Seth Macfarlane rebooting the Flintstones

Started by The Riddler, May 16, 2011, 09:55:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JrDude

[move][/move]
Dude .

...̅̅̅

Nayrman

And so Seth will make another unfunny primetime animated sitcom where random jokes and stupid humor run rampant while not contributing anything story or character in an animated medium. Only this time he'll be ruining an old classic instead of his own "unique" (i.e. copied himself twice) brand of puke.

Jhen Mohran

I can't quite place the feelin', but I think nearly every reboot of The Flintstones would be a flop, ze.

Silverhawk79

The Riddler

Quote from: Nayrman on May 17, 2011, 10:41:35 AM
And so Seth will make another unfunny primetime animated sitcom where random jokes and stupid humor run rampant while not contributing anything story or character in an animated medium. Only this time he'll be ruining an old classic instead of his own "unique" (i.e. copied himself twice) brand of puke.
Clearly someone who doesn't actually watch his shows.

SkyMyl

Neerb

Quote from: Riddler21 on May 17, 2011, 09:48:02 PM
Clearly someone who doesn't actually watch his shows.

No, just clearly someone who doesn't actually like his shows; I'd say that description of Macfarlane's shows is fairly accurate.

Granted, Macfarlane probably won't apply his "style" so harshly since The Flintstones is a classic, not to mention family-friendly, cartoon; however, I have very very little confidence that this will end up well.

Macawmoses

How is the Flintstones different from Family Guy? It's an unlikeable fat man with a red-headed wife.

The Riddler

Quote from: Neerb on May 18, 2011, 10:05:53 AM
No, just clearly someone who doesn't actually like his shows; I'd say that description of Macfarlane's shows is fairly accurate.

Granted, Macfarlane probably won't apply his "style" so harshly since The Flintstones is a classic, not to mention family-friendly, cartoon; however, I have very very little confidence that this will end up well.
Aside from the family structure, I'm curious as to how you'd compare Family Guy with American Dad.

Homewrecker

the flinstones was intercourse ing awful to begin with

like 99% of the things hanna barbera shat out

Silverhawk79

Quote from: Homewrecker on May 18, 2011, 07:30:27 PM

Agree with this.

Magnum

Never liked the Flinstones, and Seth is bad more than half the time.

Oh Vesperia, never change... never change

The Riddler

Quote from: Homewrecker on May 18, 2011, 07:30:27 PM

Gay.
Quote from: Silverhawk79 on May 18, 2011, 08:26:42 PM
Agree with this.
Gay.
Quote from: Magnum the Magical Pony on May 31, 2011, 03:10:14 PM
Never liked the Flinstones
Gay.