News:

<Clu> no nsfcd is basically a ghost town, it should be killed behind fences

Main Menu

Farewell...Jane...

Started by The Seventh, August 08, 2010, 09:04:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Seventh

It's a sad night for me...my grandmother had passed away only about an hour before this post.  Please, just give yourself perhaps even a small moment of silence...just to read this.

In a way, it was expected-she had Alzheimers, and as they say, they usually get better before they go...and she was doing rather well.

The weather fits this perfectly-it's raining, and storming...which would have made the mood far more somber hadn't it be the lighting of the Hospice of which we're at.

Speaking of hospice...I'm glad she at least passed in such a nice facility-she was taken care of well, and lived her last days in comfort, good care, and dignity.  She was well liked by the nurses-her bubbliness, her demeanor-really grew on them.

To me, she was always my grandmother-caring, and would always take me to get some chocolate, or see some relatives, or go get a video game when my parents were, say, on a date or something.  It was also nice to have her around with the dog when we were gone-they would keep each other company, playing catch or something along that line.

Unfortunately, what started this was a stroke that happened about two years ago (we suspect that a stroke was a culprit in this-however, it was a big one, seeing as it caused her to pass in only a few minutes-then again, she wasn't exactly at full stregnth, the complications getting to her).  She was forever changed after that stroke...and as time went on, Alzheimers gradually began to take it's toll until about last November, when she went into a nursing home.  Only two weeks later, she was hospitalized for bladder infection.  While she was there, we decided she should go into hospice-and now we are here today...please, mourn this loss...for a fellow NSFCD'er.
meh

Magnum

God, now I feel bad for posting my topic.

I'm sorry. I lost a grandfather last year, who I had recently grown very attached too. I wish you luck in coming out of this.

Oh Vesperia, never change... never change

Silverhawk79

It's always extremely tough to lose a family member, especially grandparents...I've been blessed so far and haven't lost mine, but I wish all the best for you and your family in this trying time.

Macawmoses

I send my regards to you and your family.

RX-78-2

Quote from: Mace on August 08, 2010, 09:39:28 PM
This.

Anyway, I've heard that in times like these, you should think back on the good memories of your grandmother.

Wherever she is, however she is, I wish her well.

Sadly, I lost my grandparents before I was 8. I liked them, but never got the chance to really know them, as my grandparents on my dad's side lived in Florida. I knew my grandmother on my mom's side better though, but she only spoke Spanish. I didn't. My grandfather on my mom's side died before I was born. I wish I knew them all a lot better.
I dunno hao 2 put imgs heer :(

****************Mack was here******************

ThePowerOfOne

The 1 year anniversary of my grandma's death is in a couple days. Actually, she died just 1 hour before the 1 year anniversary of my brother's death.

I'm sorry, and good luck to you and your family. Even though I was really sad after my grandma died (She was probably my favorite of all my relatives), my mom took it the worst since it was her mom. So make sure to also spend time with your mom (Or dad) and make sure they are okay too.

On a slightly unrelated note, my other grandma's name is Jane too.

Kayo

Awww, I'm sorry. *hug*

I lost both of my grandparents on my father's side before I was 7. My grandfather died in 2000 from a heart attack, and my grandmother died a year later. She had emphysema.

I hate to have nothing to say that's different than what was already said, but I wish the best for you and your family. I know this must be tough.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

SkyMyl

Quote from: Mace on August 08, 2010, 09:39:28 PM
This is about all I can really say, without phrasing and padding it differently. I'm sorry, man.

Mystic

I'm sorry. We love you <3

I must say, the day my grandma (who we call Nana actually) is a day I'm terrified of. She has health issues and is 57 right now, and I'm sure she has plenty of years left, but it still scares me. The only person I've ever lost is my one of my uncles, and that was when I was only 5 months old.

The Seventh

Quote from: Phaze on August 09, 2010, 09:21:32 PM
The 1 year anniversary of my grandma's death is in a couple days. Actually, she died just 1 hour before the 1 year anniversary of my brother's death.

I'm sorry, and good luck to you and your family. Even though I was really sad after my grandma died (She was probably my favorite of all my relatives), my mom took it the worst since it was her mom. So make sure to also spend time with your mom (Or dad) and make sure they are okay too.

On a slightly unrelated note, my other grandma's name is Jane too.
My mom took it the worst as well-especially since we had been living with her for the most part of the last sixteen years.  I must say, if I wasn't on my anti-depressants, I'd be an emotional wreck right now.  During the service I was sitting by my best friend, and I had a few moments where I nearly went and cried on his shoulder.
Quote from: Mystic on August 12, 2010, 08:59:10 AM
I'm sorry. We love you <3

I must say, the day my grandma (who we call Nana actually) is a day I'm terrified of. She has health issues and is 57 right now, and I'm sure she has plenty of years left, but it still scares me. The only person I've ever lost is my one of my uncles, and that was when I was only 5 months old.
Yeah...I never really thought that she'd die quite yet...she was tough, I'll say that for sure.

For instance-she had arthritis in one of her knees bad enough that'd normally cause too much pain to make someone walk-yet she would stubbornly walk on.  She survived a stroke with comparatively minimal consequences that'd make someone what we'd call a 'vegetable'; i.e. they're unable to do much.

But, alas...at least she isn't suffering anymore from the limitations her Alzheimers had given her-she was bedridden for a while, and went through a stomach ulcer.
meh

RX-78-2

Quote from: Mystic on August 12, 2010, 08:59:10 AM
I must say, the day my grandma (who we call Nana actually) is a day I'm terrified of. She has health issues and is 57 right now, and I'm sure she has plenty of years left
The day your grandma what?

Also, your grandma's age is within three years of both of my parents. WHAT? Well, hopefully they all have plenty of years left.

Mystic

Quote from: RX-78-2 on August 13, 2010, 07:17:59 PM
The day your grandma what?

Also, your grandma's age is within three years of both of my parents. WHAT? Well, hopefully they all have plenty of years left.
Smart ass, you know what I meant D:

Also, lol old parents. My mom is 38, my dad is 37.

RX-78-2

No, I was being serious. I didn't know what you meant. Looking at it now, I suspect that the missing word is "dies." What a terrible assumption you've made. =(

Also, lol young parents. Depending on the demographics though, that's mostly a good thing.

Mystic

RX-78-2