News:

<Clu> no nsfcd is basically a ghost town, it should be killed behind fences

Main Menu

New Nintendo Console announced?

Started by Mutilator7, April 14, 2011, 06:58:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tupin

It's apparently called Project Cafe.

With a six inch screen, it would be hard to use a stylus, I wonder if it's capacitive. I want good online, I don't care if I have to pay for it.

Demos and a hard drive please, Nintendo. It is going to be in HD for sure, but I hope it's more powerful than current systems. American developers won't develop for it if they can't have similar power.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Shujinco2

Quote from: Cornwad on April 15, 2011, 02:57:12 PM
Did anyone see the info coming from the people who leaked the NGP?

-Custom IBM PowerPC CPU with three cores
-GPU from the ATI R700 family with a shader unit at version 4.1
-At least 512Mb of RAM
-Backwards compatibility with both the Wii (including all peripherals) and GameCube games
-Controller with six-inch touch screen, front-facing camera, D-Pad, two bumpers, two triggers and "possibly more"
-Controller can allegedly be used as a Wii sensor bar.
-Another "big surprise" about the console is set to be revealed at E3
T-T

My dream: it is REALITY!

FruitFlow

I'm beginning to want this more than the 3DS now.
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

JrDude

So, Gamecube and Wii, those are the names Nintendo has come up with (the others are easy to think of names). Guesses on this one?
[move][/move]
Dude .

FruitFlow

I'm curious as to what color this will be.
Not that'll affect me getting it or not.
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

Cornwad

Quote from: JrDude 益 on April 15, 2011, 05:45:19 PM
So, Gamecube and Wii, those are the names Nintendo has come up with (the others are easy to think of names). Guesses on this one?
It'll probably have something about connecting or sharing or something. Cafe makes me think of a place where a lot of people get together. Maybe gamecenter?

The Riddler

Quote from: Tiger Barb on April 15, 2011, 07:44:28 AM
All I'm saying is, they better have Gamecube backwards compatability. Because if there is not...
If it's not, what would you do?

It's two generations later. You can't really expect that much.

Cornwad

There probably will be though. Apparently the controller works like a gamecube controller.

Zero

Quote from: Cornwad on April 15, 2011, 09:01:27 PM
There probably will be though. Apparently the controller works like a gamecube controller.

Well at least Nintendo seems to know that the Gamecube controller is the poop

FruitFlow

I honestly preferred playing ToS: Dawn of the New World with the GC controller.

Neerb

Quote from: Cornwad on April 15, 2011, 02:57:12 PM
Did anyone see the info coming from the people who leaked the NGP?

-Custom IBM PowerPC CPU with three cores
-GPU from the ATI R700 family with a shader unit at version 4.1
-At least 512Mb of RAM
-Backwards compatibility with both the Wii (including all peripherals) and GameCube games
-Controller with six-inch touch screen, front-facing camera, D-Pad, two bumpers, two triggers and "possibly more"
-Controller can allegedly be used as a Wii sensor bar.

-Another "big surprise" about the console is set to be revealed at E3

... derp says herp? How the heck would you even hold such a controller?

Also, I know nothing real about technology, so... what exactly does that 512 Mb of RAM mean?

Mutilator7

EDIT: Cornwad already got the info on the technical aspects.  Ah, nevermind, Tupin got the name.

That is one heck of a controller. The name "Cafe" makes me think of, something unusual i don't know. I guess E3 will hold some nice surprises.

FruitFlow

Custom

Quote from: OshawottTrainerChris on April 14, 2011, 07:42:03 PM
People... Haven't you learned yet?

You can't spell IGNorance without IGN.

haven't you learned?
nintendo releases new poop all the time and the wii is long overdue for an update

also i'm probably not going to buy this one.

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

FruitFlow

Quote from: Custom on April 16, 2011, 02:21:40 PM
haven't you learned?
nintendo releases new poop all the time and the wii is long overdue for an update
I actually agree.
It's been months since we've gotten any "real" updates, and the recent ones we've received were only for killing Homebrew (Which still manages to bypass the "updates").
The Wii had dozens of potential, and people we're only trying to experience these exploits, but Nintendo being the stubborn company they are continues with the whole "shutting you down/we're doing everything right" gimmick.
It's not like people are making a profit off of this.