News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

The City in the Void. [A Surreal Survival RP]

Started by Sgt.Chilly, September 20, 2008, 09:58:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt.Chilly

[premise]
You got on a subway train late one night.  After hanging with your friends you find yourself weary and you quickly fall asleep aboard the train.  When you awaken, you discover the Subway train has stopped at an eerie station.  It is in an advanced state of decay and many of the lights are flickering on and off.  The stench of rotting flesh permeates the air, and the sound of weeping can be heard from some far off girl.  You heart feels terror you have never known before.

A porter opens the subway doors and waves for you to get off.  He is devoid of flesh and his eyes are covered by blindfolds. You check your surroundings. Next to you is your backpack, you can't remember immediately what you packed but it couldn't have been more than a few items.  There are other passengers aboard but you're not sure if they are human or something else.

You're not sure how you got here but something tells you if you do not find safe passage out soon, you may be stuck here a good long while.....

[setup & rules]
You are now stuck in a nameless city, inhabited by fell beings of neither hell nor earth.  You must keep your wits and escape this dark pit or lose your mind, life, or even your very soul.

Your backpack has 3 items of your choosing.  No ridiculous items like bazookas or magic swords but regular items that you might actually possess.  I would suggest something to defend yourself, something to eat, something of value or money, personal objects (books, portable console, etc), so on and so forth.

Your characters will be human, have no special powers, magicks, or superhuman abilities.  Your are just as mortal as any random Joe.  Take this with grave consideration as the creatures here exist outside of normal physics.

You can navigate the town by yourself or you can cooperate with other people (Note there is safety in numbers).  Pay attention to your surroundings and the vibes you'll get.  If a creature hides it's face with a cloak or hood and your character is unnerved, it is probably best not to try and see his face.

I will not control any single character or antagonist but I will control all the residents and I will be able to give your character's instinctual vibes.

[Joining and Escaping]
The first 2-5 characters will start out on the train but there will be other means of falling into the void for those who wish to test themselves. 

Once you get off the train will you not be able to simply wait for the next one to leave.  You must find a ticket that will take you out of the city.  Tickets can not be purchased by anyone who isn't already a resident of the city but you may able to convince one of the city's inhabitants to hand over a subway pass if you're lucky.  There are other ways to exit the city including the ferry boat, the public buses, and hitch hiking.  But again you will need to convince someone to part with a pass or find one on your own.  However I cannot in good conscience condone taking a ride from a stranger.

Be sure to describe your character in standard fair:

Name:
Appearance:
Items:
Personality:

Welcome to the city in the void.

Spam

I'll give it a go...

Name: Seth Peek
Appearance: Brown hair, hazel hairs, and white skin 6.1 feet
Items: A copy of How to survival the World, forty euros, and some bananas...
Personality: clever, shifty, etc.

Sgt.Chilly

DocEtte_2020

Name: Bryan Grey
Appearance: Short Buttoned Shirt with a Sports Jacket and Dress pants and Black Boots and wears Orange Shades With a brown ponytail with a goatee.
Items:Pocket knife, Flashlight , Notepad With a pen
Personality: Skeptical, Sarcastic, Logical

•If we all reacted the same way, we'd be predictable, and there's always more than one way to view a situation. What's true for the group is also true for the individual. It's simple: overspecialize, and you breed in weakness. It's slow death.