Main Menu

What's your favorite anima

Started by Jayat, August 16, 2009, 09:01:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Justice

ok???

yeah its still wrong though
Quote from: Talim on September 04, 2009, 05:26:53 PM
Yesterday, sort of. I was on the verge of crying. Why? I got into an argument with a couple other people from #nsider and it got me really upset. I didn't really cry much though
Quote from: Tsumaru on September 20, 2009, 11:29:22 AM
Can we ban Hoss, please?

Jayat

Click here to level up my card!

Wii 8713-9036-0212-2272

Marrato

My fave. amime's are

1. Soul Eater
2. Buso Renkin
3. ToLoveRu Trouble
4. Dragon Drive
5 .Disgaea
6. Hellsing
7. Maple Story
8. Yu-gi-oh 5Ds
9. Cowboy bebop
10. HunterXHunter
and 11. DBZ
Those are my favorite anime's
Brawl FC:3910 0777 5590

Zovistograt

Quote from: Jayat on August 21, 2009, 08:03:40 PM
What?Wrong you gotta be kidding me.You guy's are just like Playat.
It really don't matter how i write it in the subject box it's like a joke or something.
deal with it.And that go's double for you Playat and Marrato you deal with.YOU DEAL WITH IT!!!!
you don't just deal with it when you're talking to hardcore anime fans.  The only acceptable corruption of the word "anime" is animu, courtesy of anon.  Even the word "anime" itself is not really the best word, especially when you're talking to someone in Japan.  Japanese animation is more specific, since "anime" just means "animation."

But now I'm getting technical D:
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

RX-78-2

Quote from: Sh0rTi on August 21, 2009, 07:28:35 PM
One anime episode is like 20 minutes. Not that hard to get an ep in, even with schoolwork. :P

Now to go watch some more anime and further procrastinate on that half-done AP English summer homework even though school starts Monday.

The only thing with 20 minute episodes is that I like to watch many at once, which of course takes up a lot of time. I usually just play video games too much to be able to do anything else. Can you recommend any good, short ones ????? You too, Zovistograt, as it looks like you're in the know about what's good :).

As for AP English summer work: lol, same predicament :). I'm going to AP English 3 (11th grade). What books (I assume you're reading, correct?) are you reading? What other work do you have to do? I have to read Black Boy by Richard Wright (it was okay, but the writing style was exhausting), 1984 by George Orwell (awesome), and When Bad Things Happen to Good People by Harold S. Kushner (I chose that one myself, still must read). Then I have to choose a project to do for When Bad Things Happen to Good People. Off topic, I know :-\, but just curious ????.
I dunno hao 2 put imgs heer :(

****************Mack was here******************

Nayrman

good, short series?
Well, Canaan and Bakemonogatari are still ongoing, although I hear they're only like 13 episodes for the run.

FLCL is only 6, and it's fantastic. Cowboy Bebop is 26, so is Trigun.
Ghost Hunt is only 25 (Think Japanese Scooby-Doo but not lame and no annoying dog)

RX-78-2

Quote from: Nayrman on August 23, 2009, 11:00:08 AM
good, short series?
Well, Canaan and Bakemonogatari are still ongoing, although I hear they're only like 13 episodes for the run.

FLCL is only 6, and it's fantastic. Cowboy Bebop is 26, so is Trigun.
Ghost Hunt is only 25 (Think Japanese Scooby-Doo but not lame and no annoying dog)

Cool. I think I'll check 'em out sometime.

Oh, what a coincidence; I'm watching a Scooby-Doo movie right now.

(um... what's "FLCL"?)

Nayrman

Quote from: Back to TerribleFrog on August 23, 2009, 11:08:03 AM
Cool. I think I'll check 'em out sometime.

Oh, what a coincidence; I'm watching a Scooby-Doo movie right now.

(um... what's "FLCL"?)
Well, I just compare it to Scooby-Doo because it's the only American show that comes even remotely close in a sense. There are some pretty intense arcs (the main character almost get's her throat sliced in it).

FLCL (short for Fooly Cooly *no literal translation. It's a pun on the Japanese onomatopoeia "Furi Kuri" or "breast groping"*
It's basically a show that makes fun of other anime/manga tropes in it's own strangely epic story.

RX-78-2

Quote from: Nayrman on August 23, 2009, 11:11:39 AM
Well, I just compare it to Scooby-Doo because it's the only American show that comes even remotely close in a sense. There are some pretty intense arcs (the main character almost get's her throat sliced in it).

FLCL (short for Fooly Cooly *no literal translation. It's a pun on the Japanese onomatopoeia "Furi Kuri" or "breast groping"*
It's basically a show that makes fun of other anime/manga tropes in it's own strangely epic story.

