7 (77.8%)
no i heard its poop
0 (0%)
A resounding maybe.
2 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 8

SkyMyl

SO YOU GUYS, METROID OTHER M IS COMING OUT THIS MONTH, AFTER A TWO MONTH DELAY

And personally, I'm stoked. I've heard that pointing the Wii Remote at the screen to go into First Person Mode hasn't been...well received, but we'll find out how it is when Other M actually comes out. And of course, there's the Metroid non-linearity staple. You know, is Other M truly going to be non-linear like the days of old? Or is it really going to be like Fusion?

Enough retarded questions. Vote, discuss, and anticipate Other M.

All right, an August 28th edit. Reviews are out, gameplay details were shared, a leaked version was played, and it seems that it basically isn't all it was hyped to be in the trailers. With that said, let's turn this into a discussion thread for those playing through the game in general, as it comes out in but a few days. Remember, spoilers. There are people who don't want the game spoiled (Me) for themselves.

ThePowerOfOne

Of course i'm buying it. I'm just not too excited about the First Person thing either. Don't you have to do that to scan stuff, which then leaves you totally defenseless?

Cornwad

The controls look really stupid, but I'm going to buy it anyway.

Silverhawk79

I'll buy it...as soon as I finished Metroid Prime 1, 2, and 3.
=/

Gwen Khan

is the bottle ship the only place you explore?

Chaos

Team Ninja = Jiggly boobs. Buying it because of that? No. But buying it because it's a freaking Metroid game. Yes. When I do is the question...

Mystic

I'd buy it if I had the money. Still need to finish Metroid Prime Trilogy anyways.

SkyMyl

Quote from: Gwen Khan on August 11, 2010, 08:13:51 PM
is the bottle ship the only place you explore?
...you know, I actually have no idea, because I'm trying my hardest to not spoil the game for myself.

Rayquarian

I think I'll buy this game eventually.

Kaz

If I could, I'd get it immediately when it's released, but unfortunately, at that time I won't have a Wii to play it on. Normally I mooch off my sisters' Wii but they're moving far away in a week or so. I'll have to wait at least a year to play it.
Quote<+Mithos> My mom grounded me for being gay.

Cornwad

Yikes, Nintendo Power gave it an 8.5 for restricting controls, bad voice acting, and a really confusing story. Nintendo Power gave Corruption a perfect 10 and Hunters an 8.5 from what I remember, so it should be interesting to see what other people have to say about the game.

SkyMyl

Quote from: Cornwad on August 25, 2010, 09:08:53 PM
Yikes, Nintendo Power gave it an 8.5 for restricting controls, bad voice acting, and a really confusing story.
Funny, those were the exact faults I was hoping wouldn't plague the game.

Well, this should be interesting...

Cornwad

And it looks like that 8.5 is the highest review it has so far, the lowest being a 2/5 from G4

Rayquarian

:silversad:

The reviews

Turok

Look, I check reviews on games I'm not sure about. I already decided I was getting Other M a long while ago. My reasoning was this: Team Ninja doesn't make bad games, Nintendo doesn't allow bad games to be made when they are overseeing a project, and I've never played a bad Metroid game.

The only legitimate gripe I've seen so far is the camera is a little slow and/or doesn't show where you want it to all the time. BUT, with auto-aim, this shouldn't really be a problem and isn't.

This looked awesome from day one, I'm not letting someone else's expectations keep me from playing a game.

[spoiler]
QuoteSo is it Capcom JPN or US screwing the PC release over? Both?
QuoteNUKE THEM FROM ORBIT, IT'S THE ONLY WAY TO BE SURE

PC GAMERS

If you don't give us what we want, we'll nuke you from orbit.
[/spoiler]