has changed classes. Can use both axes and bows.

Sniper: (Archer) An archer who has changed classes and can wield bows with ease. Specializes in killing shots.

Magic Archer: (Archer) An archer who has learned magic. Uses magic-infused arrows.

General: (Knight) A knight who has changed classes and can use both axes and lances. Possesses superior defense and attack power.

Paladin: (Sword Knight; Lance Knight; Axe Knight; Bow Knight) A mounted knight that has changed classes. Can use two weapons {Original weapon and then weapon type of your choice}

Falcoknight: (Pegasus Knight) A Pegasus knight that has changed classes and can use both swords and lances. Has a spectacular movement range.

Wyvern Lord: (Wyvern Rider) A wyvern rider that has changed classes. Can wield axes as well as lances.

Sage: (Mage) A mage who has changed classes. Can use staves or knives in addition to spells {Choose either staves or knives; NOT BOTH}

Illusionist: (Mage) A mage who has mastered the art of illusions.

Weathermaster: (Mage) a mage who has mastered the elements, and can control nature.

Necromancer: (Mage) A mage who has studied the dark arts, and can summon the dead.

Bishop: (Priest) A priest who has changed classes. Can use both staves and light magic.

Valkyrie: (Cleric) A cleric who has changed classes. Is mounted, and can use swords and staves.

Assassin: (Thief) A thief who has changed classes. Can wield knives with ease, and specializes in killing blows.

Berserker: (Bandit) An axe-wielding powerhouse who specializes in killing blows.

Master Monk: A monk who has changed classes. Can use light magic in addition to stronger healing staves.

Ranks (Laguz):

Beast Tribes:

Tiger: A mighty unit who mows down opponents with crushing power.

Cat: A lithe fighter who uses lightning-quick speed to overwhelm opponents. Lacks the pure strength of tigers.

Bird Tribes:

Hawk: A winged warrior who possesses staggering strength. The strongest of all the bird tribes.

Raven: A fleet fighter whose speed outstrips that of hawks.

Heron: Not a fighter whatsoever. However, excels in healing.

Dragon Tribes:

Red Dragon: A beast of rare and potent strength. One of the strongest creatures on the continent.

----The Elements

Brought in later once I expand the story. There are five elements - each element corresponding to a god's or goddess' spirit:

Goddess of Light
God of Darkness
God of Fire [Taken by gamemasterdevil]
Goddess of Water
Goddess of Wind

If you want an element and you think you're a good enough RP'er for it, then PM me about it. Once all the elements are taken, that's it. I'll tell you what you can do once you get an element, and when you will be getting it.

----Character Creation

Human Sign-up Sheet:

Name
Race [Human]
Rank [Choose one from first class]
Weapon [Choose based on your class]
Appearance [Optional]
Bio [Optional]

Laguz Sign-up Sheet:

Name
Race [Laguz]
Tribe [Beast, Bird, or Dragon]
Type [For Beast: Cat or Tiger; For Bird; Hawk, Raven, or Heron; For Dragon: Red]
Appearance [Optional]
Bio [Optional]

Got it done!! Anyone interested in joining this?
Heya. If y'know me, send me a PM. It'd be nice t'see some old friends around here...

FearItself

Does anyone know if I can make a non-Nintendo-related roleplay?
It would have a concept, I assure you. And, it would most likely be popular too.

gamemasterdevil

I'd ask the administration about that, Fear..or the local mod. Whichever higher ups have the say in that matter XD

FearItself

I did, I PMed JMV (Maybe I should PM someone who is online... xD), and the reason I posted here was to get Marluxia's attention.

Joeofmars

@gamemasterdevil:I would defanitally sign-up for that.It seems really interesting.

@FearItself:I'm pretty sure there can be Non-Nintedno related RP's seeing as the mod has two of them himself.

FearItself

True, but they're only like spars and stuff, and things that aren't really associated with non-Nintendo franchise.

I'll wait for Silverhawk/JMV's approval or disapproval.