News:

UH SOMETHING BROKE HANG ON

Main Menu

New Nintendo Console announced?

Started by Mutilator7, April 14, 2011, 06:58:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FruitFlow

I read that entire article already.
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

Silverhawk79

Quote from: FruitFlow on April 30, 2011, 02:16:05 AM
I read that entire article already.
It's uh. A podcast.
ALSO WHY DID YOU EDIT OUT THE HAWKWARD PART.

FruitFlow

"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

Tupin

There's a rumor it only has 8GB of flash memory and no hard drive, but the discs hold 25GB.

It really needs a hard drive. Especially all with these lazy companies that just want to port 360 games...

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

FruitFlow

I pray to God that it's false.
No Hard Drive would mean no demo downloading/DLC. Which is something big the Wii really lacked.

Cornwad

I saw someone say something that made sense. Since it might be called the Stream and if this lack of hardrive is true, the new Nintendo console might be a cloud kind of thing that lets you stream content off the internet. You wouldn't need a whole lot of space other than what's on the disc, because the rest would be online.

I still want a hard drive.

Neerb

Quote from: Cornwad on May 03, 2011, 03:02:23 PM
I saw someone say something that made sense. Since it might be called the Stream and if this lack of hardrive is true, the new Nintendo console might be a cloud kind of thing that lets you stream content off the internet. You wouldn't need a whole lot of space other than what's on the disc, because the rest would be online.

I still want a hard drive.

That sounds like suck. I want to be able to play my games when I don't have internet. Or am I reading that wrong?

I want a freaking respectable console, with hard drive and good graphics and internet and dlc and all that stuff.

Nayrman

Sorry, but it needs and HDD. Even if discs can hold 25GB, it basically means no DLC. If your internet connection sucks, good luck playing any add-ons for games. Hopefully it isn't true, especially with the price of minimal memory being ridiculously cheap. (Seriously, I can get 100GB of memory for very little at the right shops. Memory should NOT be an issue in this day and age).

We'll see come June...

Cornwad

Quote from: Neerb on May 03, 2011, 04:42:17 PM
That sounds like suck. I want to be able to play my games when I don't have internet. Or am I reading that wrong?

I want a freaking respectable console, with hard drive and good graphics and internet and dlc and all that stuff.
I think the idea is that you'd be able to get the content on the disc when offline, but everything else would be streamed from a Nintendo server. It's probably false though.

Tupin

Cloud based gaming would be cool, but would probably limit markets, which Nintendo doesn't like to do.

Nintendo has done crazier things, motion control seemed so strange when it was first announced. In a little more than a month, we'll know.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Maybe this time they'll have a hard drive accessory or the ability to use external hard drives or thumb drives.
...̅̅̅

FruitFlow

I agree with Nayr.
Not everyone has a perfect connection.

Mutilator7

Quote from: Live In Stereo on May 03, 2011, 07:25:32 PM
Maybe this time they'll have a hard drive accessory or the ability to use external hard drives or thumb drives.

Yeah, the Wii had two USB ports and you couldn't use them to store channels and game saves, only the SD card.

The only thing it was good for was USB Loaders and Homebrew shenanigans.

Silverhawk79

Quote from: Mutilator7 on May 08, 2011, 07:29:51 PM
Yeah, the Wii had two USB ports and you couldn't use them to store channels and game saves, only the SD card.

We can only hope.

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Mutilator7 on May 08, 2011, 07:29:51 PM

It looked like as if Nintendo was begging hackers to do anything with the console.