News:

<Clu> no nsfcd is basically a ghost town, it should be killed behind fences

Main Menu

Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass(DS)

Started by Transient Link, October 14, 2007, 09:09:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Transient Link

STORY
 The legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass takes place after the Wind Waker. The basic story is Tetra and Link are searching for a ghost ship on the high seas when one day they finally find it and tetra gets kidnapped. Link tries to go after her but falls into the ocean only to be woken up on and island by a fairy.The story is fluid and interesting but you will find the game itself very repetative.

GAMEPLAY
   Phantom Hourglass is your run-of-the-mill zelda game. It doesnt offer anything to special or new and to the zelda vetran the game couldnt be easier. Over all the puzzles are fun and challengeing to a less apt zelda player. PH uses the touch screen for almost everything and the fight system is very good. Swings of your sword and aiming with your bow couldnt be more fluid, developers did very well in this catagory.  PH does very well in the items department implamenting touch screen usage very well for each item. From using your grapling hook to latch on to far off objects, or aiming at a target with your bow gameplay is a very enjoyable experiance.

GAME FLOW
Flowing of the story over all is the same as most others. Theres 3 dungons then something happens where you need go to more. Like I said before this game is very repatative.

CHALLENGES
Minigames are quite challengeing and enjoyable and bosses were a joy to battle. Though once you found there weaknesses they were too easy. It was still an enjoyable experiance.

VERDICT
  PH is very fun and challenging for the newer zelda comers but for the vetrans this game is DEFFINATLY a rental,but still should be played nonetheless.

I give PH a 8.5/10

Triforce_Luigi

Weren't you the one that said you hated it or something?

Transient Link

Quote from: Triforce_Luigi on October 14, 2007, 09:51:36 AM
No I liked it you must be thinking of someone else.

Daft Pink

Quote from: MARLUXIA on October 14, 2007, 10:09:22 AM
Quote from: Triforce_Luigi on October 14, 2007, 09:51:36 AM
No I liked it you must be thinking of someone else.
I think that he means how you were dissapointed that Phantom Hourglass was 3D, and that there would never be any portable or any 2D Zelda games anymore.

Transient Link

ok but no thats not even close to it :| it was just to easy and repetative. Still a good game though

SKELATO

Needs to be looooooonnnngggeeeerrrr....... but good job!  ;)