News:

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

Main Menu

does anyone actually see WiiU being successful?

Started by The Riddler, January 07, 2012, 06:25:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hero_of_Darkness

Neerb

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on April 10, 2012, 03:40:22 PM
No, I mean would you buy it at that price?

People bought 360 at that price.
And then they all had to buy another one.

Zero

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on April 10, 2012, 03:40:22 PM
No, I mean would you buy it at that price?

I'm still on the fence about it. Abandoning traditional controller support is a really really bad move on Nintendo's part.

For me to buy a Wii U, a few criteria need to be met.

1) Nintendo pulls off The Nintendo Network well(bahahaha)
2) Traditional controller functionality isn't canned
3) The platform has at least Nintendo providing it with a solid lineup of games(I enjoyed my N64, GCN, and Wii. Nintendo makes good poop a lot of the time)

I'm not worried about number 3, but number 1 and 2 could go either way. I've seen nothing on traditional controller functionality at all. Or even anything on local multiplayer for that matter.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if this thing was a success if Nintendo plays their cards right. People these days love luxury devices and tv/console/tablet interactivity is something that a lot of people would be interested in. The Wii brand is still thriving as well. So who knows where this could go.

Quote from: The True Nicolas Cage on April 10, 2012, 03:46:36 PM
People bought 360 at that price.
And then they all had to buy another one.

I traded in my third refurbished(had to keep sending xbox after xbox in after buying one new) for the new black model at GS a few years ago. Never once bought a new one after the first.

Kayo

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on April 10, 2012, 03:10:31 PM
Capcom gets maybe half of the retail price of each unit, so $10 million sounds more like what they got. I doubt the budget (including marketing) was much less than that.

On that note, would anyone buy a Wii U if it costs $399?
Please tell me that's way higher than what the actual price will be.

I'm not buying it at that price. I'll stick to my screenless controllers until it drops to $250 or lower.

I'm predicting $299.99 though.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Zero

Parts cost $180

Combine that with assembly, worker's wages, shipping, advertising, etc. and yeah I wouldn't be surprised at a $399.99 price tag.

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Z on April 10, 2012, 05:10:14 PM
Parts cost $180

Combine that with assembly, worker's wages, shipping, advertising, etc. and yeah I wouldn't be surprised at a $399.99 price tag.
Please don't state rumors as fact, especially ones from sketchy sources.

Kayo

Quote from: Z on April 10, 2012, 05:10:14 PM
Parts cost $180

Statistics.

85% are made up on the spot
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Tupin

I wonder how much of an advantage they will have releasing their next generation console so early. The Move and Kinect were supposed to add life to the PS3/360, don't know if it's really doing that, but that's what was planned.

One can only wonder what will be announced at E3.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Zero

Quote from: Kayo on April 10, 2012, 05:29:52 PM
Statistics.

85% are made up on the spot

My post wasn't a statistic. What the intercourse  are you talking about?

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on April 10, 2012, 05:19:50 PM
Please don't state rumors as fact, especially ones from sketchy sources.

Wasn't explicitly decreeing that my post was absolute, though I can see how it could be seen that way. It could be challenged. For the record, $180 sounds about right plus or minus some.

Kayo

Quote from: Z on April 10, 2012, 06:15:10 PM
My post wasn't a statistic. What the intercourse  are you talking about?

Wasn't explicitly decreeing that my post was absolute, though I can see how it could be seen that way. It could be challenged. For the record, $180 sounds about right plus or minus some.
You pulled the parts cost out your left ass.
[move][/move]

Zero

Quote from: Kayo on April 10, 2012, 06:41:14 PM
You pulled the parts cost out your left ass.

Even if I did fabricate the claim, that wouldn't make it a statistic. You're not really making any sense here.

The rumor exists.

http://www.forgetthebox.net/mag/culture/forum-m/rumor-wii-u-price.php

Kayo

Quote from: Z on April 10, 2012, 06:45:55 PM
Even if I did fabricate the claim, that wouldn't make it a statistic. You're not really making any sense here.

The rumor exists.

http://www.forgetthebox.net/mag/culture/forum-m/rumor-wii-u-price.php
The what exists?
[move][/move]

Hero_of_Darkness

FYI: Nintendo will not announce the price at E3.

EDIT: The Wii U shop will be ready at launch with downloads of full retail games.

Nayrman

I read the no price tag at E3 as well. To be honest, I think that is a bad move. With the economy so tight, it'd probably be a good idea to give us some kind of indication of price ahead of time so those of us with sketchy job situations (as in, ALL of us) can save up appropriately or so. or at least plan around it. Obviously that depends on when Nintendo wants to announce it, but hopefully it'll be a "end of summer, AT LATEST" deals.

I hope that second part Darkness, is true as well, as hopefully that means Nintendo has finally decided to put some darn memory in their system. Yeesh.

Also, the Nintendo Network better not blow, or they're effectively dead in the water from Day 1.