News:

<+Clu> Silverhawk79 is just wrong for me

Main Menu

New Nintendo Console announced?

Started by Mutilator7, April 14, 2011, 06:58:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cornwad

Not to mention that the rumors didn't originate from IGN in the first place.

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Cornwad on April 16, 2011, 05:47:58 PM
Not to mention that the rumors didn't originate from IGN in the first place.
Ooh, me likes this.

Forget about what I said before. I think it's time to see a new console.

FruitFlow

Nintendo has been needing a new console by now.
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

MoS

Let's hope they at least have half a brain and get rid of friend codes.

FruitFlow

It should be at least PS360/3DS styled.
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

Custom

Quote from: M҉̨͠O̵͟S̡҉̸͠͏ on April 16, 2011, 11:26:06 PM
Let's hope they at least have half a brain and get rid of friend codes.

they didn't with the 3ds
why change?

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

FruitFlow

FCs seem to be the only thing Nintendo will never change.

Cornwad

The one thing I'm hoping for is achievements. It's about time Nintendo got them.

FruitFlow

I suggested Achievements a while back, but a few people argued them to be pointless.
I honestly would love to see Nintendo come up with something like that.

Microsoft has Achievements.
Sony has Trophies.
So maybe Nintendo could go for Medals?

Custom

Quote from: FruitFlow on April 17, 2011, 10:13:24 AM
I suggested Achievements a while back, but a few people argued them to be pointless.
I honestly would love to see Nintendo come up with something like that.

Microsoft has Achievements.
Sony has Trophies.
So maybe Nintendo could go for Medals?

you have to remember that people on this forum are blind nintendo fanboys (hi chris and that other guy with the huge brawl FAIL sig) that refuse to believe they'd every do anything wrong
achievements aren't pointless, they give you more insensitive to go back and play a game and enjoy it for what it's worth. they give you a reason to explore every little corner of a game. they're also just added fun. people that don't want achievements just don't like playing games. if they truly went and 100%ed games for fun they would earn every achievement anyway, so why not just intercourse ing accept them?

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Neerb

Achievements are awesome. Trophies suck.

dawnwolfNxhoj

hold up, what kinda console is this topic about exactly? It sounds like we're switching off from handheld to home console somewhere  D:

FruitFlow

Quote from: Custom on April 17, 2011, 10:55:59 AM
you have to remember that people on this forum are blind nintendo fanboys (hi chris and that other guy with the huge brawl FAIL sig) that refuse to believe they'd every do anything wrong
achievements aren't pointless, they give you more insensitive to go back and play a game and enjoy it for what it's worth. they give you a reason to explore every little corner of a game. they're also just added fun. people that don't want achievements just don't like playing games. if they truly went and 100%ed games for fun they would earn every achievement anyway, so why not just intercourse ing accept them?

Exactly.
Achievements are nothing more than an "optional" route.
None of the games are forcing you to clear each and every one of them. They're just the icing on the cake, giving you wider options during your playthrough.

The same could be said for the Smash series. You don't need to unlock all of the characters/stages or acquire all 200 (if not 300) trophies in the game in order to beat it. That's just additional content that was thrown in the game to give players a better reason to extend their game play duration.

Just as with any other game that has "unlockables".

I got 200% in DKCR, and was severely disappointed with the fact that I got nothing out of it, other than more artwork. (Oh, the repetitiveness)

I thought to myself: "Hey, maybe if I complete the game with 200% I'll unlock something awesome. Perhaps maybe a "Hero Mode" like in the GBA DKC port where you only play as Diddy Kong".
So 2 weeks later I succeed with it, but don't get jack from it. What a joke.
At least give me a "Congratulations" screen.

That's the only reason I even bothered to attempt it.
So getting 200% in this game is pretty much worthless.

Other than that, the game was pretty good.

But really "almost" everyone that owns/played Wii has been wanting an Achievements System for the past year, and we still haven't gotten it.

Out of all the recent and useless updates Nintendo has given us they couldn't even bother to implement this into one?
Such a shame.

DededeCloneChris

Well, if we're being very judgmental, you're clearly a "blind nintendo fanboy" because you stick with Nintendo one way or another.

Silverhawk79

they give you more insensitive to go back and play a game and enjoy it for what it's worth.
insensitive
Ha.