News:

<+Clu> have you tried barbecuing the computer

Main Menu

Cool Maybe Useless Additions?

Started by JrDude, June 14, 2008, 06:41:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JrDude

In a new Pok?mon game (Maybe platinum?), if you could add small things in the games to make it cooler (in your opinion), what would you add?
I was thinking about the battle scenes, that maybe when you get a critical hit, the attack has a different look, like maybe you use absorb/any other attacks that drain health, and it's a critical hit, the bubbles could be bigger, or when you use ice beam then the beam is bigger, something small and useless.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Lotos

Bike NEEDS to be faster.  I was disappointed with how the bike is about at fast as the running shoes (or was that another game?).

JrDude

Quote from: Lotos on June 14, 2008, 07:54:15 PM
Bike NEEDS to be faster.  I was disappointed with how the bike is about at fast as the running shoes (or was that another game?).
your probably either in the wrong gear, or riding the slower bike.
In R/S/E, there are 2 bikes that you can ride, 1 is fast, the other is slow but can do tricks.
in D/P your bike has 2 gears, I don't know why, but there is, 1 can go fast, the other is slow, I don't see the point in the slow gear, but it's there. To switch gears, press B while riding it.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Lotos

Quote from: JrDude on June 14, 2008, 07:57:06 PM
Quote from: Lotos on June 14, 2008, 07:54:15 PM
your probably either in the wrong gear, or riding the slower bike.
In R/S/E, there are 2 bikes that you can ride, 1 is fast, the other is slow but can do tricks.
in D/P your bike has 2 gears, I don't know why, but there is, 1 can go fast, the other is slow, I don't see the point in the slow gear, but it's there. To switch gears, press B while riding it.
I know about the second gear.  I just remember the R/S/E Mach bike being uber fast, and I'd like the D/P/P bike to be like that too :D

THEEVILSPERKY

Some sorta customization options in terms of your own character... MAYBE.

Boy/Girl is good, but perhaps there can be some sort of selection of clothing... I've always wanted that for some reason.  I'm not sure how I feel about that 100% though.. but it might work well.

I also loved how in Yellow you had Pikachu following you.  There's SOME of that in D/P.. but it's not the same.  I'm also not sure how I'd feel about that if it came back full-force.

That "crunch" you hear when you score a critical is pretty satisfying as is, but the extra animation doesn't sound like a bad idea.
NES, SNES, N64, GCN (Jet Black), PQ (JPN), Wii, GBP (Clear), GBC (Green x2), GBASP (x2 Cobalt, x1 NES), DSLite (Black), SG3, SDC (x1 BIG, x1 Clear black top, solid grey/beige bottom), PS (x2), PS2 (Slim, Silver), PS3 (NTSC 60GB upgraded to 500GB), PSP 2000 (Silver, 4GB), XBox360 Elite

JrDude

Quote from: THEEVILSPERKY on June 14, 2008, 10:16:01 PM

Boy/Girl is good, but perhaps there can be some sort of selection of clothing... I've always wanted that for some reason.  I'm not sure how I feel about that 100% though.. but it might work well.

I also loved how in Yellow you had Pikachu following you.  There's SOME of that in D/P.. but it's not the same.  I'm also not sure how I'd feel about that if it came back full-force.

That "crunch" you hear when you score a critical is pretty satisfying as is, but the extra animation doesn't sound like a bad idea.
Oh yeah, I've always wanted that custom clothing thing too, I actually made some examples of what they might look like in the enemies clothing (like galactic).
[spoiler=And here they are:]

[/spoiler]
[move][/move]
Dude .

ThePowerOfOne

Quote from: JrDude on June 15, 2008, 03:25:25 PM
Quote from: THEEVILSPERKY on June 14, 2008, 10:16:01 PM

Oh yeah, I've always wanted that custom clothing thing too, I actually made some examples of what they might look like in the enemies clothing (like galactic).
[spoiler=And here they are:]

[/spoiler]
Team Aqua clothes FTW!