Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

Fitness and Exercise.

Started by The Riddler, April 03, 2010, 09:48:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Riddler

How often do you exercise?
Do  you work out on a daily basis?
Do you at least get the recommended hour per week of exercise? (If you're still in high school and have at least two gym classes a week, then yes, you do.)
Do you consider yourself fit?

I don't exercise at all, really. I do alot of walking but that's about it. I want to do more, but I don't have the drive to start up, and I have sports-induced asthma that slows me down quite a bit.
I really want to start working out on a daily basis, build up some muscle, some endurance and stamina, I just want to be fit.
If anyone does work out, does anyone have any suggestions on how to get myself to want to work out? Should I ease my way into it or just do it? Etc etc discuss

Doodle

I don't usually do anything big or workout. Just walk around or shoot around some basketballs.
Though I'll usually eat healthy snacks over other things. :o
YEAH

ThePowerOfOne

Dance, Yoga, Pilates, and the occasional push-ups and crunches. I also walk a couple miles on the beach every morning when I walk my dog.

I'm pretty fit, but not super muscley or anything.

The Riddler

Quote from: Doodle on April 03, 2010, 10:09:15 AM
I don't usually do anything big or workout. Just walk around or shoot around some basketballs.
Though I'll usually eat healthy snacks over other things. :o
I probably should have thought of that too.
I eat like poop. I take full advantage of my amazing metabolism, so I eat all the pooptiest foods.

L10

I read the thread title and immediately think of DDR.

How often do I exercise, whenever I feel like playing DDR, which isn't too often but when I do, I play a lot.
Nope, I don't work out on a daily basis.
Do I get an hour per week of exercise? Well, I do usually have at least two gym classes a week, but I get more exercise from walking class to class than I do in gym.
Am I fit? Well, if anything my legs are, other than that though is just nothing. I'm really not that fit at all.
0o!f

Dog Food

I take my dog on a 30 min to an hour long walk after school when it's nice out. And I usually walk home from school on days when I get out early (last period study hall, whoo). Went on a walk a couple days ago with some friends to the cove. Went on a walk with another friend yesterday.

Yep, now that it's nice out I go outside everyday. But otherwise I don't get much exercise. I used to run two miles everyday, but then I stopped. I go hiking on Sundays in the Fall, a little in Winter, and maybe I'll start doing that again after Easter. Not long hikes. Usually 5-10 miles.
I get obsessively manic over things. It's a problem.

Totla

Three hours a day, Monday-Saturday. Rowing is the poop. I'm in amazing shape.

Anarchy_Jas

Lemme tell ya, I ain't afraid to sweat a perm out.

I've pretty much always been active, played soccer until my sophomore year, I did T-Ball when I was in 2nd grade, and I was always running around outside playing tag (and other variations of it). Now I do Tae Kwon Do three days a week now that I've been going to their main school and not just practicing through the park district, and I try to go rock climbing on the Thursdays that I don't have work. If my DDR mats weren't poop atm, I'd be playing that too. I'm not American Gladiator beastly, but yeah, I'm pretty fit.
"I know they hope I fall, but tell 'em winning is my muthaeffin protocol."

Mikoyan

I haven't gone outside in 5 days because of constant studying, so I'm pretty behind on fitness.

Light

I've been doing 30 minutes to an hour on the treadmill every other day for awhile.
Holy crap all my sigs were always poop. Best leave this space alone.

Chris8492

Pretty much going out and running about 6 miles 2 to 4 times a week. I play basketball and football so i have to run and lift constantly. Right now, i'm on varsity golf so mainly i'm lifting right now, but still i have to run.

L10

Quote from: Sh0rTi on April 05, 2010, 07:15:54 PM
Lemme tell ya, I ain't afraid to sweat a perm out.

I've pretty much always been active, played soccer until my sophomore year, I did T-Ball when I was in 2nd grade, and I was always running around outside playing tag (and other variations of it). Now I do Tae Kwon Do three days a week now that I've been going to their main school and not just practicing through the park district, and I try to go rock climbing on the Thursdays that I don't have work. If my DDR mats weren't poop atm, I'd be playing that too. I'm not American Gladiator beastly, but yeah, I'm pretty fit.
You have to get the really expensive mats that have the foam that goes inside. I'm talking like $120 expensive. It'll be worth the money, because if the mat itself breaks, you can buy cheap ones from like gamestop and just tape the expensive foam to the cheap mat.

Don't fall for the metal mat poop, we tried that, broke in a couple of months, but the foam mats have lasted years, and are feet friendly. My brothers' mats/pads still work, and I'm using the foam on my mat from a mat my friend had put holes in.

My friend had also gotten poopty cheap foam mats, and the cheap stuff is well, cheap poop.

[spoiler=Cheap foam vs. Expensive foam]
The good stuff is the one on the bottom[/spoiler]
0o!f

Anarchy_Jas

Quote from: L10 on April 05, 2010, 07:59:22 PM
You have to get the really expensive mats that have the foam that goes inside. I'm talking like $120 expensive. It'll be worth the money, because if the mat itself breaks, you can buy cheap ones from like gamestop and just tape the expensive foam to the cheap mat.

Don't fall for the metal mat poop, we tried that, broke in a couple of months, but the foam mats have lasted years, and are feet friendly. My brothers' mats/pads still work, and I'm using the foam on my mat from a mat my friend had put holes in.

My friend had also gotten poopty cheap foam mats, and the cheap stuff is well, cheap poop.

[spoiler=Cheap foam vs. Expensive foam]
The good stuff is the one on the bottom[/spoiler]

If I had the money, I would already have either a Cobalt Flux, or a really good foam pad. But I'm just a girl that just started working at a White Castle, with way too many other things to save up for. x.x; But I think I still have the foam from the very first mat I had years ago. Maybe I'll try taping my more decent cheap mat to it.
"I know they hope I fall, but tell 'em winning is my muthaeffin protocol."