News:

<Clu> no nsfcd is basically a ghost town, it should be killed behind fences

Main Menu

On the subject of Other M

Started by SkyMyl, August 31, 2010, 03:28:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you think of Samus's power suit's new aesthetics?

It's pretty cool.
0 (0%)
Eh, it's okay.
2 (100%)
Doesn't really appeal to me.
0 (0%)
This matters?
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

SkyMyl

Well, since Other M is out and this board could use one more topic before it goes away (FUCK YOU ALL WITH YOUR APATHY), I've got one more question, towards Samus's appearance. No, not like that.

I mean, Samus got a redesign in Other M, and not just her physical appearance herself ("beauty mark", anyone?), but her Power Suit. The suit is trimmed down, much sleeker than how it used to look. My question is, do you like the new aesthetic of the power suit? If you don't get what I mean, have two pictures for comparison. Me, I'm somewhere in between "kind of cool" to "not as good as the original Varia Suit".

Cornwad

I liked the old one better, but the new suit is good. The new gravity suit sucks.

SkyMyl

Quote from: Cornwad on August 31, 2010, 04:11:20 PM
The new gravity suit sucks.
Don't think of it as a Gravity Suit, but think of it more like the Gravity Boost from Prime 2, which was just an add-on to Samus's current suit.

...but considering Samus had the Gravity Suit at the end of Super Metroid, along with EVERYTHING ELSE, it can't really be thought of that way.

Kaz

Quote from: SkyMyl on August 31, 2010, 04:17:39 PM
...but considering Samus had the Gravity Suit at the end of Super Metroid, along with EVERYTHING ELSE, it can't really be thought of that way.

Samus has been inexplicably losing suits and upgrades the entire series. Don't tell me you hadn't noticed before.
Quote<+Mithos> My mom grounded me for being gay.

Cornwad

Quote from: Kaz on August 31, 2010, 04:53:09 PM
Samus has been inexplicably losing suits and upgrades the entire series. Don't tell me you hadn't noticed before.
Well yeah, but this game comes up with the stupid clearance thing just because they didn't think it would make sense for Samus to just lose all of her abilities. Why would she just lose the Gravity Suit? To be fair though, she doesn't have the gravity suit in the flashback with Mother Brain, so I guess they're just pretending it never existed in the first place.