News:

<Clu> no nsfcd is basically a ghost town, it should be killed behind fences

Main Menu

Can you sing in Japanese?

Started by Mystic, October 13, 2007, 01:40:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mystic

And I mean without looking at the lyrics.

I can  :)

HeroOfTimeO0

Since I don't speak it, no, I can't sing it.

_Ichimaru_Gin_

blue_slime

Some children's songs that I remember I can sing a bit still.

Tao Atlas

Only a few anime openings and some Jpop, but only because of memory.

Rosti LFC

Singing in Japanese is just remembering the phonetics unless you're fluent in Japanese.

I've performed Rammstein's Sonne with my band. That sort of half counts, because I was remembering the German, but used the English translation to help me learn it.

Light

Quote from: _Ichimaru_Gin_ on October 13, 2007, 06:54:28 PM
Some songs I can.
Same here. The easiest song for me to sing is most of "Kanashimi wo Yasashisani". *Holds up flame shield* But right now, I'm trying to learn most of L'Arc~en~Ciel's songs from the album AWAKE.
Holy crap all my sigs were always poop. Best leave this space alone.

FearItself

I can't without sounding the words out first. xP

I can sing in Spanish though, even though I don't speak it. I sing to Cheetah Girls 2 songs easily. xDD

Tahrann

I have a friend that can sing in korean, but other than that, no
Puts the lotion on the skin or it gets the hose again!

Friendly Hostile

You can learn to sing any song in almost any language if you listen to it enough.  You just have no idea what the hell you're singing about.

7Deadly$ins

Yeah, I can. And anyways, to all of the people saying that it's just memorization and stuff, a LOT of people learn Japanese/English or any other language through songs. Furthermore, it does wonders for your pronunciation.

Just getting that out there.
http://z6.invisionfree.com/BatenKaitos

The biggest Baten Kaitos forum in existence; join today~!

GIDDS14

No, but I can sing songs in German!  Mainly children songs, but still... it's nice to know more than one language since you've lived in so many places!

"Grun grun grun grun alle meine kleider...."  One of the more annoying German songs I remember.

PsychoYoshi

Depends on your definition of "sing". I could pronounce the phrases just fine, simply because I've taken a crapload of Asian history courses and I've learned how to say many a crazy Japanese name, but I wouldn't have a clue as to what I was singing.

HeroOfTimeO0

Quote from: 7Deadly$ins on October 14, 2007, 04:09:37 PM
Yeah, I can. And anyways, to all of the people saying that it's just memorization and stuff, a LOT of people learn Japanese/English or any other language through songs. Furthermore, it does wonders for your pronunciation.

Just getting that out there.

Yeah I've heard that. It'd be awesome if I could do that. :D

Tsu