News:

Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

I swear, MKV's have got to be the hardest things to convert...

Started by えっちーせんぱい, March 21, 2008, 12:58:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

えっちーせんぱい

You need to run the darn things through at least 2 conversion processes, and then a third if you want to put it on something.

Why? >_>

Redpaige13

o.o;;

I totally know what you're talking about. 

Totally.  Yup. 

FORNICATION BABY!

えっちーせんぱい

Quote from: Redpaige13 on March 21, 2008, 01:00:05 AM
o.o;;

Totally.  Yup. 
Sure..
Downloading a MKV and getting it converted into an AVI that's in the wrong ratio and having to convert it to another AVI in the right one seems simple enough, right?

Redpaige13

Quote from: Blaziken on March 21, 2008, 01:02:52 AM
o.o;;

Totally.  Yup. 
Sure..
Downloading a MKV and getting it converted into an AVI that's in the wrong ratio and having to convert it to another AVI in the right one seems simple enough, right?
Uhh...  yes?  ._.

FORNICATION BABY!

THEEVILSPERKY

My limited knowledge wields the following reply: AVI = movie file... you're converting files you're downloading... never heard of MKV...

Apparently you answered your own question.  The first conversion results in a bad ratio that needs to be fixed by another conversion.. followed by another if you'd like to place it on a portable device with limited reading capabilities... so that's why you may need 3...

You said it yourself.. hehe..

amirite?

Anyways.. uh-huh?  Not really sure what to say. >_>
NES, SNES, N64, GCN (Jet Black), PQ (JPN), Wii, GBP (Clear), GBC (Green x2), GBASP (x2 Cobalt, x1 NES), DSLite (Black), SG3, SDC (x1 BIG, x1 Clear black top, solid grey/beige bottom), PS (x2), PS2 (Slim, Silver), PS3 (NTSC 60GB upgraded to 500GB), PSP 2000 (Silver, 4GB), XBox360 Elite

えっちーせんぱい

Quote from: Redpaige13 on March 21, 2008, 01:05:56 AM
Quote from: Blaziken on March 21, 2008, 01:02:52 AM
o.o;;

Totally.  Yup. 
Sure..
Uhh...  yes?  ._.
* Blaziken pokes Red

Hiya.

Quote from: THEEVILSPERKY on March 21, 2008, 01:06:12 AM
My limited knowledge wields the following reply: AVI = movie file... you're converting files you're downloading... never heard of MKV...

Apparently you answered your own question.  The first conversion results in a bad ratio that needs to be fixed by another conversion.. followed by another if you'd like to place it on a portable device with limited reading capabilities... so that's why you may need 3...

You said it yourself.. hehe..

amirite?

Anyways.. uh-huh?  Not really sure what to say. >_>
I'm just annoyed I can't find one that does it correctly in one go.

Redpaige13

FORNICATION BABY!

THEEVILSPERKY

I wouldn't even think doing a second AVI conversion to correct a bad ratio.

I sound like I know what I'm talking about I suppose but I really don't.  What exactly is a bad ratio?  Audio and video not matching up?  I don't understand how converting an AVI to AVI would fix that.. I think the process would be instantaneous since it was already AVI.  What do I know though. >_>

Not computer-savvy here. ~_^;
NES, SNES, N64, GCN (Jet Black), PQ (JPN), Wii, GBP (Clear), GBC (Green x2), GBASP (x2 Cobalt, x1 NES), DSLite (Black), SG3, SDC (x1 BIG, x1 Clear black top, solid grey/beige bottom), PS (x2), PS2 (Slim, Silver), PS3 (NTSC 60GB upgraded to 500GB), PSP 2000 (Silver, 4GB), XBox360 Elite

えっちーせんぱい

Quote from: THEEVILSPERKY on March 21, 2008, 01:11:58 AM
I wouldn't even think doing a second AVI conversion to correct a bad ratio.

I sound like I know what I'm talking about I suppose but I really don't.  What exactly is a bad ratio?  Audio and video not matching up?  I don't understand how converting an AVI to AVI would fix that.. I think the process would be instantaneous since it was already AVI.  What do I know though. >_>

Not computer-savvy here. ~_^;
Uhh..

The first conversion is for getting it out of mkv to avi, but if the mkv was 16:9, it always gets squished into 4:3 for some stupid ass reason, so I'd have to do another to get it back to 16:9. From mkv to avi takes forever though.

THEEVILSPERKY

That is really strange.. huh.  I don't know what to make of that..

えっちーせんぱい

Quote from: THEEVILSPERKY on March 21, 2008, 01:15:23 AM
That is really strange.. huh.  I don't know what to make of that..
Neither do I. I'm just doing a bunch of test conversions on The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya's special ending and seeing what comes out of it using different filtype conversions..

THEEVILSPERKY

Syncopathic

I've never used MKVs myself... I usually download the file that has the subs, why are you doing this?

Super

えっちーせんぱい

Quote from: Sceptile on March 21, 2008, 01:21:01 AM
I've never used MKVs myself... I usually download the file that has the subs, why are you doing this?
I was looking for a DVD rip.

Quote from: SUPERKOOL on March 21, 2008, 01:21:14 AM
Lesson learned: Never use random-ass movie filetypes.
It's not random, just hard to work with. Really hard to work with.