<Clu> no nsfcd is basically a ghost town, it should be killed behind fences

Main Menu

The Phantom of Maple Circle [Mystery RP]

Started by THEBIRD, April 29, 2008, 04:19:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

THEBIRD

The Phantom of Maple Circle [A Mystery RP]
The Storyline
Maple Circle is a long street that makes a giant loop. It goes for five miles before turning and going back the other way and connecting with the beginning. Many people live on this street, and are very big on Halloween. They hold many festivals of the sorts throughout the months of Fall. Some people like to come to Maple Circle to celebrate the Autumn season. But lately, someone, or something has been scaring these people off. The Phantom of Maple Circle has brought the town even more publicity, but less population.

Blood flows down the streets of the once friendly town of Maple Circle. People still come, but no one ever stays for long. This is your chance to discover the mystery that calls to be dug up from deep within the ground. You have 30 days. There are ten suspects. Ten alibis. Ten reasons to kill. There are many questions to ask and many places to search... But the real question is: Who is the Phantom of Maple Circle?

You start off at the Maple Hotel, planning on visiting Maple Circle to see the famous Halloween festival and other parties. But, when the Phantom reveals itself to be a true killer, most of the relaxation and enjoyment is sucked out of the whole thing. Slowly, people are being picked off one by one. You have two choices: Find the killer, or have the killer find you.

The Places
- Suit ?Em Up, Costume Shop [Costume Shop]
- Freddy?s Food Mart [Grocery Store]
- Maple Hotel [Hotel]
- Their Share Bank [Bank]
- Generally Open [General Store]
- Score [Music Shop]
- The Winning Circle [Sports Store]
- Eyes of Glass [Lens Shop]
Other Places
- [All the houses of the residents]
- The Abandoned Mill [An unoccupied old mill on the Plains]
- The Forest [A forest to the West of town]
- The Plains [A grassy field that grows all the harvest to the North of town]
- The Lake [A great relaxing and fishing spot to the East of town]

The Schedule
Day 1- The Opening of the Maple Hotel
Day 5- Autumn Festival
Day 12- Pumpkin Harvest
Day 15- Fall Holiday
Day 22- Maple Festival
Day 30- Halloween Preparations
Day 31- Halloween Party

The Clues [The bank of clues found.]
Clue 01- The Pill Bottle [2 pills left inside]- Purchased 3 days prior to Sage's death from Generally Open.
Clue 02- The Handle of a Baseball Bat- 1 inch of the handle of a dark blue baseball bat found underneath the bed of Room 003.
Clue 03- A fogged up mirror with the writing 'Those who seek it, become it' on it.
Clue 04- A bloody knife found in a knife drawer of Emilia Garnet's kitchen.

Mary Wright's Blog [Currently closed due to internet connection loss]

The Suspects/Important People
Mayor Scotch [Mayor of Maple Circle]
Tom Mann [Owner of the Maple Hotel]
Mary Wright [Blogger/Receptionist]
Zachary Smith [The troublemaker of town]
Madam Rosina [Owner of Score]
Michael Stone [Owner of Generally Open]
Tim Barton [Owner of Suit 'Em Up, Costume Shop]
Jake Haves [Owner of The Winning Circle]

Victims
Sage [A girl staying at the Maple Hotel. Phantom murdered her.]
Emilia Garnet [A woman resident. Phantom murdered her.]
Mark Garnet [Husband of Emilia. Phantom murdered his wife.]

Current Day
Day 2 [No events on this day.]

Character Sheet
*= Required
Name: *
Personality:
Appearance: *
Bio: *
Other Info:

Since I know who the killer is, I won't be making a character, but I will be participating as all the Suspects, murdered characters, and killer. Anyway, this probably will be a risky RP, but I really wanted to try it out. I want to give you some hints you should take account of before starting this off. First of all, all your senses are important. I will be paying attention to detail in this RP, and so should you. Dig deep, ask questions, and look for the tiniest details.

To Start Things Off:

It was midnight of the opening day of the Maple Hotel. The moon was waning in the sky, the bright light only showed part of the body slowly unlocking the door of the hotel. There was a small cracking noise as the tool being used broke in half and the tip fell to the ground, and the door opened. The criminal was wearing all black, and all that could be seen in the moonlight were its muddy black boots. Some mud was tracked inside as the criminal wiped its feet a few steps in. After that, the person proceeded to cause a rampage in the Maple Hotel. The criminal left a few hours later, the moon had sunk slightly, but other than that nothing had changed, and no one had noticed.

The Phantom's reaping had begun.

