News:

UH SOMETHING BROKE HANG ON

Main Menu

argh, keyboard help

Started by Zovistograt, February 21, 2008, 11:45:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zovistograt

I want my keyboard to stop protesting when I press lots of buttons really fast at the same time.  Some keyboards do it and some don't, it seems, so how do you fix this?  Is it purely a software thing or is actually a hardware property?

It's making me fail in FFR, which isn't good in multiplayer >:(
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

Kayo

what is it saying to you when it "protests"?
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Zovistograt

Quote from: KAOS on February 21, 2008, 11:46:02 AM
oh, the computer beeps and it lags the system.
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

Kayo

Quote from: Zovistograt on February 21, 2008, 11:46:51 AM
try toggling with your settings. if you see anything about keyboard settings, yeah. or, look for your keyboard's owner's manual. :P
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Zovistograt

Quote from: KAOS on February 21, 2008, 11:47:50 AM
Quote from: Zovistograt on February 21, 2008, 11:46:51 AM
try toggling with your settings. if you see anything about keyboard settings, yeah. or, look for your keyboard's owner's manual. :P
I tried that D:

Kayo

[move][/move]

Zovistograt

Kayo

[move][/move]

Friendly Hostile

Hold down one key until the sticky keys window pops up.  Go into the options and adjust them/disable them so that it doesn't notify you anymore.

sonicdude164

Some keyboards are just really gay and don't let you push lotsa buttons at once or reall fast or whatever you're doing.

Cardinal

because gay is totally used in context there

sonicdude164

Quote from: Cardinal on February 21, 2008, 01:16:09 PM
yeah the keys are gay together and causes laggg

Friendly Hostile

Quote from: sonicdude164 on February 21, 2008, 01:17:19 PM
Quote from: Cardinal on February 21, 2008, 01:16:09 PM
yeah the keys are gay together and causes laggg
They're attracted to keys of the same gender?  And if so, since when do key's have genders?
Or are they just really happy?
And how does this relate to the computer running slow?

blue_slime

The keyboard driver probably sucks and doesn't allocate enough memory for the queue.  I'm not quite sure how you would fix this though.  But it's definitely the driver's fault.

EDIT: oh, pressing at the same time... then yeah, it's the keyboard.

えっちーせんぱい

Only certain keyboards let you press a lot of keys at the same time. Usually USB keyboards limit the number to two or three.