News:

<+Clu> im 100% nigga

Main Menu

Cave Story for WiiWare receives its well-deserved patch...and more info

Started by DededeCloneChris, November 29, 2010, 06:49:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DededeCloneChris

You might haven't noticed, but Nicalis was so kind in giving us the patch that Cave Story for WiiWare needed so badly ever since last October. The patch itself fixes several things. Here's a small list.

•Menu screen cleaned up: No longer "glitchy rotating selection" and instead a more traditional 2D layout as expected.
•Extra modes are now locked until conditions fulfilled.
•Remixed music significantly improved. Drumbeats make a huge difference!
•Sound mixing fixed. Raining EXP drops are no longer deafening to the ears.
•Map screen no longer covers the entire screen with black. Instead it overlays the map on top of the play.
•Script: "Examinate further" has been corrected to "Examine further".
•The GameCube Controller can now be used along with the other control schemes.

So, if you were tuned out by your copy, if you still have it plaguing your channels, erase it, download it again from the shop channel, and enjoy the true Cave Story you wanted to have. ;)

...In other news, the game was recently released for DSiWare today. Discuss. :D

Jhen Mohran

These updates really help fix some of the issues I had with this port, ze. I wasn't expectin' a DSiWare release, too. Is it just the original Cave Story downloadable, or does it have the bonus features that the WiiWare release adds?

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Marisa on November 29, 2010, 09:05:13 PM
These updates really help fix some of the issues I had with this port, ze. I wasn't expectin' a DSiWare release, too. Is it just the original Cave Story downloadable, or does it have the bonus features that the WiiWare release adds?
It has the updates of its WiiWare counterpart.