Both sound sweet. I think I've heard of Fooly Cooly before... somewhere. If it's anywhere near as good as Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo (not necessarily  like it) which I thoroughly enjoyed :), then I think I'll enjoy it. It's a good thing I'm used to Japanese pop culture jokes and puns from reading Sgt. Frog. Are there (m)any of those? I think the puns are especially interesting to see, even how they're translated. I think it's usually better to watch pun-filled anim? in Japanese with subtitles. Could you also tell me what language (for dialogue) I should watch them in?

Nayrman

Quote from: Back to TerribleFrog on August 23, 2009, 11:23:28 AM
Both sound sweet. I think I've heard of Fooly Cooly before... somewhere. If it's anywhere near as good as Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo (not necessarily  like it) which I thoroughly enjoyed :), then I think I'll enjoy it. It's a good thing I'm used to Japanese pop culture jokes and puns from reading Sgt. Frog. Are there (m)any of those? I think the puns are especially interesting to see, even how they're translated. I think it's usually better to watch pun-filled anim? in Japanese with subtitles. Could you also tell me what language (for dialogue) I should watch them in?
Cowboy Bebop - ENGLISH (even the creators say it sounds better in english, so you know it's DAMN GOOD)
Trigun - pick. Both are fine
FLCL - both. Actually the english version is surprisingly better. All the jokes are there (mostly), but are slightly altered. It's not Bo x 7. It's much better.
Ghost Hunt- Ah, haven't seen the entire English dub. Just a few eps. From what I can tell it's alright, except the Aussie character gets hit hard in the english dub. In the Japanese he's speaking in a kansai dialect where he learned it, however he speaks it formally (Kansai from what I've been told is very informal), so it comes across like a southern person speaking fancy. Nothing is inherently wrong it's just...odd. In the english dub, he's got "an OUTRAIIIGOUS AWWSTRAYYLEEAN AHCCENT MATE!"

RX-78-2

Quote from: Nayrman on August 23, 2009, 11:29:31 AM
Cowboy Bebop - ENGLISH (even the creators say it sounds better in english, so you know it's DAMN GOOD)
Trigun - pick. Both are fine
FLCL - both. Actually the english version is surprisingly better. All the jokes are there (mostly), but are slightly altered. It's not Bo x 7. It's much better.
Ghost Hunt- Ah, haven't seen the entire English dub. Just a few eps. From what I can tell it's alright, except the Aussie character gets hit hard in the english dub. In the Japanese he's speaking in a kansai dialect where he learned it, however he speaks it formally (Kansai from what I've been told is very informal), so it comes across like a southern person speaking fancy. Nothing is inherently wrong it's just...odd. In the english dub, he's got "an OUTRAIIIGOUS AWWSTRAYYLEEAN AHCCENT MATE!"

Thanks. I'll have to get started sometime in the near future :). Hopefully I won't procrastinate too much like I do with long-term schoolwork :-\. Once I'm done though, I be sure to tell you all what I think!

Nayrman

Dude, just find a viewing site and start watching. No way you're THAT busy.

RX-78-2

Quote from: Nayrman on August 23, 2009, 11:37:21 AM
Dude, just find a viewing site and start watching. No way you're THAT busy.

I never said "busy", just "preoccupied". I'm about to start playing video games, seeing as I've seen the Scooby-Doo movie playing right now, so don't expect my reply to be as quick as these were. "Cya" for now.

Nayrman

Quote from: Back to TerribleFrog on August 23, 2009, 11:49:45 AM
I never said "busy", just "preoccupied". I'm about to start playing video games, seeing as I've seen the Scooby-Doo movie playing right now, so don't expect my reply to be as quick as these were. "Cya" for now.
those movies suck.
watch the original cartoon and the hilariously bad "celebrity" ones (my favorite are the Batman and Robin and 3 Stooges ones)

Zovistograt

My recommendations for "short anime"

Shinigami no Ballad
6 episodes
A cute death god (shinigami) named Momo deals with various things.  It's very touching.

Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora
6 episodes
Made by the same people as SnB.  A guy with hepatitis A is in a hospital and meets a terminally ill girl named Rika.  It's really emotional.  You'll cry.

Natsuiro no Sunadokei
2 episodes
Best 2 episode romance ever (although Hanbun's better imo).  It's the kind of romance that makes you feel like you watched something substantial and heart-warming.

Voices of a Distant Star
1 episode
Cool 1-shot 35 minute OVA.  It has mecha but is quite smart for one of those.

oh and one more.

Hetalia Axis Powers
24 episodes first season, second season ongoing
Each episode is 5 minutes.  Great if you have a few minutes of downtime every so often.  It's absolutely hilarious and based on Eurasian political comedy.
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)