News:

<+Ice> i have a dildo factory line run by old women in my garage

Main Menu

Activision may shut down PSN servers for Black Ops

Started by The Riddler, January 19, 2011, 06:16:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Riddler

http://gamepolitics.com/2011/01/18/activision-ps3-black-ops-player-shutting-down-psn-servers-option

What's your take on this? Should a company have the right to shut it's servers down at any time, based on  "Online Gameplay may change at any time"? Call of Duty is riddled with hackers and exploitations for Playstation players, and due to the nature of PSN, not much can be done about it. Players and Activision are frustrated, and they can't find much else to do.

Shujinco2

LOL'd

PS3 fanboys will rage horrendously hard.

It only goes to show the best system ever is

The super nintendo.

DededeCloneChris

Ignoring the guy above me, just how many PS3 Black Ops players exist? I thought the Xbox360 had more players than the PS3 does. The service isn't going to close down forever, right? If so, then it's understandable that they call pull off something like that. It might even give Black Ops fanatics a rest from playing the game.

Shujinco2

Quote from: WaterAdeptChris on January 19, 2011, 06:30:03 PM
Ignoring the guy above me, just how many PS3 Black Ops players exist? I thought the Xbox360 had more players than the PS3 does. The service isn't going to close down forever, right? If so, then it's understandable that they call pull off something like that. It might even give Black Ops fanatics a rest from playing the game.
Even if there is more XBox live players, there is STILL a lot of PSN players.

I do hope it will come back up though. The only people I know with Black Ops are PS3 owners.

Custom

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

DededeCloneChris

Neerb

I've never owned a Call of Duty game, but Activision seems to be getting worse at every turn, and there will definitely be lots of people ticked off at this if it's permanent. Then again, this is Call of Duty; the next one will probably be out in a matter of months, and then there will be no reason to play Black Ops anyway.

Magnum

Quote from: Cecil Harvey on January 19, 2011, 06:16:27 PM
http://gamepolitics.com/2011/01/18/activision-ps3-black-ops-player-shutting-down-psn-servers-option

What's your take on this? Should a company have the right to shut it's servers down at any time, based on  "Online Gameplay may change at any time"? Call of Duty is riddled with hackers and exploitations for Playstation players, and due to the nature of PSN, not much can be done about it. Players and Activision are frustrated, and they can't find much else to do.
Bull.
How many hackers are on the X-Box? They have the resources to do something about it, they just aren't.
Just because PS3 got hacked to hell after that last update doesn't mean anything.

Oh Vesperia, never change... never change

Jhen Mohran

There's plenty of hackers elsewhere. I don't think it's really worth shuttin' down the PSN servers.

Custom

Quote from: WaterAdeptChris on January 19, 2011, 07:39:41 PM
I'm guessing you're an Xbox360 player.

i play on 360 and pc but this online really isn't that great and can be lived without
i wish they shut down the online for everyone
that way my faggot friends wouldn't keep inviting me to stupid black ops games when i'm trying to enjoy real games

Quote from: Sin Jecht on January 20, 2011, 08:58:07 AM
Bull.
How many hackers are on the X-Box? They have the resources to do something about it, they just aren't.
Just because PS3 got hacked to hell after that last update doesn't mean anything.

barely any
the 360 is almost clean except for the stupid glitch that came out that lets you unlock all the golden guns and poop
that's not hacking though, that's just unlocking things the game gives you before you reach the required rank to unlock them

Super

Neerb

Quote from: Superccini Koolfredo on January 21, 2011, 09:39:18 AM
Xbox fanboys are the worst kind of people.

Only because most of them are jerks who say that anything besides Call of Duty and sports games is for toddlers.
Oh, and those annoying 11 year-olds who curse people out and call everything "gay" on Xbox Live.

Shujinco2

Quote from: Neerb on January 21, 2011, 10:49:41 AM
Only because most of them are jerks who say that anything besides Call of Duty and sports games is for toddlers.
Oh, and those annoying 11 year-olds who curse people out and call everything "gay" on Xbox Live.
The noobs. Everybody knows Serious Sam is the best FPS franchise.

ON THE PS2! UMAD FANBOYS?

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Tiger Barb on January 21, 2011, 12:46:33 PM
The noobs. Everybody knows Serious Sam is the best FPS franchise.

ON THE PS2! UMAD FANBOYS?
Of course, we don't need to exagerate either. That's just sad.

Custom

Quote from: Neerb on January 21, 2011, 10:49:41 AM

you should learn how to deal with them it's quite an easy process
xbox fanboys are the best because they are trolled so easily