News:

<Clu> no nsfcd is basically a ghost town, it should be killed behind fences

Main Menu

'Study Music'

Started by Eizweir, September 22, 2010, 03:04:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eizweir

Just curious, what music (if any) do you have playing when you're trying to study?  I play some classical piano or some soft instrumentals.  Maybe some soft rock.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/xluxaeternax

formerly: Marth Xero, Xero, Roy Khan, Diego Armando, Lux Aeterna, and more I forget it was like 11 years ago jeeze

Macawmoses

I can use a mix of music. Instrumentals can be nice, but they need some life to them. One of my favourites is Bramble Blast. Just a great song for all things.

However, studying drains me. Thus, music with lively riffs is required for me. It's actually believed that when doing writing/etc music can interfere, be it instrumental or screamo, but I'm not so sure. To me, music acts as white noise - thus, the "background" part of my mind focuses solely on the music, rather than on the door opening, birds chirping, sound of cars driving by, etc. As a result, I'm more focused.

StarWindWizard7

Silence is very much so Golden.

Mystic

Light

Either my instrumental music playlist (classical plus some movie soundtrack stuff) or some soft rock/indie rock (Ra Ra Riot, Death Cab, etc).
Holy crap all my sigs were always poop. Best leave this space alone.

ThePowerOfOne

Usually I'll just put my iPod in my iHome and put it on shuffle.

Homewrecker

Anything with a solid beat. Hip hop really works.

Silverhawk79

Whatever I feel like, but I usually end up with old Modest Mouse.

Rayquarian

I have my TV playing in the background as white noise while I study.  Silence is probably best for me, though, lately.

RX-78-2

Quote from: Mace on September 22, 2010, 03:26:02 PM
I can use a mix of music. Instrumentals can be nice, but they need some life to them. One of my favourites is Bramble Blast. Just a great song for all things.

However, studying drains me. Thus, music with lively riffs is required for me. It's actually believed that when doing writing/etc music can interfere, be it instrumental or screamo, but I'm not so sure. To me, music acts as white noise - thus, the "background" part of my mind focuses solely on the music, rather than on the door opening, birds chirping, sound of cars driving by, etc. As a result, I'm more focused.
I can agree with this.

Also, who does "Bramble Blast?"

I usually listen to whatever I want. When I want to listen to music, I base my choice on mood over purpose, although purpose comes chronologically first, obviously.
I dunno hao 2 put imgs heer :(

****************Mack was here******************

Homewrecker

Cornwad

Themes from TV shows like Hawaii Five-O and the A-Team, surf music, and television. You know, all the normal stuff.

If I ever listen to music while focused on doing something else, then most of the time I'll barely notice the music. Though some times I'll focus too much on the music.
...̅̅̅

BOREDFOREVER

None.  I like it quiet.