News:

<+Clu> Silverhawk79 is just wrong for me

Main Menu

GENTLEMEN

Started by Lotos, June 12, 2008, 06:58:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Genius

The place is dying, simple as that.  Don't blame the domain, either.  You can see a steady decline over the past few months.  That's the fate of an Nsider ripoff.  Telling people to post more is just stupid.  That's artificial activity.  People posting just for the sake of stats.  What's the point?

Tupin

I hope this site at least makes it until the end of 2008 or even the one year anniversary of Oldsider closing, but I'm starting to doubt that.  :'(

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Snowden

Right when I get here, this shows up x(

Gah!

Kilroy

Just as long as there's 2 members online daily, there's simply no problem. There's enough activity to have a forum. We don't want NS2's activity, yet, we sort of need something like it. Rather than having thousands of morons, though, we have 50-60 close-knit friends. Why do we need anything better than that, hm? We're slowly losing ourselves, yes, but we can't really change that.

But, here's something positive. Like Silverhawk said, more and more of the people with around 75% of a brain are getting that NS2 sucks. Slowly but surely, we may be dying, but those few members from there a month are somewhat boosting our activity.
1984 WAS SUPPOSED TO BE AN INSTRUCTION NOT MANUAL
"yes you are anusface, but i am better than!!" - taw, steam forums
 FOR NSF MASCOT

SkyMyl

I've been posting a topic a day since June 1st. So...yeah. ;D

Genius

Quote from: Byte on June 13, 2008, 03:17:07 AM
Just as long as there's 2 members online daily, there's simply no problem. There's enough activity to have a forum.

Looks like someone spends too much time at crappy Invisionfree forums.

Daft Pink

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on June 12, 2008, 09:53:24 PM
I hope this site at least makes it until the end of 2008 or even the one year anniversary of Oldsider closing, but I'm starting to doubt that.  :'(
We have a backup. An epic backup.

SkyMyl

Quote from: WIIGAMER24 on June 13, 2008, 07:39:04 AM
Details. ::)

Silly_Penguin

Well, hopefully activity will increase in the summer since school's are letting out, that will give people more time. Advertising or something? Could work to get more members.

Kilroy

Quote from: Genius on June 13, 2008, 07:20:45 AM
Just as long as there's 2 members online daily, there's simply no problem. There's enough activity to have a forum.

Those forums are crap, I know. What I'm saying is that if there are 2 or 3 members on a forum, there can be disscussion, it just depends how fast or slow it goes, really.

Also, on a side note, I feel like I'm going to be insulted for no reason, stomped into the ground over the Internet, have the staff laugh at me, etc. simply because we're talking...
1984 WAS SUPPOSED TO BE AN INSTRUCTION NOT MANUAL
"yes you are anusface, but i am better than!!" - taw, steam forums
 FOR NSF MASCOT

Gwen Khan

Quote from: Byte on June 13, 2008, 12:25:13 PM
Quote from: Genius on June 13, 2008, 07:20:45 AM

Those forums are crap, I know. What I'm saying is that if there are 2 or 3 members on a forum, there can be disscussion, it just depends how fast or slow it goes, really.

Also, on a side note, I feel like I'm going to be insulted for no reason, stomped into the ground over the Internet, have the staff laugh at me, etc. simply because we're talking...

of course, that's what happens when you talk to Genius

Linkman

Quote from: MasterYoungLink on June 13, 2008, 12:01:30 PM
no offence but i doubt the Epic Lounge (if thats what your talking about) is much of a backup.

Zovistograt

Quote from: Linkfan71 on June 13, 2008, 12:38:51 PM
Quote from: MasterYoungLink on June 13, 2008, 12:01:30 PM
no offence but i doubt the Epic Lounge (if thats what your talking about) is much of a backup.
if that is the backup, I concur.
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

Ares300

Quote from: Lotos on June 12, 2008, 09:22:26 PM
Quote from: Silverhawk79 on June 12, 2008, 09:21:35 PM
What we need to do is somehow acquire the domain back from MetaKnight, since it has most of the Google results linked to it. Or rather, used to. That was how we got a lot of members. Now nsf.projectfcd.com is on page 7 or something.

So Metaknight now has Nsiderforums.org too, or the original domain?

Wait a tick.......theres someone ELSE who wants this domain besides Ralph?