News:

<+Ice> i have a dildo factory line run by old women in my garage

Main Menu

man, chemistry club is awesome.

Started by Zovistograt, October 09, 2007, 06:20:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zovistograt

So my previous chem teacher (whose name, while totally pwnsome, I cannot say because I respect his privacy) decided to make a chemistry club this year.  I joined because I like him and he promised we'd "blow stuff up", and how can you say no to that?

So last week was the second real meeting (I missed the first :() and we silver-plated an Erlinmeyer flask, among other things.  Today, however, was a lot more fun.  We shot off bottle rockets ^_^.  Our team's rocket was called the "Irwin" after the name that was mysteriously written on a manilla envelope we tore up to make the cone on top.  The Irwin was the most stylish of them all when it came to liftoff, but the Big Al (otherwise known as the Sombrero Ship because of the plastic toy sombrero someone found and put on the top) was the one that delivered the whoas from the passers-by.  It almost got stuck on the roof of the school :)

But one of the most awesome parts of chem club (and strangest) is that it seemed to have attracted the biggest anime-lovers in the entire school, except for a notable few that I will inform.  Two of them, actually, went to an anime/manga convention over the 3-day weekend and decided to wear their cosplay costumes to school :D  One was Hunny from Ouran High and the other was L from Death Note.  I haven't actually seen either but I plan on watching Ouran soon (not interested in Death Note).  There's also someone in there that is as big of a Daft Punk fan as Riosan (omg).

Next week we're going to use hazardous chemicals to make a liquid glowstick.  Awesome.  And coincidentally, this is the same teacher who hosts D&D club every Friday.

So does your school have a chemistry club?
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

sonicdude164

Sweet. And when I first saw the thread title, i thought in my head: NERD

lol jk

Zovistograt

Quote from: KOOLMAN8889 on October 09, 2007, 06:26:00 PM
Sweet. And when I first saw the thread title, i thought in my head: NERD

lol jk
still, most of the ppl in the club are nerds.  The cool kind.
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

ResidentZoidberg

Nope, no Chem club. Unless it was run by someone awesome, there'd be no chance in hell I'd join, either. I want to blow things up, it's been a while.
RESIDENT_ZOIDBERG
Rank Killer Bees 
Date Registered 04-23-2004 09:56 PM
Total Posts 23545