News:

<+Clu> Silverhawk79 is just wrong for me

Main Menu

Compatibility of games passed D/P with Wii (with a MPR rant)

Started by Lotos, March 17, 2010, 11:42:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thirdkoopa

Quote from: Zero on March 22, 2010, 03:03:26 PM
@TK: Stadium 1 and 2 were two of the coolest games on the N64 during their time.
That is the only sentence I needed to hear in understanding why I didn't find them all that great. I just don't know; I was really playing it for the main game, and those "Gym Leader or bosses whatever things" were rather disappointing in difficulty. I suppose it was neat for fighting against friends but then again that's where the whole "During their time" thing applies to.
[21:11] <mackormoses> let's take a look at today's stats
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> stats today are high
[21:11] <mackormoses> holy intercourse ing poop
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> you adding all these standards
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> is really pushing us [/quote]
Quote from: JrDude φ on May 31, 2010, 08:32:13 PM
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"

Zero

Quote from: Third K on March 22, 2010, 03:11:52 PM
That is the only sentence I needed to hear in understanding why I didn't find them all that great. I just don't know; I was really playing it for the main game, and those "Gym Leader or bosses whatever things" were rather disappointing in difficulty. I suppose it was neat for fighting against friends but then again that's where the whole "During their time" thing applies to.

Yes, nowadays the only time my friends and I whip them out is when we want to play the mini-games, which are pretty great.

Neerb

Quote from: Zero on March 22, 2010, 03:03:26 PM
So my gf and I could just sit there and battle each other using a tv with this game or is this feature Wi-Fi only?

Quite the contrary; as far as I know, instant DS mode is available ONLY locally; Wi-Fi requires Wii files.

Thirdkoopa

Quote from: Zero on March 22, 2010, 03:16:29 PM
Yes, nowadays the only time my friends and I whip them out is when we want to play the mini-games, which are pretty great.
Sounds like something I would pull up as a 3AM last minute ploy.

Come to think over it however It's odd to see how I'm the only one who commented on blu's idea of a hybrid between Colosseum and Stadium. That'd be pretty sweet to me and if worked hard, actually worth the 50$
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"

Neerb

I really want the canon RPG series to get some freaking 3D graphics, but I suppose that's a completely different animal...

Anyway... a hybrid between Stadium and Colosseum? How exactly would that differ from normal Colosseum? Rentals and mini-games?

bluaki

Quote from: SmashBro25 on March 22, 2010, 07:23:48 PM
Anyway... a hybrid between Stadium and Colosseum? How exactly would that differ from normal Colosseum? Rentals and mini-games?
Those two are a couple, yes. Colosseum completely lacks both.

Colosseum's battle mode is rather minimal, only having a basic link battle with GBA games as well as that 100-battle marathon thing. It also has a terrible lack of connectivity with the GBA games in the story until after you're completely done, while Stadium-like games of course allow you to transfer your handheld teams at any time. I forget what the Realgam Tower was like, but I believe Colosseum didn't have nearly as complete higher-level battles, not to mention all of the battles were based on level and experience unlike the battles in Stadium/Battle Tower/etc.
Quote from: SmashBro25 on March 22, 2010, 07:23:48 PM
I really want the canon RPG series to get some freaking 3D graphics, but I suppose that's a completely different animal...
For now, the closest we're getting is the DS games' 3D overworld that is filled with 2D overworld character sprites and low-resolution textures, with no more than 4-directional movement.
Quote from: Third K on March 22, 2010, 06:10:51 PM
Come to think over it however It's odd to see how I'm the only one who commented on blu's idea of a hybrid between Colosseum and Stadium. That'd be pretty sweet to me and if worked hard, actually worth the 50$
It could actually be improved further by slightly merging part of PBR, too. Trainer customization, which it introduced (albeit lacking in a few subjects like number of base character models), is a rather good thing. Not to mention Wi-Fi battles and Mystery Gift prizes.

Thirdkoopa

Come to think of it, screw making a 3D Canon game. Adding it up It's all just too perfect for nintendo not to do for a console Pokemon. Look at it;

-Wi-Fi Battles along with easier to play multiplayer around. FOUR PLAYERS WITH GC CONTROLLERS YES (PBR/Stadium)
-Mystery Gifts, Trainer Customization, etc (PBR)
-Minigames, Rentals, and so forth. (Stadium)
-A more broad and exploration path. (Main Games)
-No bull of Shadow Pokemon. (Colosseum)
-Getting to put in your team or export your team at any time you want. (Stadium)
-An opportunity to somewhat balance Pokemon more since we're starting to have a lot of them. Just think about it - More balance. MORE. BALANCE!
-An actually good story. (Colosseum)

Etc. We basically get something that's not only worth 50$ but we have something on our potential hands that can compete with the main pokemon/canon games far better than they do on there own.

Too bad for now It's only a dream thought. Maybe somewhere down the road if another Colosseum type game were to be made.

Neerb

The canon series needs to stay portable forever; I don't think anyone could stand being forced to stay at home on one TV in order to train their pokemon.

Oh, and 3D graphics pokemon canon is entirely possible if Nintendo would just stop acting like vagina cleaning devices when it comes to fan desires... in fact, we could get our very next gen in literal 3D...  ;)

Zero

Quote from: SmashBro25 on March 23, 2010, 02:05:17 PM
The canon series needs to stay portable forever; I don't think anyone could stand being forced to stay at home on one TV in order to train their pokemon.)

Which is why up until Colosseum there hadn't been a Pokemon RPG on a console, but honestly, I think that a Pokemon RPG on a console would be amazing if it borrowed from the handhelds. When I was a child I'd imagine how awesome it'd be to play a Pokemon game like that, and my imagination would run wild to the thoughts of a "realistic" pokemon RPG experience. It's possible, Nintendo just hasn't made a freaking effort.

Thirdkoopa

Stuff.
What I mean by is;

Fuck making a 3D Canon console game. This idea brings in the potential overall to not only pass most aspects of the DS games as an RPG asides from the whole "Training your pokemon" Thing but also making it a better RPG and appealing to more fan types than one. Along with some potential for some great innovation as long as it isn't overexcessive. Like hell even just hearing the words "More balanced" and "Multiplayer potential" sound amazing to me.

This way, the canon series still exist with not a large ammount of changes at all, and this would exist as a partial spin-off that would show more innovation like new plots to each game. How is that not awesome?

So_So_Man

The canon series needs to stay portable forever; I don't think anyone could stand being forced to stay at home on one TV in order to train their pokemon.

Oh, and 3D graphics pokemon canon is entirely possible if Nintendo would just stop acting like vagina cleaning devices when it comes to fan desires... in fact, we could get our very next gen in literal 3D...  ;)
except that gen 5 is being released in Japan in late 2010, not early 2011

Neerb

Quote from: So_So_Man on March 23, 2010, 04:14:51 PM
except that gen 5 is being released in Japan in late 2010, not early 2011

Like Nintendo's never delayed a game before.  :|

Besides, it would be just plain stupid for them to release the next gen on a console that will become obsolete a couple months later... unless they then release a special version on the 3DS immediately afterward ala Twilight Princess. That would be a total waste of 3DS potential, though.  :(