News:

UH SOMETHING BROKE HANG ON

Main Menu

Favourite Composer

Started by Silly_Penguin, April 20, 2008, 04:56:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silly_Penguin

I'm curious to know, who is your favorite composer (for movies, shows, or just for the sake of composing!).  Also, state some of their work that you really admire :)

One, if not my favorite composer would be Danny Elfman. (although of course i love Bach and Mozart's work :P) Some of my favorites from him are his score's to The Nightmare Before Christmas and Edward Scissordands. Also, the magnificent job he did in singing Jack's part in NMBC. ^^ On a side note, he also composed the theme music for The Simpsons and Dilbert, and thew scores for Beetlejuice, Sleepy Hollow, and Spider-Man 2 for those who don't know.

Also, forgot to mention two composers:
From two pieces in band that we played this year by Leonard Bernstein i just loved (them being Slava! and Overture  to "Candide"). I'm adding him to the list ^^.
Stephen Sondheim is also one of my favorite composers. From his musicals, such as Sweeney Todd, Assassins, and Into The Woods. I just love his work.

*is waiting for someone to mention 4'33'' or any other work by John Cage*

Zovistograt

I only know John Cage for Organ2/ASLSP :P
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

Redpaige13

Kitaro.

My mom always played Kitaro when was was younger. 

FORNICATION BABY!