News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

Electricity - How much do you save?

Started by Thirdkoopa, March 28, 2010, 04:11:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thirdkoopa

Inspired by the "Earth Hour" Topics.

Personally I'd consider myself a slight bit more of a waster when I was in the US, but I think with the change to Dubai I've lacked in using my main lights until it's about 9 at least. Even then, they get turned off soon and I mainly use it to charge stuff or power my TV. I feel good for helping the earth some more despite the fact that my sister and her husband back at home are probably wasting a jackload of electricity.

So how about you?
[21:11] <mackormoses> let's take a look at today's stats
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> stats today are high
[21:11] <mackormoses> holy intercourse ing poop
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> you adding all these standards
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> is really pushing us [/quote]
Quote from: JrDude φ on May 31, 2010, 08:32:13 PM
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"

Nanako

Well, I use my computer a lot, so to compensate, I never use the lights even though I want to.

Friendly Hostile

If I'm not using something it's generally not turned on.

Nanako

Quote from: Friendly Hostile on March 28, 2010, 04:44:17 PM
If I'm not using something it's generally not turned on.
I never knew how well you could translate this into something sexual...
"I'm turned on, so please use me now"

The Riddler

I'm a huge power waster.
Large TV, Computer, Mini-Fridge, and Lights in my room are almost always on.

L10

I think it's a matter how much I waste. I never turn off my computer, lights always are on, laptop is on when I'm too lazy to turn it off, I leave gaming consoles on all the time....the list can go on and on.
0o!f

2-D

I'm big on saving electricity...

And by that I mean, my mom will beat me if I ever leave the computer on at night D:

K-Cee

I'm horrible. When I'm at home I'm on my computer a lot, and it even stays on when I leave. I haven't been home since last friday, but I can guarantee my computer at home is still running. And at night I HAVE to sleep with the tv and fan on... every single night.
It's weird though because I try to save energy at friends houses. I turn off all of the lights, electronics, and such.

Nanako

Quote from: K-Cee on March 29, 2010, 10:23:59 AM
It's weird though because I try to save energy at friends houses. I turn off all of the lights, electronics, and such.
That's not that weird. It means you were raised to be a proper guest. I am usually pretty lazy, but when I'm a guest at someone's, I work extra hard! Boo-yah!