News:

<+Clu> Silverhawk79 is just wrong for me

Main Menu

A look at Dr. Mario Online Rx

Started by thunderhero4, May 29, 2008, 01:58:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thunderhero4

Hello, this is my review of the new wiiware game Dr. Mario Online Rx (i will refer to it as Dr. Mario Wii)

*quick note, my style of review does not include pictures so do not mention pictures in your post!

Name: Dr. Mario Online Rx
Platform: Wii (wiiware)
Genre: Puzzle
ESRB: E
Retail: $10.00

Ok where do I begin?

Ill start with acessebility this time:

this category is mixed between people, but if you wish to get this game you must have a wireless internet connection that your wii uses. I know many people who do not and need it. The channel for it takes up 93 blocks. This is much less than most VC games and certainly less than what people think!

i give this a 3/5

Next up we have graphics:

Hmm...graphics...I would say they're pretty good for a game AND series that has nothing to do with 3D graphics. You also download it, so theres no complaining here! Looks just like a Gamecube game!

4/5

Gameplay next:

Phew, what I did not expect was that this game had me playing for 5 hours straight, and I probably will do the same tomorrow. For those of you who are familiar with the series, it is a return to it's addicting greatness! The same virus busting you know and love, now with better graphics, more features, and the fact that you CAN play as your Mii at any time! Now for those of you who HAVENT played a Dr. Mario game (this is where I stood) it may seem a tad difficult when you start. Never fear, keep playing and never give up! The game gets better the better you get! Now, for those of you who don't seem to enjoy puzzles, this may not be the game for you, for I have played and got addicted to many in the past. If you wish to try it, request a demo from one of us here who has it (you can send a demo to friends) and you may choose whether to buy or not! ;)

Overall, gameplay makes an easy 5/5

Okie, next we have features and value:

Now, you gotta remember, you payed just 10 bucks for this game. It's not gonna have 100 game modes. But what you get for that 10 is incredible! I can see people spending $30.00 for this if it were retail! First off, you have your basic Classic Virus Buster, clear each virus out without filling the bottle to the top. There are 20 levels of this and it gets VERY challenging after 10 (I have made it to 18!) If you fail, you may go back to the same level and try again! Or you can just go straight to 20. You may also adjust the pill fall speed as well. This mode comes in 1 or 2 players, online or offline. There is a new variant called Flash where you are required to play with an opponent (cpu if need be) and take out the shining viruses before your opponent. This mode is also online equipped.

On the other half of the game is called Virus Buster (if I can remember). In this version, you must control the pills with the Wii remote pointer. It can be easier or harder, but its definately different! If you want to try this mode, its also on Brain Age 2 with the same name. This mode seems to be single player only, so dont expect to see online functions.

All of these features should last a while too, an at 10 bucks, it nags a 5/5

Ok, sound!:

The noises everything makes is fluid and nice on the ear. Alot of sounds happen during the game (including one of Kazooie's ACTUAL sounds!) and they never get annoying. The music, however, is where it shines. Every track in the game (except for the game over, you lose music which is pretty creepy) is very very catchy and will keep you in the puzzle mood. You may choose between 4 songs to listen to during the normal game: Fever, Chill, Cough, and one more (I believe it's sneeze). Each of these songs are great! I recommend trying them all!

Sound and music is great, 5/5 again!

That is everything I need to cover! This game has superb Gameplay, Music, Value, and Sound!

Its graphics are nothing bad, and its price is unbelieveable! But its not for everyone...

I give it an overall 4.5/5!

The only thing holding it back from a 5 (the perfect puzzle game) is that you need internet to get it! Thanks for reading.

Last note: i did this review on my Wii so I had to do it all from memory.