News:

<Clu> no nsfcd is basically a ghost town, it should be killed behind fences

Main Menu

I'm Sick and Tired

Started by Beatnik, July 12, 2009, 08:32:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beatnik

The only thing I like on this site has been ruined. I'm talking about the serious discussion board. I can't enjoy a site where protection of peoples' feelings takes priority over being able to speak freely.

I'll be back eventually, but until then...

Au revoir. It was nice sharing a forum with you guys.
"I like cigarettes, Mrs. Taggart. I like to think of fire held in a man's hand. Fire, a dangerous force, tamed at his fingertips. I often wonder about the hours when a man sits alone, watching the smoke of a cigarette, thinking. I wonder what great things have come from such hours. When a man thinks, there is a spot of fire alive in his mind-and it is proper that he should have the burning point of a cigarette as his one expression..."

SkyMyl

Dill

The doctor is sick. Trouble must be brewing.

Macawmoses

Quote from: Beatnik on July 12, 2009, 08:32:50 AM
The only thing I like on this site has been ruined. I'm talking about the serious discussion board. I can't enjoy a site where protection of peoples' feelings takes priority over being able to speak freely.

I'll be back eventually, but until then...

Au revoir. It was nice sharing a forum with you guys.
Shame to see you go Peter. However, honestly, it isn't a lack of being able to speak freely. You may call it censorship if you like, but it's not. All it is doing is removing non-academic posts to try and reduce ignorance, and when ignorance does get through, it at least offers up points now. So it's not a lack of free speech at all.

Dill

The main problem here is Petenik came to an Nsider offspring looking for an intelligent discussion.