Dr.Hobo2

Name: Nick Gumshoe
Personality: He is generally a pretty good guy. He can act childish at times and then turn around and act as a complete adult depending on the situations. He enjoys mystery novels and always wanted to have something like that happen to him.
Appearance: Spiked brown hair. He wears jeans and a sweatshirt and the sweatshirt has a pumpkin on the front of it since Halloween is coming around.
Bio: When he was a kid, his favorite holiday was Halloween and as he got older, he gained interest in other things like horror movies and mystery books and movies.
------------------------
Nick woke up in his hotel room and took a look at the clock. Ugh...It's still not morning yet. He had just gotten to Maple Circle, which was where he normally went for October since it brought back memories of his childhood and Halloween. "Man...Must be Jet Lag that's keeping me awake." He said to himself as he tried to get comfortable again and tried to fall asleep.

THEBIRD

There was a sudden yell of surprise coming from another room nearby in the hotel. "HOLY MOTHER OF-!" It was a male's voice, and soon there was knocking on Nick's room. "Open up! If anyone's in there, open up!" It was the same guy's voice, and he sounded frantic.

Dr.Hobo2

"Gah!" Nick fell out of bed. He got back up but before he opened the door...I can't go out there in just some boxers. So as quickly as he could, he put on some jeans and a simple T-shirt and opened the door. "What is it?"

Pokemaster218

Name: Alex Richards
Personality: Nice, but has a strong will.
Appearance: Blond hair, White undershirt with a brown jacket on top and slightly worn blue jeans
Bio: Alex is a young man with a strong curiosity and a strong will. He came to maple circle to try to solve the mystery.
Other Info: Has read too many mystery stories.

Dis good?

THEBIRD

(( Yep. You can either start just entering the hotel, or already in your room of the hotel. ))

The owner of Hotel Maple stood before Nick. He had long black hair tied up in a pony tail, green eyes that were behind lopsided clear spectacles, with a pale and scrawny complexion. He looked to be in his mid or late 30's.

"Get out," Tom Mann commanded. "Go to the front desk, now." If Nick looked, he would be able to see through the open door of the room across him a skinny brunette, dead, hanging from a noose.

Dr.Hobo2

Nick walked on his way toward the exit and caught a glimps of the girl. Gah!...I hope this is just jet lag playing tricks on me! He started to get a cold sweat as he went to the front desk.

Pokemaster218

Alex walked in to the hotel, tired because he had not yet gotten a chance to sleep due to the long drive from a neighbouring town. He always came to maple circle because of the Halloween Celebration. But the other reason he came was because of the Phantom of Maple Circle. He wanted to find out why he was killing people and who he was.

THEBIRD

Tom closed the door to the dead girl's room. Room 003. He pushed some rubbish out of his way as he follwed Nick to the front desk. He caught a glimpse of Alex walking in and pointed at him to stand next to Nick and not move as he called the police.

"We need you down here at the Maple Hotel right away," Tom told them. Then he added in a whisper, "Sage killed herself... Yeah, a hangin'. No, I can't give details now, I've got customers... What? ...Well, the place has been ransacked... No, there was no chair by her... Well I don't know how she was able to do it without a chair! She could have used the bloody bed! Just, get over here! I'm not losing profits due to a girl's own wish of death! ...No, I won't answer anymore bloody questions! See it for yourself." Tom then hung up the phone angrily and turned back towards the guests.

"Sit, make yourself at home," he said as calmly as he could. "Just stay here in the lobby."

Pokemaster218

Alex looked at Tom and then perked up a bit when he heard of the murder. The only thing he said was, "The Phantom of Maple Circle strikes again."

Light

Sorry, but I can't help but using a non-original character for this. If I have to use an original character, then just tell me, and I'll revise it.

Name: L

Personality: Very secretive, but is also extremely smart and an excellent detective. He also has a major sweet tooth.

Appearance:

Bio: L was raised up silently, honing on his detective skills. At the age of sixteen, he became one of the most well known investigators in the world; however, no one knows his true name.
Holy crap all my sigs were always poop. Best leave this space alone.

Dr.Hobo2

"Huh?" Nick said as he took a seat with another chair next to him. "I know about that Phantom here but...it sounded like a suicide." It sure looked like it now that I think back...and nuse is almost like a...a...a cliche to suicide.

Pokemaster218

"So sure?" Alex said, a tired look on his face. "Well, I am going to check it out." As he turned to leave, He pulled a note pad out of his pocket.

Max Headroom

Name: Mira
Personality: Whatever the situation desires
Appearance:
Bio: Unknown
Other Info: N/A
[move][/move]

Dr.Hobo2

"Wait. I'm coming too." Nick said jumping up and following Alex.