News:

Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

The Memetic Race

Started by Dog Food, October 29, 2010, 08:17:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dog Food

I got bored, so I came up with a quick game that you can choose to play or not, doesn't matter. Although I suggest you play. Because why not? Let's see who's best at cracking the code. This should be a relatively easy one, too. And if you like them and participate, I'll make more detailed ones in the future.

There are three clues hidden somewhere on the internet (clues =/= hints). Each clue will lead you to another clue, until you reach the last one. The final clue will allude to the answer. The answer is a word, and when PMing me that word it must be in all CAPS with a period at the end.

I might give hints periodically to help aide you in your search. You can use this as a discussion thread so I can see how you are doing, or answer questions if you have any, so I can give hints when necessary.

Without further ado... The game begins.
I get obsessively manic over things. It's a problem.

SkyMyl

This is a neat idea and all, but the internet is a vast place with a vast pool of topics, subjects, and categories. How are we going to know what the answer is without having anything to narrow it down to start us off? Otherwise it's just a wild goose chase, not unlike a similar event in the past. (THE GAME IS AFOOT)

Dog Food

Quote from: SkyMyl on October 29, 2010, 08:28:19 PM
This is a neat idea and all, but the internet is a vast place with a vast pool of topics, subjects, and categories. How are we going to know what the answer is without having anything to narrow it down to start us off? Otherwise it's just a wild goose chase, not unlike a similar event in the past. (THE GAME IS AFOOT)
Oh, I know. That's what hints are for.

But the first clue should advertise itself for certain people. That's why I'm giving this some time before I start hinting as to where to start looking. I'm hoping at least one person will find the clue without even having to know about this race first.

...And I guess the above is a pretty good clue in itself. So there you go, have a free hint.

Matt

Humph, a possible reason to start posting again when I saw that first clue.

Dog Food

Quote from: Matt on October 29, 2010, 09:29:09 PM
Humph, a possible reason to start posting again when I saw that first clue.
:3

Glad to see someone's found it already. Keep on updating me with where you guys are at so I know when and where to give hints.

Neerb

How does this even work? We're supposed to follow one clue to the other across the internet... with no knowledge of where each one may be or what it may entail? Maybe I just don't get it, but as far as I can tell, you've just given us pool of a billion different marbles and said "Find 3 of them; I won't say which ones they are."

Dog Food

Quote from: Neerb on October 31, 2010, 11:49:37 AM
How does this even work? We're supposed to follow one clue to the other across the internet... with no knowledge of where each one may be or what it may entail? Maybe I just don't get it, but as far as I can tell, you've just given us pool of a billion different marbles and said "Find 3 of them; I won't say which ones they are."
I also said I'd give hints. And since the first clue is linked to NSFCD, for those who are savvy with the site should have been sent the clue. That's why I said I wouldn't be as forthcoming with hints on this first one.

But here's a huge hint that will give it away: YouTube.

Kayo

So remember guys. It's not like Afoot where Mack could edit anything and everything, including other users' sigs, etc.

What I'm saying is, we only have to look places KJ can put things. Depending on how much she actually put on NSFCD itself.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Dog Food

And to be even more helpful, here's a hint!

Hint: The second clue is on NSFCD.

Kayo

Quote from: Poet Laureate on November 03, 2010, 01:39:12 PM
And to be even more helpful, here's a hint!

Hint: The second clue is on NSFCD.
BECAUSE THAT TOTALLY HELPS.

Depends on if I read the first clue right.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Silverhawk79

Dog Food

Here's another major hint. It's basically an explanation of the first clue. There were two important things you should have gotten out of it.

1. Me
2. The number on the shirt.

Put those two together, and you should find the next clue somewhere on this site.

Kayo

holy intercourse ing crap.

Found the clue. but it makes no sense. And I won't spoil it. Everyone else, find it yourself.
[move][/move]

Dog Food

Quote from: Kianglo on November 04, 2010, 06:47:35 PM
holy intercourse ing crap.

Found the clue. but it makes no sense. And I won't spoil it. Everyone else, find it yourself.
Congrats! I'll give you some time to think it over and maybe get at least an idea or possible lead before I spoil you with hints.

Neerb

Yeah, I found the first two, but I'm having trouble with the third one... I'm looking, though...